Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It isn't nice to see whats happening to the Pars. Particularly given that if they do go bust then it'd have a catastrophic impact on Rovers too with our current budgets. Hopefully everything works out fine for them. Ideally, we'll have a mild winter with no postponements and they'll pull through this. At the end of the season, be it in the SPL or SFL, hopefully they cut their cloth and begin to really cut back on their team. Essentially, everyone needs to do the same more often now.

Quite.

However the fanbase, as always, will have little to do with that.

The "Big Team" tag so lovingly nurtured by some and derided by others can prove to be a suicidal millstone around the neck of any club. It lends itself to constant over reaching and when this disease is in the boardrooms, the clubs demise is firmly on a timeline.

It really is time clubs stopped this nonsense of trying to excessively spend their way out of trouble - it's the financial acumen of the hopeless gambling addict.

Fanbased Trusts and majority ownership will need to become the norm for clubs like Raith and Dunfermline if they want to survive. New Boards need to be 10,000 strong so that the financial burdens can be spread more evenly. They also need to be able to accept years in 'The Wilderness' of lower divisions, bringing on youngsters and operating within small - REALISTIC - budgets. Genuine club fans will remain loyal and help build a stronger club, the others, meh, who cares?

Pars cannot be allowed to die - end of. If that were to happen,that kind of disease will spread amongst other clubs of similair size - including ours. Domino effect.

Good luck lads.

Just had a read of that thread and had to stop, jesus it was like being back on fan talk *shudders*

Seriously tho i had a chat with a pars fan on Sat night and at one stage thought he might swing at me :lol:

Basically i was making enquiries as to why the Pars have been letting the situation stagnate for so long, the basic response was that no one in the club would tell them what was happening. When i asked about a fans rep he said they didnt know who it was. Fans will be the ones who decide if the club lives or dies with their support and fundraising efforts. Agreed with the guy who advised raising the money but keeping it away from the club until you get a better idea of the situation, without sounding like the BOD are panto villans if you hand the cash to the club you have no idea where it is going

As ive said beforeI hope the Pars dont go out of business but as Andy has mentioned if you are sweating on getting the go ahead for the 2 derby games to keep you afloat, isnt looking good

It's a total headfuck in there! My head is spinning,

Buffy better get rid of all her posts in the last 24 hours, she's lucky that no-one else knows wtf she is supposed to be doing so they probably think she is dealing with them properly by hurling abuse & accusations at anyone who doesn't sit down & shut up. Where are the rest of the trust board?

It's wrong but I was in kinks last night when they were trying to boot Grant out the support for posting a link to a statement, then they had Jimmy down as the rebel. laugh.gif

then they had Jimmy down as the rebel. laugh.gif

James is vehemently hated on .net. They have him down as a serial WUM, although in all honesty I rarely disagree with what he says. He takes a massive level of unwarranted abuse which is a bit pathetic.

The standard of posting generally on .net has diminished somewhat over the past few years. I don't post anywhere near as much as I used to and I've kept quiet on most things currently going on, and with threads such as those linked to above then I will continue to do so.

We all want what's best for Dunfermline Athletic, yet so many seem to be at each other's throats.

It's a total headfuck in there! My head is spinning,

Buffy better get rid of all her posts in the last 24 hours, she's lucky that no-one else knows wtf she is supposed to be doing so they probably think she is dealing with them properly by hurling abuse & accusations at anyone who doesn't sit down & shut up. Where are the rest of the trust board?

It's wrong but I was in kinks last night when they were trying to boot Grant out the support for posting a link to a statement, then they had Jimmy down as the rebel. laugh.gif

Of course he's a rebel, he's got his own opinion and isn't afraid to say what he thinks. As for the trust board God knows.

It's apparent that 'Brian' has the Pars at heart but his posting style screams of 'It's ma baw and I'm taking it hame!'

Do the Pars support on here think that there is much they can do to help or do they think that any fund-raising would just be a raindrop in the ocean?

It's apparent that 'Brian' has the Pars at heart but his posting style screams of 'It's ma baw and I'm taking it hame!'

Do the Pars support on here think that there is much they can do to help or do they think that any fund-raising would just be a raindrop in the ocean?

I'm really not sure what to think tbh. We need more communication between the board and the fans. Still, I'll be doing as much as I can for the club. Taking a couple Hibees and a Celtic fan to the game on Saturday. I really dunno what I'd do without Dunfermline.

I'm on holiday just now and its difficult to actually get a clear picture on whats actually happenning as everyone is at each other. I know there are money problems and the trust have started to mobilise and thres also some other things on the go. The problem i have is that people are asking questions but we're either getting brushed off or not getting the full truth....if the club needs money now then they need to say...unless its too late for the supporters. The Dumbarton game cant come soon enough...as long as all the people who say they'll go will actually get along...

I find it hard to take that people are still defending the BOD (JY and GM) after what has transpired over the last few years.

It's even worse when they are attacking the very people who 'moaned' about this happening ten years ago.

Absolutely unbelievable and quite sad to see actually. It's like the rats fighting over scraps in the kitchen of the Titanic.

I found the line about people hiding behind user names quite pathetic. In what forum, across the entire world, do most people post under their real names, and why would that make what they say more valid anyway?

Of course this all comes from 'Brian', which is is no way anonymous.

Edited by DA Baracus

I found the line about people hiding behind user names quite pathetic. In what forum, across the entire world, do most people post under their real names, and why would that make what they say more valid anyway?

Of course this all comes from 'Brian', which is is no anonymous.

My real name is in my profile on .net. Having my real name in my profile has led to a member of my family being confronted after I questioned a certain player's comments regarding Paul Gallacher being called up for Scotland. My comments were entirely tongue-in-cheek and were completely taken out of context in what was a ridiculous overreaction. I was informed that I would have to watch what I say in future due to the over-sensitivity of said player.

I don't mind using my real name - I have nothing to hide - however in some cases it can cause far more harm than good, not only on myself but on people who know me. With that one incident stemming from an entirely innocuous comment.