Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I was just pleased to read we're still going to be in existence for Yorkie to resign at the end of 2013 season.

I'm possibly wrong but is a large part of Dunfermline's debt not owed to Yorkston's businesses etc? If he called it all in then you'd be up shit creek without a boat, never mind a paddle?

Meanwhile, in a far away reality known as the DAFC boardroom:

DAFC – Restructuring of the Board of Directors

DAFC is delighted to announce that Bob Purvis, Chairman of the Purvis Group, Jim Thomson, Managing Director of Purvis Group, Bob Garmory Chairman of Carnegie College will be joining the board.

Bob Purvis added: "Purvis Group believe that DAFC has a bright future and we are looking forward to being a part of the Club as it strives to return to the SPL. We are confident that we can add a new dimension to the business and look forward to joining the current directors in making all the facets of the Club successful."

Sounds like everything's OK?

I'm possibly wrong but is a large part of Dunfermline's debt not owed to Yorkston's businesses etc? If he called it all in then you'd be up shit creek without a boat, never mind a paddle?

Its Masterton who is owed the debt. There have been a few whispers of his business being a cause for concern for HMRC, which in turn would knock on the Pars who are due around £30m.

As for todays statement, barring Purvis decided to throw in the sums expected by HMRC, the next few weeks will be critical.

Sounds like everything's OK?

That's what the board want the fans to think. I remember in 2004 the club regularly dismissed suggestions of financial difficulty and anyone who dared to question the board was ridiculed...

Its Masterton who is owed the debt. There have been a few whispers of his business being a cause for concern for HMRC, which in turn would knock on the Pars who are due around £30m.

And now his slymaster(ton)plan is out in the open. Uh-oh.

ph34r.gif

Top of the league, new directors - sorted! You've cheered me up!

Looks like it was all an over-reaction, tbh.

Clearly they wanted to bring-forward the Falkirk game to take advantage of your good form.

These rumblings of financial catastrophe are most likely simply the machinations of the footballing equivalent of fifth-columnists.

And there was everyong going and getting worried. Silly billys.

Looks like it was all an over-reaction, tbh.

Clearly they wanted to bring-forward the Falkirk game to take advantage of your good form.

These rumblings of financial catastrophe are most likely simply the machinations of the footballing equivalent of fifth-columnists.

And there was everyong going and getting worried. Silly billys.

[/quote

I hope I'm just not getting your sarcasm otherwise that would mean you're serious.

Dont you mean "we" :P

Edited by CALDERON

So, directors were sick of not getting a say so they withold their cash. This causes cashflow problems and GM and JY now compromise to be more open and allow changes to happen.

Seems other investors have sort of blackmailed them in to running the club more efficiantly for the future.

I recon the tax bill will be paid by someone with in the club.

Just an opinion of course!

Long live the DA!

So, directors were sick of not getting a say so they withold their cash. This causes cashflow problems and GM and JY now compromise to be more open and allow changes to happen.

Seems other investors have sort of blackmailed them in to running the club more efficiantly for the future.

Long live the DA!

And European football will no doubt follow within the next 3 years at most.

Long live the DA!

Even in it's day it was an overrated hair style.