Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Remind us how that season turned out again?

Graham, Cardle, Gibson.....players like these make handing over hard-earned cash worth it.

Good, nobody expect us to do as well as we did. While winning the league would have been brilliant, having to install undersoil heating setting us back money, before heading up to ultimately end up getting scunnered every week. You deserved the league win, but ultimately, we're back to square one with both clubs.

Cool story, was that the winning goal?

Nope, but it certainly was enjoyable to come back from 2-0 down with less than ten minutes left. :D

Total shit. Try watching games. In many I've seen, he's been all over the park, at times being the only one trying to make things work. I've seen him at times becoming frustrated becuse he's dropping short, making passes and making runs to get the ball back but doesn't receive the return ball because the others are too shit. He's in no way a lazy player, and it's moronic to say he is.

I agree. Graham was hindered unfortunately by invariably picking the ball up and having very little options around him due to our general lack of quality in the midfield area. I think the "Graham is lazy" chat is a total myth - as Rob1885 says, he was one player who certainly didn't hide.

I'm disappointed if this is true as I'd have expected him to be a big player for us next season.

I agree. Graham was hindered unfortunately by invariably picking the ball up and having very little options around him due to our general lack of quality in the midfield area. I think the "Graham is lazy" chat is a total myth - as Rob1885 says, he was one player who certainly didn't hide.

I'm disappointed if this is true as I'd have expected him to be a big player for us next season.

I can only assume that Whittle, being 19 years old and on a relatively low wage, will be his replacement. If he is a better player than Graham, which has been suggested to me, then financially and beneficially to the team it makes sense. We are cutting back to 22 players so it will be interesting to see further developments.

I can only assume that Whittle, being 19 years old and on a relatively low wage, will be his replacement. If he is a better player than Graham, which has been suggested to me, then financially and beneficially to the team it makes sense. We are cutting back to 22 players so it will be interesting to see further developments.

Time will tell if he's a better player. I sincerely hope the lad does well - Jefferies must think he has something to give him a 3 year deal - but it'd be unfair to put too much pressure and expectation on him. From that viewpoint, you could understand the decision but I'd have still looked to keep him as you can play Graham wide as well as through the middle.

Be interesting to see if Aberdeen follow up their alleged interest in Cardle.

Nope, but it certainly was enjoyable to come back from 2-0 down with less than ten minutes left. :D

Should see how enjoyable it is to win a game with 7 minutes left, to win a game despite being 1-0 down with twenty minutes left through a last minute goal, and to deservedly win with 10 men, much enjoyable 8)

McCann and Keddie should definitely be telt to be on their way.

Hardie was never gonna be good enough for the SPL. I said as much at the start of the season.

Mason? Meh. Again probably time for him to move on.

Tbh, I'd be more disappointed of any of the players out of contract were kept. Not one of them who have played has actually earned a new contract.

Phinn and Bell have been unlucky with their injuries but we can't let sentiment cloud our judgement not if we're running with a squad of 18 seniors. We're a football club not a medical centre.

Tbh, I'd be more disappointed of any of the players out of contract were kept. Not one of them who have played has actually earned a new contract.

Phinn and Bell have been unlucky with their injuries but we can't let sentiment cloud our judgement not if we're running with a squad of 18 seniors. We're a football club not a medical centre.

All about opinions, but I'd disagree. There are some who, for me, have shown they warrant a deal and who I'd be confident in playing well in the First Division. I've touched on DG, others I'd include are Buchanan (given the service, he'll get goals next year), Dowie and certainly Kirk - 12 goals in a piss poor relegated side is not bad going at all.

Phinn and Bell I'd keep on pay as you play deals.

Anyone heard any rumours regarding possible new signings?

I ask as the only one i've heard so far, is that we're after Ryan Wallace from East Fife, who scored twenty three goals this season.

Nothing concrete, Jim Jeffries did have 6 trialists who all performed well in the bounce game but my source is remaining tight lipped about who they are, this is either because 1)He doesn't know who they are, or 2)He doesn't want to tell me because as soon as I found out I'd tell everyone.

Either way he's making the right choice, he did say though that they were all attack minded players who were quick and reasonably fast, sounds promising.

Although I've heard us linked with Greig Spence and Mark McKenzie among others.

Just done a quick Wiki search of Greig Spence, turns out it could be a reasonable shout as he was born in Dunfermline.

Seems legit.