Walking Down The Halbeath Road

ata-cid='7365004' name='Grant228' timestamp='1369052290' post='7365004']

You agree with the "useless, greeting faced, w**k-rag" bit then?

:P

Not even in the slightest, I'd argue every manager in the league is "greeting faced" in the sense that I've yet to see any manager in the world happy clap when things outwith their control do not go there way.
So "not even in the slightest" but I suppose so a wee bit, aye?

:P

A crowd higher than the 3rd best team in the top flight yesterday shows how much the fans have gotten behind the team lately. The atmosphere at games has been really good and people are having fun at games. The players appreciate the support and we appreciate their hard work. I've already got my ST for next season and I just hope I get a chance to use it.

inevitable that fans were going to turn out in decent numbers with the situation the club found themselves in,its keeping these fans thats the problem

Open meeting on Wednesday night to maybe reveal a bit more about progress (or lack of).

Admin or not, the club and ground is still held to ransom by Masterton.

Starting the season in the Second Division could be an achievement, never mind ending it still there.

I'm quite interested in this point. If there is such togetherness between the fans and players, how on earth have you managed to get relegated? It was very much in your hands despite the points deduction. This is a full time squad of players, all they had to do was beat part time Airdrie or Alloa over two legs. They failed. That was a footballing failure, the wage budgets of Dunfermlines players still far exceeded those two sides at kick off of both games.

Indeed the tone of many posts from Pars after your hidings from Forfar, Airdrie and Alloa over recent weeks has been ' getting beat is acceptable, lying down isn't '. Clearly implying a perceived lack of effort from the players. Can their be a bond between fans and players when some fans believe that they aren't trying?

Surely, this is not good enough. Dunfermline fans can bang on about victimisation all they want. They are in admin and had points deducted because you cheated.

However, this is not why you were relegated. The reason you have been relegated has been due to disgraceful on park performances over the last month. Jim Jeffries and the players are to blame for this, no one else. If i was a Par fan i would be absolutely raging at the way the team has bottled it in the closing weeks of the league season and in the subsequent play offs. Togetherness between fans and players? Pass the sick bucket.

Aside from one post on here, this clearly didn't happen.

Would it not be prudent for DAFC to learn from the mistakes of the past, go part time, manage the funds accordingly and do the decent thing and pay of all the debts.

No, it wouldn't. Where would we get however many millions to pay off the debt? That's why we're in administration. And that's why we're applying for a CVA. I don't think you quite grasp how finances work.

Are people seriously believing that if we survive, we will just make the same mistakes all over again?! Seriously?! Those responsible won't be near the club if we survive.

Aside from the pointing & laughing for a moment, I hope you guys get some positive news at these meetings on where your club goes from here & what the future may hold.

Ok back to the pointing & laughing now ;)

Heard the crowd that did "shitty brown shoes", on YouTube, have a new one out.

It's a PARody of the Sevco anthem, called 'We don't do hawking away'.

Edited by kiddy

Aside from one post on here, this clearly didn't happen.

No, it wouldn't. Where would we get however many millions to pay off the debt? That's why we're in administration. And that's why we're applying for a CVA. I don't think you quite grasp how finances work.

Are people seriously believing that if we survive, we will just make the same mistakes all over again?! Seriously?! Those responsible won't be near the club if we survive.

I understand finances very well, I was not meaning the millions but the smaller affordable debts to e.g. the taxman, the football clubs etc, that would be the decent thing to do.

270 quid for a season ticket in the Seaside League. laughing-emoticon-1.gif

Shouldn't be a problem as our loyal support will buy them. Had bigger average crowd than Thistle and you got promoted. You had a couple of decent gates at the end of the season but your supports crap.

270 quid? Jesus Christ.

2nd division might be great fun. The season we won the league was great, going to nice wee grounds and taking a good support, plus winning more often than not. Had some great days out that season.

Problem was that the 3 season before it was turgid keech. That league is fine if you are doing well in it, but it's boring as sun when you are struggling.

Interesting to see how the pars get on.

Shouldn't be a problem as our loyal support will buy them. Had bigger average crowd than Thistle and you got promoted. You had a couple of decent gates at the end of the season but your supports crap.

Despite all the local derbies and the boost the crowds got from administration, you ended up with 100 more.

Edited by Jobber

Since they guys haven't been getting their full wages, the budgets won't be bigger. Never mind the fact that the high earners have all been released.

I haven't seen or heard any Pars fan say the players haven't been trying so that is just complete nonsense.

Seeing as without the points deduction we would have stayed up, it's is clearly the reason we went down. Whether deserved or not, we were relegated because of it, not the performances on the pitch.

A crowd higher than the 3rd best team in the top flight yesterday shows how much the fans have gotten behind the team lately. The atmosphere at games has been really good and people are having fun at games. The players appreciate the support and we appreciate their hard work. I've already got my ST for next season and I just hope I get a chance to use it.

Are you seriously attempting to suggest that Dunfermline's wage bill was less than that of Airdrie on the last game of the season?

You had your chance against us, the worst performing Airdrie team in living memory, unconfident schoolkids and part timers. You blew it.

So £15 per game = £270, or £230 for a ST? So it only represents a saving if you make 16 from 18 games?

To me that isn't enough of a saving. At Hibs it's hovered around 17 or 18 from 19 recently which is one of the reasons I stopped mine.

(I know it's not as bad in SFL because there are fewer/no midweeks and only Rangers games generally get moved for TV).

EDIT: Aye, at Hibs this season walk-ups would've totalled £436 and a ST cost £405.

So you had to make 18 from 19 games to achieve a saving by your ST purchase. And you aren't even guaranteed 19 games at SPL level!!

Edited by HibeeJibee

So £15 per game = £270, or £230 for a ST? So it only represents a saving if you make 16 from 18 games?

To me that isn't enough of a saving. At Hibs it's hovered at 17 or 18 from 19 recently which is one of the reasons I stopped mine.

(I know it's not as bad in SFL because there are fewer/no midweeks and only Rangers games generally get moved for TV).

At Falkirk once you make 13 home games you start to save on the walk up price.