Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Our squad size in the middle to late 90s is frightening looking back.

Likewise under Jimmy C in the early 00s, had a look at a few match programs that the me and the auld yin have kept from back in that era, squad size on the back cover is absolutely huge right up until Jimmy Mac's first full season even.

Edited by Rob1885

So it appears that there are two interested parties who are willing to purchase the club if we can exit through administration.

Obviously the first one we all know is Pars United, yet does anyone have a clue who the second group are?

To break this down,

- Deadline for potential bidders is Tuesday. However successful bids are needed for both the club and stadium if we're to play at EEP.

- Creditors meeting on Wednesday where a preferred bidder could be named so long as the creditors give the bidder 50% of their vote.

- If that is resolved then we go to the 12th July where the preferred bidder will aim to receive 75% of the support from the creditors for a CVA, which would mean that we would not be liquidated and be on the road to recovery.

On a seperate note, as most people know, we have a friendly arranged against Hearts for Saturday 13th July.

Obviously it is hoped that by the time the match occurs, we'll have agreed a CVA and will finally be provided with the chance to get our house in order and stabilise the club.

However, does anyone think that we should help Hearts out by providing them with some of the gate receipts? Clubs like Partick and Raith offered to help us out when we were in desperate need of cash to just see us through the week and i think it would be a very classy gesture on our part, espcially considering our current situation.

For example, we could offer a deal whereby for every supporter that Hearts brings over a figure of say 1000, that money will go towards their own survival efforts.

I'd say go with a more optimistic figure, like the Rovers did, someyhing which may attract more and benefit both clubs. The main aim of the Rovers gesture was to boost their own coffers, and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe go for anything over 2500.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I'd say go with a more optimistic figure, like the Rovers did, someyhing which may attract more and benefit both clubs. The main aim of the Rovers gesture was to boost their own coffers, and there's nothing wrong with that. Maybe go for anything over 2500.

Glad to see some early support for the idea, yet i think your figures are a bit optimistic.

For the Rovers game it was anything over an away support of 2000, while for the Partick game it was anything over 500.

Considering these were actual league games, requiring Hearts to bring at least 2500 fans for what is simply a friendly game is not that beneficial to them and doesn't seem like much of a gesture from ourselves.

Glad to see some early support for the idea, yet i think your figures are a bit optimistic.

For the Rovers game it was anything over an away support of 2000, while for the Partick game it was anything over 500.

Considering these were actual league games, requiring Hearts to bring at least 2500 fans for what is simply a friendly game is not that beneficial to them and doesn't seem like much of a gesture from ourselves.

Will we haggle?

Get it right. We were about £2.5M in the red by the time we went up under Bertie.

The greatest wee team achievement was not a Bavarian halftime scoreboard; it was hoodwinking lazy Bolton scouts in to thinking that the good right-back in Fife was your one.

Well played - selling shite to Lancashire is like selling premature death to Clackmannanshire.

The real reason though that banks were willing to give such large sums of money was simply that they knew DAFC are the biggest team in Fife.

As shown by us being willing to spend £150K to resign a youth team player that we sent to you as a feeder team and give the kudos to earn the Scotland caps that he would never have earned in gullshite linoland

I love it when the wee team snipe: it's like gummy wingless midges chewing on a oil rig.

That post isn't embarrassing.

Not at all.

"Gummy wingless midges chewing on a oil rig" (sic)

Lay aff the turpentine, neebur!

Seriously? He's some sort of relative to Davie Hay as well, could be another obvious disaster in the wings.

Yeah, he apparently wasn't interested before but now that some sort of arrangement with EEP might be struck he's changed his mind

Edited by GordieBoy80

So the Pars United bid has been deemed as worthy of consideration, yet is not currently acceptable to the administrators and as such, negotiations are to continue within the next couple of weeks to determine a preferred bidder.

Suspicious of the other bidder, although indications seem to point to it being a local man with a credible interest in the club. That wouldn't exactly fit with Massone, espcially since he was happy to go public with his offer for Hearts.

So the Pars United bid has been deemed as worthy of consideration, yet is not currently acceptable to the administrators and as such, negotiations are to continue within the next couple of weeks to determine a preferred bidder.

Suspicious of the other bidder, although indications seem to point to it being a local man with a credible interest in the club. That wouldn't exactly fit with Massone, espcially since he was happy to go public with his offer for Hearts.

It'll be that burd with the chip shop in Livi again.