Walking Down The Halbeath Road

According to someone on .net JJ rejected two bids on Monday for 2 of our players. It's apparently in today's press...? I can't get DP as I don't live in the area so if anyone knows anymore details from reading the article it'd be appreciated as I'm a little surprised if we rejected two monetary offers....

Well it depends what they offered. What if they only offered £1000? Are we really going to sell our best players for derisory offers such as that? They are worth far more than that in terms of overall worth if they can get us into the play-offs at the end of the season. JJ stated the offers weren't even worth bothering about, so I will assume the clubs that submitted a bid probably did value our players at a ridiculously low price and were trying to steal them on the cheap - it's vultures trying to take advantage of our current situation. Look at the sale of McCarthy and how it benefitted Hamilton, any player we sell on in the future should be sold with a sell on clause like we did with Bamba. I can guarantee the offers that were submitted contained nothing of the sort.

Morris is like Bamba Mk2. All action and just much bigger, faster and stronger than most opponents. Maybe not quite got McCathie/Baresi levels of cool dependability yet but he's clearly a rough diamond and the most likely to get us a few quid in transfer money. Plenty of opponents' bruised bodies and egos already this season bear testament to the fact that he's a fearsome opponent and a good boy to have in our team of kids, midgets and beanpoles.

Hopefully players such as Falkingham and Morris; Smith and Byrne etc, get given 2/3 year deals at some point soon (assuming it's financially possible) as they can all talk to other teams from January. I'm positive they're all happy to stay at Dunfermline but if a Championship or even a lowered end Premiership team came in for them on a PCA then they'd possibly go with us only getting a small development fee.

Thanks for more info, Islay: if JJ says the offers were that poor then it is, as you say, not worth selling. I presumed bids would have been higher but as I hadn't read the article I didn't know they were that derisory. JJ's instant rejection of the bids now makes more sense. Cheers again.

If the offers were acceptable then JJ would not have been able to reject them. That tells you how shite the bids were.

Aye that's my thinking too. If the bids were of any kind of acceptable standard, and that probably includes being a bit under the value, then surely the deal would have been done very quickly.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/page/YouthNews/0,,10288~3449513,00.html

Well done boys, keep up the hard work!

Hopefully this is our youth system just coming to fruition and we start seeing even more quality youngsters being produced and forcing their way into the first team! :)

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, almost none of the younger players in our team forced their way in to it. They were played out of necessity.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, almost none of the younger players in our team forced their way in to it. They were played out of necessity.

The bare necessities never did Disney any harm, and they grew to be top of their game.

Didn't want to say anything until we were officially in control but I've been offered the position of chairman.

Well, this embarrassing, what they meant is that it's now your job to wipe the pigeon shit off the seats in the east stand.

The bare necessities never did Disney any harm, and they grew to be top of their game.

Aye I'm all for it. Hopefully will prove to be a good thing for the club.

Looking forward to Pars visiting The Glebe next week, been a while.. Days of John Watson and co I d think. Hopefully be a decent game with a few goals..what like a travelling support can we expect ?

I'd imagine around 300 or so. I'll be there. Really looking forward to it.

I literally walked down The Halbeath road the other day and went right into the side entrance of East End Park. What a quality stadium. Congratulations to all of you.

It might be a nice stadium with good facilities, but ultimately it's a boring, soulless legoland in which to watch football the majority of the time.

Looking forward to Pars visiting The Glebe next week, been a while.. Days of John Watson and co I d think. Hopefully be a decent game with a few goals..what like a travelling support can we expect ?

A visit to Glebe Park makes getting relegated a far less painful proposition - cracking stadium. The place won't be bursting at the seams but maybe 800 or so Pars?

http://www.dafc.co.uk/page/YouthNews/0,,10288~3449513,00.html

Well done boys, keep up the hard work!

Hopefully this is our youth system just coming to fruition and we start seeing even more quality youngsters being produced and forcing their way into the first team! :)

Good to see sarcasm is alive and well in the new regime. Explain to us again SFA what's wrong with our young players?

It might be a nice stadium with good facilities, but ultimately it's a boring, soulless legoland in which to watch football the majority of the time.

What we really need now is a pic of Gavin Masterton failing where this enterprising Hibbee triumphed. Wee Kim Jong Il forgetting his PIN in front of the media was a great image of the whole admin fiasco.

What we really need now is a pic of Gavin Masterton failing where this enterprising Hibbee triumphed. Wee Kim Jong Il forgetting his PIN in front of the media was a great image of the whole admin fiasco.

:lol:

I had completely forgotten about that incident. Brilliant stuff. We need to make more of it.