Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just for the record, that's not what I've thought of him, that's how his performances have come across on the match threads on here. Nobody's ever mentioned him having a terrible game, but when he's not had a great game it's been down to the fact he just didn't do anything too spectacular.

As I said, I'm very happy with him resigning.

He reminds me of Forbes a bit. A great player but maybe lacking confidence to produce it every week.

People misunderstand these players and label them as lazy. Apart from Moffat he keeps the ball better than most and has a great delivery.

Happy he has signed up and reckon we need more players with his experience.

Byrne is probably surplus to requirements now. Three players are ahead of him. Hopkirk signing on for another 2 years to mostly warm the bench. If we're able to keep Cardle and Paton or get players as good as them if they decide to leave, then I struggle to see how Hopkirk can get game time. He's been decent coming off from bench in games, but any time I've seen him starting he hasn't impressed.

I can't see Cardle leaving, would seem pretty redundant coming back if he wasn't planning to stay.

I'd agree with that, Why would you drop down to League 1 and then leave once we're in a higher league? Unless he gets a top flight gig or someone offers him a lot more money, I think he'll still be at EEP next season.

Happy to see Paton sign up. He was sensational at the start and has plundered a whole heap of assists. He has a different way of playing than Cardle, in that he doesn't really try to beat his man and out pace him. He needs to be scoring more goals though.

For me there were five key players who we needed to keep and i'm glad that Big Ben, Cardle and Murdoch have been signed to new contracts...which just leaves El Bak and Geggan, yet i have my doubts whether either will stay.

Fingers crossed though.