Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is it just me that thinks there's a lot of people, not just our own clubs fans, who are getting more impatient every season for signings? I don't think even ten years ago that there was this much worry with so long to to until the new season.

12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Better having space for signing than signing a bunch of jobbers early.

Precisely, last year we didn't start shite because we didn't sign the players early enough, we started shite because we really signed shite from last season (Hutton, BRE, McCabe and Moffat) 

8 hours ago, Jimmy85 said:

A lot of players have moved on but let's be realistic, if we want to finish in the top 4 none of the players who have left would have helped us achieve that. 

That's the game. 

9 hours ago, ExxyJj said:

Meh.

Not bothered by this news. As I've said before, wasn't really a fan.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

Bit concerned at the number of players we've lost. We started very poorly last year, and I believe that was due to players taking so long to get used to each other. AJ said he didn't want to change too much, then we've lost 9/10 first team players, if you include loan players returning. That's a huge change.

I would say it's different this coming season though as we have a core of players (Murdoch, Talbot, Morris, Ashcroft, Wedderburn, Higginbotham, Clark) that have played together regularly. As you can see, it's not losing 9/10 first team players; at least 7 are still here and will be regular starters, and others, like McMullen and Herron, may yet sign.

8 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

The slightly worrying thing though is there's not really any other candidates standing out in our kind of price range to take us to that level an we currently don't have anyone else to fall back on already signed up. As you guys have said though there's still plenty time an more players will become available.

On a side note does anything think perhaps AJs ineptitude and general lack of use of his substitutions during games is having an effect on players signing up again? Its pretty much a stick on that if you're not a first pick you'll be lucky to get five minutes on the park every week and who really wants that?! 

Outstanding candidates? Do you play the transfer market regularly then? 

You might have a point about the subs thing though.

On 2017-6-2 at 11:44, DA Baracus said:

You said you heard something but can't say what it is until it's announced.

I could say that we're going to sign someone but can't say who it is until it's announced, and then once a signing is made claim I knew all along.

That me right again? Only wanted the attention though

2 minutes ago, Fungi said:

That me right again? Only wanted the attention though

But anyone could have done that. You didn't say anything other than you knew something but couldn't say what. I could say I know exactly who we'll sign but can't say, and then when a signing is made say 'told you so!'.

Yes, you did it for attention, otherwise why bring it up at all if you couldn't say what it was?

Just now, DA Baracus said:

But anyone could have done that. You didn't say anything other than you knew something but couldn't say what. I could say I know exactly who we'll sign but can't say, and then when a signing is made say 'told you so!'.

Yes, you did it for attention, otherwise why bring it up at all if you couldn't say what it was?

Think it was quite clear what the quote was. Only claimed to know about dycey and McCabe who are related, no one else. I actually don't care anyway, you're a bitter c**t. 

Roll on faissy loan, pull a favour with Neil

I've never got this DAFC.net mentality of accusing others of attention seeking, surely everyone is looking for attention on some level with their posts, yet the attention seeking tag is used as a stick to beat others with on there. 

.net is a total joke of a site, and is moderated by power crazed idiots. Please, let's not take P&B down that shit smeared path guys. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Meh.

Not bothered by this news. As I've said before, wasn't really a fan.

I would say it's different this coming season though as we have a core of players (Murdoch, Talbot, Morris, Ashcroft, Wedderburn, Higginbotham, Clark) that have played together regularly. As you can see, it's not losing 9/10 first team players; at least 7 are still here and will be regular starters, and others, like McMullen and Herron, may yet sign.

Outstanding candidates? Do you play the transfer market regularly then? 

You might have a point about the subs thing though.

I meant there's no other candidates which stand out as being players who can take us to the next level who are available. Apart from loans we will be looking at free agents and I haven't really seen anyone mentioned much better than what we already have. 

Again still plenty time though so further into the window guys from the league above might become available. 

Relatively calm discussion on here about this which is good to see.

.net is in utter meltdown about a player (who was a waste of a wage for 90% of his time with us) leaving for a LOI club..

50 minutes ago, Fungi said:

Not really looking for attention at all, just sharing information. Sorry if it offends people.

No one's offended, and even if they were, it's a football forum so who cares?

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Relatively calm discussion on here about this which is good to see.

.net is in utter meltdown about a player (who was a waste of a wage for 90% of his time with us) leaving for a LOI club..

.net is an embarrassment to DAFC and, Pars fans the world over. 

I think we might be one of the earliest clubs back but probably need some bodies through the door before then. Hope guys like Hopkirk and Wedderburn have their best pre season so we can see the best fo them early doors 

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Hopkirk is built well and is rapid, but I'm unconvinced he has what it takes to move up a level. He's found it hard going from Scotmid to full time football I think.

I agree that he's found it hard but I think he's been plagued by injury, really hopefully that a run in the team and a good pre season we will see a great partner for Clark up top