Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

And what on earth is the issue with that?

You have to ask? 

Removing Pars fans opinions on a player because they don't like what folks has to say is what's wrong with it. 

Say what you like as long as it's not a negative opinion is ok with you is it? 

1 minute ago, P475 said:

You have to ask? 

Removing Pars fans opinions on a player because they don't like what folks has to say is what's wrong with it. 

Say what you like as long as it's not a negative opinion is ok with you is it? 

I suppose it's the problem with such social media. The club will see it as "their" page so they'll want to project positive opinions. Strange etiquette/mentality of punters who want to criticise the club on that sort of platform. Plenty of sites like this where folk can have a moan.

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

And what on earth is the issue with that?

They're quite entitled to censor their own stuff if they want. Doesn't make them look very good but it's their decision. My main point is that it's repeating the mistakes of the past. With the club priding itself on now being open with the fans (which they usually absolutely are) then it's disappointing they'd simply delete any opinions they don't like.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

This'll be a make or break season for McManus. Although he's still only 22, if he flops two seasons running there's a serious possibility he'll be viewed as the typical Chris Templeman/Greig Spence type of centre forward who tears the seaside leagues apart but can't cope at this level and might not get another chance here for years.

Taking out the disaster he had for Raith last season, I felt people were overly critical when he was with us in 15/16. Yes, he did struggle a bit and obviously didn't look the same player he had in League 1, but even at that he scored 5 goals in 14 games. That's a really decent return, and he managed that while playing as a second striker supporting the main goalscorer, rather than his more familiar role of playing on the shoulder of defenders as the focal point of attack and doing them for pace.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap any of our current centre forwards for him and it's a gamble of a signing, but there are reasons to believe he can be a success.

Re: McManus... I remember fans of St Mirren and Morton telling us the exact same about McMullan last season. Different players suit different clubs. Football is a strange game. Reilly was great at Queens, but awful for us, at the same level. McMullan was poor in the championship, then came into form with us.

McManus was excellent at league 1 level with Morton. He was quick and a good finisher. He had struggled so far at championship level, but is only 22. In prepared to give him a chance. It may not be a signing that gets me excited, but it's a signing that I'm willing to see how it goes.

Have never seen Splaine play, so I'm willing to give him a chance as well. Don't understand people writing players off, before even seeing them play for us/in our system.

Why isn't Andy Barrowman modelling the strips? Wasted opportunity by Joma. 

43 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

This'll be a make or break season for McManus. Although he's still only 22, if he flops two seasons running there's a serious possibility he'll be viewed as the typical Chris Templeman/Greig Spence type of centre forward who tears the seaside leagues apart but can't cope at this level and might not get another chance here for years.

Taking out the disaster he had for Raith last season, I felt people were overly critical when he was with us in 15/16. Yes, he did struggle a bit and obviously didn't look the same player he had in League 1, but even at that he scored 5 goals in 14 games. That's a really decent return, and he managed that while playing as a second striker supporting the main goalscorer, rather than his more familiar role of playing on the shoulder of defenders as the focal point of attack and doing them for pace.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't swap any of our current centre forwards for him and it's a gamble of a signing, but there are reasons to believe he can be a success.

McManus seems like the kind of player who will fit well into our system (if he gets a game). Glad we've got him now so he gets a full preseason with us. It does underline the gulf between our ambition and the reality of who we can actually afford.