Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Interested to know from Pars fans if there has been any shift in feeling towards Masterton? Obviously he was the main player with regard to you going into admin but it seems his abstention played a huge part in the cva approval.

Is he still public enemy no 1?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I won't forgive him for the mess he got the club into but as he's an irrelevance now it's time to move on.

I assume you know next to f**k all about the Rovers finances and have just made that up. We are nowhere near being out of debt.

Then you assume wrongly. We don't own the ground, but in terms of creditors we're almost clear.

It's also clear that you know f**k all about your own team.

Lol at this being the easy way out. You been living in a cave for the last 6 months?

6 months compared to how many years of ridiculous financial management? (with Scottish Cup finals, SPL football and European football) It is most certainly the easy way out. The alternative was having no Dunfermline at all. Whilst I dont doubt that there are hard times ahead for Dunfermline, I really dont see how anyone can see it as anything other than the easy option.

There are many other clubs who have had to cut back drastically in order to pay debts and try and right wrongs they have made - or who simply dont have a lot of money and only spend what they can afford. It dosent send the right message out to these clubs, we'd all be as well going into administration and paying next to nothing back so we can start again. That is now 3 clubs in 3 years who have done exactly that (Hearts could well be another)

I have no doubt that the past 6 months have been difficult for the club and their fans, but in the grand scheme of things, Dunfermline and their fans are not the losers out of this.

Edited by CALDERON

I really don't know what you want out of this thread?

The vast majority of Pars fans acknowledge that recent events have not cast a great light over our club. I am certainly not proud of the way those in charge have shat on so many people from a great height.

It's more a sense of relief that we have a club in some form to support. I've supported the Pars for 27 years & the last few months have been horrendous.

By the way, I think there are quite a few Pars fans who have lost tens, if not hundreds of thousands of pounds out of this CVA.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

My point is the mess we're in is as much the ordinary punters fault at Starks as it was at East end. Today a bunch of football fans dug deep to save their club and that pleases me. The way the business was run is disgusting but I don't feel we have the right to throw stones from our glass house.

I can remember when we thought we were Billy Big time in the mid to late nineties. Had we not been relegated the season before the Spl started I dread to think the financial mess we wouldve got ourselves into such was our cavalier approach to finance at that time.

We're still paying for it now!

not been critical of the fans.i`m pleased for the fans for the time and effort in raising cash and seeing their hard work pay dividends but critical of the way the club was run,continually running up debt and no means to pay and using the escape route of administration and a CVA whilst other clubs including our own took the other route in cutting back to the bare bones in an attempt to pay debts and stave off administrattion.its not a case of throwing stones at glases houses and well aware of our situation in the mid to late nineties.at least we have or are trying to face up to our responsibilities

yes were still paying for it now and will for a few years because were trying to pay our way out of financial situation by facing our responsibility

Then you assume wrongly. We don't own the ground, but in terms of creditors we're almost clear.

this

yes we have creditors but the list has been reduced dramatically

Edited by Rovers_Lad

I really don't know what you want out of this thread?

The vast majority of Pars fans acknowledge that recent events have not cast a great light over our club. I am certainly not proud of the way those in charge have shat on so many people from a great height.

It's more a sense of relief that we have a club in some form to support. I've supported the Pars for 27 years & the last few months have been horrendous.

By the way, I think there are quite a few Pars fans who have lost tens, if not hundreds of thousands of pounds out of this CVA.

Dont doubt any of that for a second.

My point was that this outcome is the "easiest" for the Pars, which it was. Seeing as the alternative would be having no club to support.

Dont doubt any of that for a second.

My point was that this outcome is the "easiest" for the Pars, which it was. Seeing as the alternative would be having no club to support.

If the alternative was having no club, surely any other outcome would have been "easy"......

Lol at this being the easy way out. You been living in a cave for the last 6 months?

