Walking Down The Halbeath Road

as i stated, you wont need to worry about the game townies, your club wont be alive by then, all the fans pouring money into a bottomless pit, jim leishman asking people not to go on holiday and spend their money on the club when he was sitting in wee jimmies bragging about all the money he has, guys a joke but not gonna lie will have a long chuckle to myself when the pars die.

^ Trying too hard.

How have we treated Dunfermline in a shabby way? I would say it was the other way around after the farce over the ticket money last season. Anyway Pars fans not turning up for the game are cutting their nose off to spite their face as its just less money that their club will get from the share of the gate.

The Challenge Cup is hardly a massive money spinner anyway, and traditionally our crowds in it over the last decade have been pretty poor. I'm fairly sure that Pars fans who elect not to go will contribute to the club in other ways - indeed, the fans have done an incredible amount for the club financially so far.

I'll be going to the game as it's our first competitive game of the season, but I certainly won't decry any fan who doesn't.

It's little more than part of preseason training. Our other games are all at home against far better opposition so they'll be good games for the team's fitness but Cowden is probably a more comparable team to the ones we'll come up against on league business.

It's little more than part of preseason training. Our other games are all at home against far better opposition so they'll be good games for the team's fitness but Cowden is probably a more comparable team to the ones we'll come up against on league business.

Strange some posters on here are so negative about this game (the usual stirrers) I'd agree with you about he comparison. It really is a win/win for both teams and every game the Pars can play is more money to aid their survival.

Strange some posters on here are so negative about this game (the usual stirrers)

Perhaps, the reason some may appear negative towards this meaningless pre-season game is that there's still a very real chance we may be liquidated before it is due to take place. The only thing I am concerned with just now is whether we exit administration or not & there's not a great deal of news on that front at present.

Perhaps, the reason some may appear negative towards this meaningless pre-season game is that there's still a very real chance we may be liquidated before it is due to take place. The only thing I am concerned with just now is whether we exit administration or not & there's not a great deal of news on that front at present.

There's basically sod all to talk about right now! Can't sign anyone, no new strip to argue about, no certainty of even making it to the start of the season. Having played Cowden four times last year too there's not even any novelty factor to the game.

There's basically sod all to talk about right now! Can't sign anyone, no new strip to argue about, no certainty of even making it to the start of the season. Having played Cowden four times last year too there's not even any novelty factor to the game.

There will be money going to Dunfermline from the game, Surely every penny counts or is it too late?

We got fined in our first ever B&Q cup game for playing a weakened team and that pretty much set the tone for our take on the tournament (apart from Stephen Kenny)

Looking back at the Pars line-up I was under the impression it was severely weakened. It's a team that probably should have beaten Arbroath tbh. (positions may be slightly out)

Lindsay Hamilton, Eddie Cunnington, Mark Bowes, Norrie McCathie, Andy Williamson, Jackie McNamara, Scott Leitch, Craig Robertson, Hamish French, Paul Chalmers, Chris Sinclair. Subs used: Norman Kelly, Derek Laing.

Looking back at the Pars line-up I was under the impression it was severely weakened. It's a team that probably should have beaten Arbroath tbh. (positions may be slightly out)

Lindsay Hamilton, Eddie Cunnington, Mark Bowes, Norrie McCathie, Andy Williamson, Jackie McNamara, Scott Leitch, Craig Robertson, Hamish French, Paul Chalmers, Chris Sinclair. Subs used: Norman Kelly, Derek Laing.

You're right - looks like a first team but I think Jocky had maybe 'rested' a few 'stars' and we got a five grand fine. If you're bored enough, check the lineup from prior league lineups - seem to remember this team having had a few changes from league games.

You're right - looks like a first team but I think Jocky had maybe 'rested' a few 'stars' and we got a five grand fine. If you're bored enough, check the lineup from prior league lineups - seem to remember this team having had a few changes from league games.

Yeah, I managed to piece together the line up from Pars database. David Moyes, Neale Cooper, Rab Shannon, Billy Davies were some regulars who were rested. It was also McNamara's senior debut.

As for the Cowden game, I'm going. Will be the first time I'll be back at Central Park since giving up my steward job to work elsewhere.

Edited by GordieBoy80

Yeah, I managed to piece together the line up from Pars database. David Moyes, Neale Cooper, Rab Shannon, Billy Davies were some regulars who were rested. It was also McNamara's senior debut.

Good work fella! I was sure Jocky grumbled about the whole concept of the cup and wanted nothing to do with it.

Good work fella! I was sure Jocky grumbled about the whole concept of the cup and wanted nothing to do with it.

Can't remember too much about it. Vaguely remember that no-one cared that we got pumped.