Walking Down The Halbeath Road

See the article on COWS about this story....the part where it mentions month to month contracts but that's ended now as of Saturday and the players staying will be signing on till the end of the season. It may just be me, but the way it is worded makes it sound like some more players may be leaving. Is it just me that feels like that or is that how others have interpreted it too? If indeed more players will be leaving, who do you think will sadly have to leave EEP? Hmmmmm.....

See the article on COWS about this story....the part where it mentions month to month contracts but that's ended now as of Saturday and the players staying will be signing on till the end of the season. It may just be me, but the way it is worded makes it sound like some more players may be leaving. Is it just me that feels like that or is that how others have interpreted it too? If indeed more players will be leaving, who do you think will sadly have to leave EEP? Hmmmmm.....

You're reading between the lines, mate.

JJ says we've not been able to scout Stranraer as travel costs don't allow it. As the old saying goes, fail to prepare and prepare to fail, unless you have Allan Smith in your team.

If we can't afford it, then tough. It's all part of living within our means & I'm sure there are other clubs in the same boat. JJ is already using his contacts to gather info on upcoming opponents for free if it's at all possible to do so.

Edited by da_no_1

Going to be a nervy next couple of days with the transfer window in England not closing until Monday night. Hopefully we can hold on to Alan Smith, but with EPL clubs circling, it will be tough. We could use the money as well.

Lads, whilst for most it's a seller's market, at this stage of the transfer window and in our situation, we be crazy to turn down the £1.5M that was mooted previously. If we had more time we could play clubs off each other to get the price higher (and indeed we could probably start at around £2M), but we simply can't refuse this sort of cash.

"Who needs Van Persie when we've got Alan Smith!"

I suppose the tumbleweed will be blowing through here for a couple of weeks now and although it's still early in the season, looking at the league table and being the 'best of the rest' so far has to be a confidence booster to the squad.

More minutes (and another goal) for Allan Smith in the U20s v Glenrothes juniors should mean that we start the next part of the campaign with the young goal machine fully fit. I'm no statto but his goals to minutes ratio must be pretty decent.

Two consecutive victories from burying teams late on should give the boys confidence that if they keep going they have the fitness to grind out points.

We must also be approaching the time when BDO hand over control to the new owners so it will be interesting to find out who comes out of the shadows and emerges as the new figureheads of the club.

I suppose the tumbleweed will be blowing through here for a couple of weeks now and although it's still early in the season, looking at the league table and being the 'best of the rest' so far has to be a confidence booster to the squad.

More minutes (and another goal) for Allan Smith in the U20s v Glenrothes juniors should mean that we start the next part of the campaign with the young goal machine fully fit. I'm no statto but his goals to minutes ratio must be pretty decent.

Two consecutive victories from burying teams late on should give the boys confidence that if they keep going they have the fitness to grind out points.

We must also be approaching the time when BDO hand over control to the new owners so it will be interesting to find out who comes out of the shadows and emerges as the new figureheads of the club.

64qyrX2.jpg

According to someone on .net JJ rejected two bids on Monday for 2 of our players. It's apparently in today's press...? I can't get DP as I don't live in the area so if anyone knows anymore details from reading the article it'd be appreciated as I'm a little surprised if we rejected two monetary offers....