Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Also saw that our "youth teams" (must be under 17's if not lower?!) are playing at Warout Stadium in Glenrothes. I will try and check that out since it's only ten minute walk from my parents house.

Beast imo.

Edited by Grant228

Losing East End would be bad in terms of the revenue that it generates (i.e. it would be more than if we groundshared, not to mention the cash from the functions suites, executive boxes and Legends), but I would not miss it. It's just not the same stadium that it was (obviously). What I mean is that it's pretty interchangeable with many others like it, and it's far too big anyway. I don't plan on going to many home this season anyway, although I plan on going to all the away games except for 2.

P.S. I think Aberdeen Cowden is talking shite, as he has throughout our whole administration.

Edited by DA Baracus

Losing East End would be bad in terms of the revenue that it generates (i.e. it would be more than if we groundshared, not to mention the cash from the functions suites, executive boxes and Legends), but I would not miss it. It's just not the same stadium that it was (obviously). What I mean is that it's pretty interchangeable with many others like it, and it's far too big anyway. I don't plan on going to many home this season anyway, although I plan on going to all the away games except for 2.

P.S. I think Aberdeen Cowden is talking shite, as he has throughout our whole administration.

Wrong. I did state that I did not know if there was any substance to what I was told yesterday. I think you will find that I have been generally supportive of Dunfermline. Not pleased about what they did to Cowden but certainly would not want to see them folding.

If that is talking shite fair enough.

Wrong. I did state that I did not know if there was any substance to what I was told yesterday. I think you will find that I have been generally supportive of Dunfermline. Not pleased about what they did to Cowden but certainly would not want to see them folding.

If that is talking shite fair enough.

Aye aye; you're in the know, have inside contacts etc.

Edited by DA Baracus

http://www.dafc.co.uk/articles/20130707/pre-season-update_2208031_3229951

Striker on trial who was released by Dundee U20's. He'd preferably like another GK, winger, striker and CB. Most of them, if not all, will be on loan with the basis that they'd be playing regularly. Blair Henderson has left the Club due to not accepting the contract offer on the table to him but if/when he signs with another team then we'll get compensation for him.

dafcburty wrote:

http://www.dafc.co.u...2208031_3229951

Striker on trial who was released by Dundee U20's. He'd preferably like another GK, winger, striker and CB. Most of them, if not all, will be on loan with the basis that they'd be playing regularly. Blair Henderson has left the Club due to not accepting the contract offer on the table to him but if/when he signs with another team then we'll get compensation for him.

Would have liked Henderson to stay but we couldn't really do much more in our situation.

The greedy side of me would like to add another player, preferably a 2nd winger to Jeffries wish list but I know that we would be doing well to get his list as it is. I don't think a 3rd keeper is too important, we would be very unfortunate to have both out at the same time, and if one gets injured we would probably be able to get someone on an emergency loan.

Edited by parsforlife

Blair Henderson has left the Club due to not accepting the contract offer on the table to him but if/when he signs with another team then we'll get compensation for him.

This might not be correct, though, as you have to offer a contract on the same, or better, terms. If he was offered less money, or a shorter length contract, compensation wouldn't be payable.

Isn't compensation due though to anyone who has came through your own youth system? If so, then we'd still get money for him. If it is purely on contract length/monetary amount alone, then you may be correct. I was only saying what JJ had stated in the article.

I can't even tell you how low a third keeper is on our list of priorities.

Judging by JJ's comments there it sounds like Potter has hung up his boots? Wasn't even mentioned when talking about central defenders. Probably the best for all concerned tbh. Let him help bring through the youths and continue his excellent coaching work from last season.

I was at that Pars under 20 match with Dundee. The lad Buchan was extremely impressive and I'd happily take him if we're in a position to offer a deal although if Huddersfield want him then it's a no-brainer for the guy. Disappointed Henderson's decided to move on as what I've seen of him has been impressive and he puts himself about well but that's his choice.

Potter and Dargo should stick to coaching, they have nothing left to offer as players.

I think dargo still has enough about him to be good enough at this level, potter I wouldn't want to be considered week to week but I'd hope he would keep his hand in to be used in absolute emergencies.