Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Is there any truth in the rumour that Dunfermline tried to get Falkirk to change the boxing day game to this weekend?

Or is that a load of pish?

Almost. We wanted to switch the midweek home match in April to this upcoming Saturday, seeing as both sides have a free weekend with the Scottish Cup. Obviously, the club would make more money from a Saturday game so it makes sense. Falkirk said no however, as they had already promised their players the weekend off.

ach well............. there ye go, it's in the Daily Record, must be trueblink.gif

Nae bother, move on guys nowt to see herecool.gif

Yorkston told Record Sport last night: “I’ve been chairman for 12 years and we’ve always had financial difficulties in that time. There’s nothing new, except a few changes on the board. The changes have probably sparked these rumours.

What an absolute nugget, he caused all the problems.

TWAT.

You praeyers must've worked GordieBoy, woke upo this morning and I'd lost a yellow card.

Thank the lord!3416452165a6888549327ml.jpg

I think it's more to do with the double bluff you offered, if you challenge Brian to yellow card you then he usually doesn't because of his ego.

Yorkston told Record Sport last night: “I’ve been chairman for 12 years and we’ve always had financial difficulties in that time. There’s nothing new, except a few changes on the board. The changes have probably sparked these rumours.

What an absolute nugget, he caused all the problems.

TWAT.

In fairness, the club had quite a bit of debt when Roy Woodrow was the chair, and was not helped by the stadium reconstruction that had to take place just before Yorkston became chairman.

But, clearly, decisions of the present board in the early 2000s certainly have been hazardous to the club.

What I like about that article most, is that he refers to Dunfermline as "we" which I haven't seen him doing yet. Also, he says "If we miss out then we will not have a lot of work to do the following year because we will get better" - showing a bit of commitment and intention of staying on next season.

Yes, Dunfermline did indeed beat Brechin 8-0 on that day in 1972, having led 6-0 at half time. I was there, but I don't recall (although the programme is somewhere) whether Jim Leishman was playing.

Never having seen the Pars rattle up a score like that before, I got greedy and wasn't chuffed there wee only 2 goals in the second half. So the tale below may well not be aporcryphal... :-)

If you're going to use fancy words try to get them right.