I think Calderon is meaning the end result. Badly managed, run up huge debts whilst shafting loads = you've been bad now start again with no debt.

Bryan Jackson is a genius, just wish we (Airdrieonians) had appointed him instead of KPMG and Blair Nimmo.

Anyway, good luck and don't do it again like real bad guy's at Livingston and Dundee!

Define "almost"? As far as I'm aware it's still a substantial 6 figure sum. Take into account the £1m+ to reaquire the stadium I would argue that our finances, whilst stable, are still very critical.

Anyway, we stray off topic. My opinion is that the agreement of the CVA yesterday was a good thing for Dunfermline fans and football in Fife. Others choose to be more tribal and appear bitter but, in the bigger picture, a strong Dunfermline is a good thing for us.

Anyway, we stray off topic. My opinion is that the agreement of the CVA yesterday was a good thing for Dunfermline fans and football in Fife. Others choose to be more tribal and appear bitter but, in the bigger picture, a strong Dunfermline is a good thing for us.

Correct, we may not like them but we need them.

Define "almost"? As far as I'm aware it's still a substantial 6 figure sum. Take into account the £1m+ to reaquire the stadium I would argue that our finances, whilst stable, are still very critical.

outwith the stadium i`m led to believe our debt is in the 5 figure bracket now.where are you getting £1m+to reaquire the stadium?

still dont get why this cva agreement is a good thing for us.as i said previously,unless we get them in a cup they have no impact on us for at least a season if not longer.

Bryan Jackson is a genius, just wish we (Airdrieonians) had appointed him instead of KPMG and Blair Nimmo.

It seems that it was good detective work by the administrators to show that DAFC owed EEP Ltd a fortune in unpaid rent, to the extent that the bank dwarfed Masterton as a creditor. Masterton had always maintained we were not having to pay rent to EEP.

Myself and other Pars posted here a wee while back that 'our' administrator appeared to be really letting us plan ahead for the new season. He must have known the game was up for Masterton - can't begin to imagine how angry wee Gav must have been when Jackson told him that there was no point in him bothering about the CVA as he was outnumbered.

I'm still shocked - in a good way I think - that we are now a simple skint Fife football club with our own stadium, a new season to look forward to against lots of new faces and have some genuinely decent folk at the helm.

still dont get why this cva agreement is a good thing for us.as i said previously,unless we get them in a cup they have no impact on us for at least a season if not longer.

If there was no CVA we'd have been gone forever. Cowden v Pars is surely good for the Central Park coffers and that 4-2 win must have been pretty satisfying for Cowden.

The fact we still harp on about Martin Hardie beating you 2-1 shows that games between us mean something. Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

In contrast to how I felt yesterday I'm now feeling extremely positive for the future.

And why this is good for rovers if we won't play them for at least a season? You can't be so short term, this may not change anything for you this year, but over say the next 20 years we will be in the same division very often, derbies are good for football.

Here's our new away kit. Think it's pretty #dece Not sure about red numbering, however. Think we'll only use it for matches against Ayr and possibly East Fife.

2dt6a39.jpg

In contrast to how I felt yesterday I'm now feeling extremely positive for the future.

And why this is good for rovers if we won't play them for at least a season? You can't be so short term, this may not change anything for you this year, but over say the next 20 years we will be in the same division very often, derbies are good for football.

supposition ;)

whos to say either clubs will be here next season never mind in twenty years from now.besides twenty years from now is nae good to me as theres a fair chance i`ll no be here :lol:

Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer.

too true

anyway good luck

If there was no CVA we'd have been gone forever. Cowden v Pars is surely good for the Central Park coffers and that 4-2 win must have been pretty satisfying for Cowden

Yes it was and probably won't happen again but like you say if you had disappeared it certainly wouldn't .

At least you have your own stadium, a decent squad who should do well this season and if they can be kept together something to look forward to.

If you can keep folk turning up on Saturdays the future looks good or Dunfermline.