Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I thought Jefferies was willing to work for free next season? If he's decided to leave then that will be his own choice.

In regards to the U20 set-up, the majority of those currently in the U20s will be promoted to the first team for next season, so i am not seeing the issue here.

I thought Jefferies was willing to work for free next season? If he's decided to leave then that will be his own choice.

In regards to the U20 set-up, the majority of those currently in the U20s will be promoted to the first team for next season, so i am not seeing the issue here.

Do you think your U20 are capable of overcoming a -10 point deficit should your team remain in admin for the start of the new season?

Do you think your U20 are capable of overcoming a -10 point deficit should your team remain in admin for the start of the new season?

I don't have a clue to be honest as i haven't seen the majority of the U20 players in action, plus i have no idea about the standard of the 2nd Division.

For years Dunfermline fans have wanted to see more of our own players coming through the system and now we are going to have a squad full of youngsters.

We just have to hope that they can rise to the challenges facing them next season.

JJ said he'd be leaving if the future wasn't secure I'm fair certain. Didn't want to have to go through the ordeal of telling players their contracts were being ripped up again.

Under 20's getting scrapped would mean we would be struggling to produce to any more players after the current crop. Not good.

Depends what you mean by overcome.

to give rangers a fright ? No chance

To make the play-offs? Probably not

To stay in the 2nd? Probably i don't know, depends on injurys/who stays/ if we sign anyone on loan.

It will be a challange regardless, and that's if we get that far. Like poet says, we just have to hope the young guys can step up to it.

JJ said he'd be leaving if the future wasn't secure I'm fair certain. Didn't want to have to go through the ordeal of telling players their contracts were being ripped up again.

Under 20's getting scrapped would mean we would be struggling to produce to any more players after the current crop. Not good.

If he's leaving because he doesn't want to go through the ordeal of telling players that their contracts are being ripped up then that's a bit strange.

Each summer, all clubs across the country release players and unlike the players who were released when we went into administration who only had a couple of days to find new teams, those players who are released will have all summer to find new clubs.

If it's not financially viable to keep the youth system going right now then it has to be cut. It may seem grim and harsh but that's the position we're in. Once we're on a more stable footing, we can get it going again. Yet for now we need to make cuts to ensure that we have a long-term future.

On the positive side of things, we're going to have a squad full of youngsters next season, which is a lot more youth players than we have produced in the last ten years!

I think he more meant the ripping up contracts. It's tough to release players but that's football. Whole different thing to have to tell young men that their contract is not being honoured, especially when it's through absolutely no fault of their own.

I understand that in our situation we don't have much choice to make massive cuts but I think getting rid of the youth system is a lot worse than going part-time.

Going to have to backtrack a bit here as I've given you duff information (my fault for not listening). The meeting last night was a Trust Meeting NOT held at the Alhambra as I previously stated, I believe this is the venue for tomorrows meeting? Having re-spoken to my source I have been informed Jackson and Leishmen were present at the Trust meeting last night.

I understand finances very well, I was not meaning the millions but the smaller affordable debts to e.g. the taxman, the football clubs etc, that would be the decent thing to do.

It certainly would be the decent thing to do, but being decent isn't the job of the administrator, as harsh as that reality is. It simply won't happen.

Shouldn't be a problem as our loyal support will buy them. Had bigger average crowd than Thistle and you got promoted. You had a couple of decent gates at the end of the season but your supports crap.

Pipe down with your shite cunto. We are in no position to question anyone's support when we had under 3000 against Falkirk the week we went into administration.

Can hardly believe the ongoing hubris with some DAFC fans following on from what's happened.

You are not a big club, AND you may be only weeks away from not being a club!! :wacko:

What really gets to so many fans of other clubs is that the some Pars sound more and more like the Sevco crowd, HEY! yer club was run by cheats,end of, get over it!! :shutup

BTW I genuinely hope you do get back on an even keel and make it back up to the First but, puleees, some of you need to stop whining.

Aside from a couple of fandans on here, who exactly is saying we're a big club etc etc?

Got confirmation from a Pars Trust member that there was a meeting last night at the Alhambra and that Pars fans are to expect bad news. Major cut backs will be in operation ahead of the new season with Jefferies heading out the door along with many first team players. Trust and Jackson also not confident that Dunfermline will be out of admin by the start of next season with the possibility that they won't be able to fulfil all fixtures whilst in the 2nd Division. Rumours from this meeting are that Craig Dargo may be appointed as player/manager.

Not fishing here and from what I'm led to believe this has not been made public knowledge as of yet. Just going by what I was told from a Trust member.

Well that's a massive shock. No one could possibly have seen that one coming.

I also think if we don't come out of admin over the summer, we never will and will be liquidated.

I have also heard that the whole youth set up is being ditched due to not being able to finance it

I think Jeffries said as much in his nonsensical tears based rant on the radio on Sunday.

Going to have to backtrack a bit here as I've given you duff information (my fault for not listening). The meeting last night was a Trust Meeting NOT held at the Alhambra as I previously stated, I believe this is the venue for tomorrows meeting? Having re-spoken to my source I have been informed Jackson and Leishmen were present at the Trust meeting last night.

Aye the meeting is at the Alhambra tomorrow. Also I strongly suspect that your source is

No one.

Aye the meeting is at the Alhambra tomorrow. Also I strongly suspect that your source is

No one.

I'd like to think of myself as a more civil Rovers fan when it comes to Dunfermline that would like to see them get out this mess rather than retort to making up stories on the internet.

Pipe down with your shite cunto. We are in no position to question anyone's support when we had under 3000 against Falkirk the week we went into administration.

f**k off w**k stain. One shite crowd when everyone was freezing their baws off. Don't think you'll make me pipe dpwn either.tosser.

f**k off w**k stain. One shite crowd when everyone was freezing their baws off. Don't think you'll make me pipe dpwn either.tosser.

Pish excuse. We've had games in much colder weather with much higher crowds.

Pipe down.

Raithie's comments have been dismissed as pish on dot net.

So that means they're probably spot on :(

My comments could very well be pish and all will probably be revealed tomorrow. I've had a look at the comments on dot.net and it appears I'm just making it up or talking shite. I'm only advising what I was told by a reputable Trust member that attended said meeting last night.

My comments could very well be pish and all will probably be revealed tomorrow. I've had a look at the comments on dot.net and it appears I'm just making it up or talking shite. I'm only advising what I was told by a reputable Trust member that attended said meeting last night.

Just looking at the grim reality of the situation, I don't think what you suggested is too outlandish.

The fact that season ticket money is being ring-fenced is surely a pointer that the time is nigh for the Administrator to either get something thrashed out or wash his hands of us.