Walking Down The Halbeath Road

My real name is in my profile on .net. Having my real name in my profile has led to a member of my family being confronted after I questioned a certain player's comments regarding Paul Gallacher being called up for Scotland. My comments were entirely tongue-in-cheek and were completely taken out of context in what was a ridiculous overreaction. I was informed that I would have to watch what I say in future due to the over-sensitivity of said player.

I don't mind using my real name - I have nothing to hide - however in some cases it can cause far more harm than good, not only on myself but on people who know me. With that one incident stemming from an entirely innocuous comment.

Thats pretty bad. The name I post under most people know me as anyway so anytime i post anything under here or fantalk people are fully aware of who iam. Saying that people feel more comfortable posting as an alias and judging by your comments can see why

We're screwed. The puppet master is holding the strings and the support is about to be cut. I managed to catch Honk's input at midnight before he deleted it and coupling that with something I have just read then it all becomes clear. If we see out the end of the season then it will be a minor miracle.

We're screwed. The puppet master is holding the strings and the support is about to be cut. I managed to catch Honk's input at midnight before he deleted it and coupling that with something I have just read then it all becomes clear. If we see out the end of the season then it will be a minor miracle.

Care to share what was said?

I saw the original post and it didn't make for good reading. Of course anyone who speaks out against the club is a trouble maker though and no-one criticise the likes of Brian and Buffy because they're doing more than us for the club. rolleyes.gif

Can I get in the PM also ?

Edited by GordieBoy80

As an aside, my Dad really dislikes Buffy. He has never met her, nor does he read .net. It stems from reading the updates on the site since he can't go to games and he sits and curses her every weekend because they're "pish"

He's right though, they are pish and she makes them sound like the hardest thing in the world. They're not. Back when I did the updates the vast majority of the time I was pished, the last minute og game at Stark's I could barely stand tbh.

Don't want to get on your tits lad but a PM would be nice alsowink.gif

The thread "Gone" remarking on the disappearance of "The Truth" thread has also been deleted. laugh.gif Dot net are really taking the club boaby now. My mistake, it had must have been hidden for a bit. It's back now.

Edited by GordieBoy80

I've never group PM's before btw, how do I go about doing so? I will also add this is by no means gospel, it's my interpenetration of the two posts I read and drawing my conclusions. As Gordie said though, it didn't make good reading...

Edited by Islay

I've never group PM's before btw, how do I go about doing so? I will also add this is by no means gospel, it's my interpenetration of the two posts I read and drawing my conclusions. As Gordie said though, it didn't make good reading...

Go to make a PM as normal with one person, then use the full editor and it allows you to add up to 10 people.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Cool, will remember that for next time, I've done it individually atm. You should have yours.

My pre-edit was for already existing PMs ph34r.gif

Received cheers, that's exactly what PLL and myself have been speculating about.