Walking Down The Halbeath Road

With Geggan (I think?) being the only central midfielder sign up for next season, it would be strange to let Falkingham go, as it looks like Byrne and McCabe won't be staying.

The Falkingham and Geggan partnership worked wonders for large parts of the season, I really hope Josh stays.

Hows Brad McKay been for you lot?

Seems a general consensus we'll allow him to leave in the Summer if he can find a new club

Did a job when we needed it.

Always going to be a big drop down from mcausland (and Fordyce before) but comfortably the worst CH we've played this year and I can't see him getting regular football outside of this league, I wouldn't want him back next year.

Hows Brad McKay been for you lot?

Seems a general consensus we'll allow him to leave in the Summer if he can find a new club

did ok given he was playing right centre back when I understand he prefers playing left centre back. Seemed St Johnstone wanted him to get game time with him still being in their plans, will be interesting to see what happens with him

Can be quite a bombscare at times, making schoolboy mistakes (that goal he gave away against Albion was horrific). Apart from that though he's done alight and grabbed a couple of goals. With BRE, Fordyce and Martin all signed up next season, I don't think we need McKay tbh. 

Big BRE was seen as the raw, loose cannon but he ended up acting as Brad's babysitter, trying to keep him calm. Chipped in with goals and is a big athletic lad - wouldn't be against us signing him but don't think he'd be happy to move somewhere to warm the bench again and if Fordyce and BRE are fit there are not many defenders in our price-range who would get a game ahead of either.

Pretty much what I expected to hear tbh, shame as hes a big quick lad who can ping the ball about, just something missing mentally though

Rooney and McKay are similar. Both look the part and can physically do the job but lack the basic calm composed defending needed.

I don't know if they will ever learn the basics but Rooney was caught wrong side of his man away to St Mirren but never learned and cost us a few goals.

The goal McKay gave away against Albion was crazy, Keddie-esque!

Pretty much what I expected to hear tbh, shame as hes a big quick lad who can ping the ball about, just something missing mentally though

If he could calm himself down he'd be an excellent player.

He might suit a defensive midfield role better tbh, seems to see himself as a Mats Hummels sort of player.

He's been alright, fair too tempramental, gets wound up very easily, pretty easy to drag him out of position too, I think he needs to drop down to a team like Brechin for a season or two, playing next to a very experienced centre-half would do him wonders as he has far too much tendency to do something stupid instead of playing it safe.

Have to hope Fordyce can recapture his form and fitness. He has from now until end of August to prove he's worth a long-term deal and he looks a long way off being in any sort of shape to be playing in the first team. Sounds like the second operation was a success though so fingers crossed he can get back to where he was.