Travelling to a German game

McLee

Thanks for the heads up German Jag. What league are Eintracht Braunsscheig playing in, and are they far from Hamburg? I usually use a web site called "footiemaps.com" to find out where teams play in their respective countries and cant honestly say that I noticed them. Generally we're willing to travel about 1 1/2 hours max by train to take in a game using the "Lander pass" which makes for good value.

Braunschweig are top of BL2 at present. To get there from Hamburg is train to Hannover then another 35 minutes or so eastwards.

If you find Wolfsburg on the map, then Braunschweig (Brunswick) is 20 miles south-west.

I remember when Eintracht Braunschweig were in the third tier they were still getting crowds of 14,000 or so. It'll be good to see them back in the top flight, where they haven't been since I was an infant.

6 of us heading over to Hamburg for the weekend of April 19th. Hamburg are at home to Dussledorf, Bremen are a home to Wolfsburg and Hanover are at home to Bayern that wwekend. As a Hanover watcher, what do you reckon our chances of picking up briefs for the Hanover game will be? With a bit of luck, we may get two games in at the weekend.

Off to Frankfurt vs Bayern next april if i can get a ticket. :unsure:

Had forgotten about viagogo. Have never used so no idea how reliable or how quick you get your tickets.

H96 v Bayern

E Frankfurt v Bayern

€64 for the H96 fixture isn't too bad. With Frankfurt coming up last year then more interest than usual, lowest on there just now is a hefty €139!

Had forgotten about viagogo. Have never used so no idea how reliable or how quick you get your tickets.

H96 v Bayern

E Frankfurt v Bayern

€64 for the H96 fixture isn't too bad. With Frankfurt coming up last year then more interest than usual, lowest on there just now is a hefty €139!

To be honest, I've registered for Bayern tickets at their home games, but next to nothing comes up for home league games. Plenty for cup games though. That was our main decision for going to Hamburg this season as opposed to Munich.

To be honest, I've registered for Bayern tickets at their home games, but next to nothing comes up for home league games. Plenty for cup games though. That was our main decision for going to Hamburg this season as opposed to Munich.

Easiest way to get a ticket for the Allianz Arena is to register with one of the other BL teams and apply for a ticket for the away section. Not the best if you're a Bayern fan and looking to go all dressed up in Bayern colours. If you go "icognito" nobody bothers, and when I was in the away end last season every time Bayern scored half the away end jumped up and down.

Same goes for those looking to get to a Dortmund game at the Westfalenstadion.

• 2 months later...

Thinking of heading too Cologne for a match.

Anyone got any advice? What's it like for a night out etc.

Cologne is easy enough to get to, German Wings are based there and fly direct from Scotland. Also, Lufthansa are starting flights between Glasgow and Düsseldorf.

Thinking of heading too Cologne for a match.

Anyone got any advice? What's it like for a night out etc.

Cologne is nice but a bit quiet for a lad's weekend - more the kind of place you'd go on a couples weekend.

I'd advise Dortmund, Hamburg or Munich, all great places with good games to go to - you can always go and watch 1860 Munich who share the Allianz Arena with Bayern If the Bayern tickets are a bit pricey :) tbh though tickets for most games are ok - maybe buy them at the fan shops when you get there as it is much cheaper than the ticket sites like Seatwave.

All the cities above are easy enough to fly to, for Dortmund go to Weeze airport with Ryanair, about an hour away but with Deutsche Bahn being as heat as they are the journey is a breeze.

I went on a stag do to Cologne last March and it was absolutely fine, we went to Dusseldorf for the football as the Cologne game was moved for tv to a time just as we were leaving the city to go home.

1359292563[/url]' post='7021973']

I went on a stag do to Cologne last March and it was absolutely fine, we went to Dusseldorf for the football as the Cologne game was moved for tv to a time just as we were leaving the city to go home.

Fine or good?? Mixed age and group going so if the pubs are good and there's plenty of totty talent to look at it could be a plan.

Cheers for he responses guys.

Fine or good?? Mixed age and group going so if the pubs are good and there's plenty of totty talent to look at it could be a plan.

Cheers for he responses guys.

Fine as in good. There were 11 of us, age range was about 25 to 60, majority in the 30-35 range. Heavy drinkers (I fell asleep in my dinner the first night, although to be fair we had started drinking at 7am in the bar at St Pancras) and all football supporters.

Edit; Dusseldorf was 20 minutes by train, cheap, no problems, perfect day and gave us the split between Cologne on Friday and Sunday and somewhere different on the Saturday.

Edited by mid-table

Dusseldorf is looking the plan. Flights from Glasgow half the price of Edin to Hamburg.

Taking in the Gladbach v Shalke game on the Saturday. Fortuna are away as are Leverkeusen and even Cologne so Gladbach being at home will be the option.

Dusseldorf is looking the plan. Flights from Glasgow half the price of Edin to Hamburg.

Taking in the Gladbach v Shalke game on the Saturday. Fortuna are away as are Leverkeusen and even Cologne so Gladbach being at home will be the option.

You've also got Duisburg and Bochum within easy reach in the BL2 as well.