Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Statement released on OS stating,

- The supporters have raised £110,000 (Says £114,000 on BuyThePars currently, yet i will go with the OS figures for now, so we're £10,000 over initial aim).

- The patrons have raised £330,000 (£70,000 under initial aim).

- Currently sold just under 1400 season tickets, need another 300 odd to reach minimum target of 1700 season ticket holders for this season.

I have no doubt that we'll reach the aim of 1700 season ticket holders, in all honesty we should be looking to hit the 2000 mark.

See we've been given under 800 tickets for east fife, I know they don't have a big capacity but I was expecting more than that. I'm working anyway but I'd be shocked if they sell 1000 tickets(allowing for segregation). Also wonder why they've waited til 10 days before the match to announce it and only give a week to buy tickets. Waiting on CVA announcement? Even so could have the tickets ready to sell.

Edited by parsforlife

It's a bloody joke to say the least. Dunfermline season ticket holders are being given first dibs on the tickets, however, there are fewer tickets allocated than there are season ticket holders. Looks like there will be no tickets left to go on general sale.

They have a guy who was playing amatuer last season playing for them, dont think they have as much money as they would have everyone think. He was good at that level but I dont think he has the ability to be pro.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

outwith the stadium i`m led to believe our debt is in the 5 figure bracket now.where are you getting £1m+to reaquire the stadium?

still dont get why this cva agreement is a good thing for us.as i said previously,unless we get them in a cup they have no impact on us for at least a season if not longer.

Pretty sure The stadium company bought it for £1.1m largely funded by John Sim. We have only been paying interest on this so assume the purchase price would remain similar.

2nd para :lol: Who'd a think it, we're benefiting from the cva already. That tie could be a cracker given it may be at least a season before another one and for the first time in 25 years we go in as the big team!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Pretty sure The stadium company bought it for £1.1m largely funded by John Sim. We have only been paying interest on this so assume the purchase price would remain similar.

2nd para :lol: Who'd a think it, we're benefiting from the cva already. That tie could be a cracker given it may be at least a season before another one and for the first time in 25 years we go in as the big team!

We'll still have bigger crowds than you even in a lower league :)

Statement released on OS stating,

- The supporters have raised £110,000 (Says £114,000 on BuyThePars currently, yet i will go with the OS figures for now, so we're £10,000 over initial aim).

- The patrons have raised £330,000 (£70,000 under initial aim).

- Currently sold just under 1400 season tickets, need another 300 odd to reach minimum target of 1700 season ticket holders for this season.

I have no doubt that we'll reach the aim of 1700 season ticket holders, in all honesty we should be looking to hit the 2000 mark.

So, going by reports http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23494323

The 500k will be used to pay off redundant staff (80k), the admins (120k) & football debts (thought not to exceed 170k). EEP Ltd will be entitled to any residual, over & above.
But they've only raised £440K, so are getting EE for £70k. Utterly despicable.

The 500k will be used to pay off redundant staff (80k), the admins (120k) & football debts (thought not to exceed 170k). EEP Ltd will be entitled to any residual, over & above.

I agree, if KPMG are willing to accept £70k for EEP then they are not protecting their creditors. I can't believe that would be the best bid on the table!

Nope, the ground will be funded separately. The £440k raised is solely for the club not EEP.

ejvNhxp.jpg

I'm sure there's a poem, about a Labour Provost stiffing the taxpayer, in there. But I'll save my breath, & money, on it going public.

It'll probably blow over by the time the Fife holidays are finished. I hear they've been shortened this year.

See we've been given under 800 tickets for east fife, I know they don't have a big capacity but I was expecting more than that. I'm working anyway but I'd be shocked if they sell 1000 tickets(allowing for segregation). Also wonder why they've waited til 10 days before the match to announce it and only give a week to buy tickets. Waiting on CVA announcement? Even so could have the tickets ready to sell.

When they played us 5 years ago in the second division they shifted well over a thousand tickets i believe - we were only given an allocation of about 500.

It's their ground. It's up to them how many tickets they want to give us. Personally I think there will be a large East Fife crowd. It's the first game of the season and it's a sort of local derby.

It's a bloody joke to say the least. Dunfermline season ticket holders are being given first dibs on the tickets, however, there are fewer tickets allocated than there are season ticket holders. Looks like there will be no tickets left to go on general sale.

You sound like a tit. What a horrible 'billy big time' attitude you've got. Wake the f**k up. We're a 2nd division club. We're not some sort of footballing giant.

We'll still have bigger crowds than you even in a lower league :)

See above. Also who the f**k cares.

I agree, if KPMG are willing to accept £70k for EEP then they are not protecting their creditors. I can't believe that would be the best bid on the table!

Aye that's right, KPMG have for some unfathomable reason decided to NOT do their job efficiently and have acted against the creditors. A common practice in that sort of business I'm sure.

Whilst I'm ranting, I thought I'd chuck out a warning of sorts.

I think that at first we'll have decent enough crowds. But if anyone thinks we'll sustain them throughout the season, they are deluding themselves. I also think the current wave of positivity will recede at some point. I really hope it doesn't, but sadly it's inevitable I think. When we're getting beat at home to Ayr or somone in a few months, some fans will be back to their old moaning, negative ways. Just how close we were to death won't be on thier minds as they boo and berate. Fans need to be patient. We could spend a couple of seasons down here, minimum. Some people seem to forget that fans were right on the players' backs when we were 0-1 down at East End to Forfar, yet the 'official line' seems to be that the support was brilliant for this game. It certainly picked up, but only after we'd scored.

Also whilst the club has been saved, there's still so much to do. The club has not been a 'community club' for many years despite what folk say. The club MUST fix this, and more vitaly, repair relations with the fans. The marketing side of the club is pretty much non-existant. They need to sort that to maximise that revenue stream. Legends is still a pathetic, pretentious shit hole. That needs to be sorted. The stewarding is still an issue. This is a great chance for a fresh start. I just hope that the folk who will be running the club realise this and make the most of the opportunity.

I know this sounds like an angry and negative rant, but I see it more as common sense. It's not like I'll be at games standing furiously, red faced and about to burst a blood vessel. I'll be having a laugh and getting behind the team.

Aye that's right, KPMG have for some unfathomable reason decided to NOT do their job efficiently and have acted against the creditors. A common practice in that sort of business I'm sure.

Chill DA ya crazyfool!

I said if...

I believe, and I'm sure KPMG do too, that their best chance of a return in the EEP administration is for the ground to be used by DAFC. All I'm saying is that it shouldn't be a given and DAFC's offer should be the best on the table.

As has been confirmed above the £70k residual is not the offer, this will be separate. I imagine it will involve some form of long term lease arrangement rather than an upfront purchase.

Time will tell of course, our away tie in the second round of the Ramsdens could still be at Starks Park ;) .