Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Outrageous when a club gets fined for playing a "weakened" team. Pretty insulting to the guys who do play I'd have thought.

The SFL probably wouldn't have noticed if it wasn't for Jocky Scott's "f**k it" attitude.

I think it was the fact it was the first game of this new tournament aimed at giving diddy teams the chance to win something and we clearly had no interest in it and just wanted to concentrate on getting back to the Premier League that narked the authorities.

Hadn't realised Macnamara had debuted under Jocky Scott. Always thought of him as a Bert Paton prodigy.

What would constitute a weakened team for us these days? Playing the under 7s?

I think it was the fact it was the first game of this new tournament aimed at giving diddy teams the chance to win something and we clearly had no interest in it and just wanted to concentrate on getting back to the Premier League that narked the authorities.

It wasn't new, it was the 3rd season of it (so in it's infancy rather than new). It was supposed to be a one-off cup in 1990/91 to celebrate the centenery(sp) of the SFL but the crowd figures were artificially increased because of a semi-final between Kilmarnock and Dundee (I think) attracting a good crowd and giving the misconception that the tournament was popular.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Edited by GordieBoy80

It wasn't new, it was the 3rd season of it (so in it's infancy rather than new). It was supposed to be a one-off cup in 1990/91 to celebrate the centenery(sp) of the SFL but the crowd figures were artificially increased because of a semi-final between Kilmarnock and Dundee (I think) attracting a good crowd and giving the misconception that the tournament was popular. Sent from my HTC Desire using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Was it? New to us then after our relegation. Jocky clearly wasn't up for the cup anyway!

Was it? New to us then after our relegation. Jocky clearly wasn't up for the cup anyway!

No he certainly wasn't ! Even after him Bert Paton used to try experimental teams such as resting Norrie and giving Paul Fenwick a game. The authorities never really noticed due to us being knocked out at Falkirk in 93 (which was expected), then making it to a couple of semis

No he certainly wasn't ! Even after him Bert Paton used to try experimental teams such as resting Norrie and giving Paul Fenwick a game. The authorities never really noticed due to us being knocked out at Falkirk in 93 (which was expected), then making it to a couple of semis

Now we can happily get knocked out and just blame it on being pish/skint!

First read of .net in a while. Still a disaster zone I see.

Thing that has amazed me is reading about the new DAFC Onesies. £43! I would never buy one anyway but is the normal price for these things?!

I don't think so. I think they're usually about 1/4 of the price being asked for(at least).

EDIT TO ADD: It just shows that the hard of thinking have nothing relevant to talk about and have to resort to bad mouthing the best poster dot net has ever had (looks like sucking up, but it's not really that much of an achievement given the fuckwits and simpletons that post on there) and having a pop at the one poster who warned us about Masterton's intentions months ago.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Great news, obviously need to see what happens in a couple of weeks with the CVA, but this should make people more confident with buying season tickets and contributing to buy the pars.

Should help on the playing side as well, Jeffries should be happy to stay now I'd think, and players may be more likely to sign.

Great news, delighted. I was sure Pars United would be named as the preferred bidder, but great to have it confirmed.

Still a long, long way to go though - we've still got to get the CVA through.

I haven't been following this too closely, but is it effectively Masterton who is the major creditor of Dunfermline? If so is he likely to be easy to deal with or will there be some animosity there - particularly if he is supposedly linked to the failed other bid?

I haven't been following this too closely, but is it effectively Masterton who is the major creditor of Dunfermline? If so is he likely to be easy to deal with or will there be some animosity there - particularly if he is supposedly linked to the failed other bid?

He effectively is via EEP ltd who we are due ~6m to IIRC and via charlestown holding who are due ~3m but EEP ltd are also in admin so their administrators will have the vote(KPMG) BDO and KPMG have been working closely together so EEP ltd could probably be relied upon, who's debt maybe higher due to unpaid rent.

In summery. Depending on the unpaid rent EEP ltd maybe able to carry the CVA by themselves , or possibly with some of the smaller creditors who will likely be sympathetic(ex-directors etc), but masterton will have a vote that could block the CVA with HMRC probably voting against as well. If his vote is important then I reckon he will vote it through, because he is absolutely skint. Though he may bare a grudge.

Terrific news, the Pars United guys have helped keep the club afloat and as such, i am delighted that they are the preferred bidders.

Just got to hope that we can get a CVA sorted and then we can move forward from that point.

You know, the money from the budget that we'll have? Jeffries has been talking about bringing in players so evidently we do have money.

Calm down man.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app