Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Quite surprised we went after Keatings and Murray tbh. Always knew both would get better deals elsewhere. Nothing ventured and all that. Be interesting to see what happens.

Off the top of my head, a loan deal for Fais would be rather smashing.

3 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

It is horrible down there with regards to away support. You might recoup one of the pars away games over the whole season.

That's not a dig, we probably didn't take in one Rovers traveling support over one whole season down there.

Its absolutely miserable as far as atmosphere and away fans go.

Being an auld twat I,m experienced in the lower divisions and shitey or should say shitier crowds but to be honest outwith you lot and a couple of other games it's been fairly miserable in the championship atmosphere wise

As a supporter strangely looking forward to the new season revisiting grounds I,ve not been at in quite a few years and hoping for a more enjoyable season in respect of winning games and with a bit of luck challenging at the right end of the league

8 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Quite surprised we went after Keatings and Murray tbh. Always knew both would get better deals elsewhere. Nothing ventured and all that. Be interesting to see what happens.

Off the top of my head, a loan deal for Fais would be rather smashing.

Keatings was an ambitious effort but not completely insane. A proven commodity at this level and keen for regular football. Was worth a go.

Simon Murray, although currently vastly overrated, was never, ever going to sign for us. Either AJ is lying about trying to bring him in or he's a total dafty.

9 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Being an auld twat I,m experienced in the lower divisions and shitey or should say shitier crowds but to be honest outwith you lot and a couple of other games it's been fairly miserable in the championship atmosphere wise

As a supporter strangely looking forward to the new season revisiting grounds I,ve not been at in quite a few years and hoping for a more enjoyable season in respect of winning games and with a bit of luck challenging at the right end of the league

The away games aren't too bad as most places have decent wee pubs near enough to the grounds which is always a laugh but you find that when you're gonna finish seventh with John Potter in charge and Jim Patterson at left back after a couple years the novelty wears off pretty quickly. 

Keatings was an ambitious effort but not completely insane. A proven commodity at this level and keen for regular football. Was worth a go.
Simon Murray, although currently vastly overrated, was never, ever going to sign for us. Either AJ is lying about trying to bring him in or he's a total dafty.

Sells season tickets.

1 hour ago, All-Star-Par said:

The away games aren't too bad as most places have decent wee pubs near enough to the grounds which is always a laugh but you find that when you're gonna finish seventh with John Potter in charge and Jim Patterson at left back after a couple years the novelty wears off pretty quickly. 

Had utterly forgotten we had Jim Paterson at all tbh.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Can we stop talking about finishing 7th? I thought it was agreed that season didn't happen.

Someone usually mentions that we "almost got relegated", despite the fact we ended 19 points clear of 9th and 28 clear of 10th.

Still the worst season since I started watching the Pars by some distance though.

24 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Sells season tickets.

If any one single person bought a ST because we "tried" to sign Simon Murray then they should be sterilised immediately. No human being that stupid can be allowed to reproduce.

31 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Had utterly forgotten we had Jim Paterson at all tbh.

Someone usually mentions that we "almost got relegated", despite the fact we ended 19 points clear of 9th and 28 clear of 10th.

Still the worst season since I started watching the Pars by some distance though.

If any one single person bought a ST because we "tried" to sign Simon Murray then they should be sterilised immediately. No human being that stupid can be allowed to reproduce.

Awful, awful season. The highlight of the whole campaign was Andy Barrowman scoring a half yard tap in infront of the Norrie and going utterly tits. What a sight! 

On the subject of AJ trying to sign Murray, has he taken up blasting a crack pipe since the end of the season?! That's beyond ambitious and bordering on ridiculous and a waste of time tbh. 

Edited by All-Star-Par

21 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Ambitious. Nothing wrong with that. Maybe looking at a loan from down south now?

There is if we wasted any time on the Murray thing when we could have been having a look elsewhere. At least with Faissal last season there was half a chance we could get him to stay - anyone with half a brain could tell you there was zero chance Simon Murray would be playing for Dunfermline next season.

The social media side and website is designed to make money for the club. No news is bad so let's just fill it up with shite. It is a bit weird. Where else would you be asked to buy a years worth of something with no idea what you are getting.

2 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

The social media side and website is designed to make money for the club. No news is bad so let's just fill it up with shite. It is a bit weird. Where else would you be asked to buy a years worth of something with no idea what you are getting.

What are you gibbering about now?

8 hours ago, All-Star-Par said:

This.

Johnston defo been at the Maj if he thinks we had any chance of getting Murray.