Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Dunfermline have been banned from the Scottish Cup until Hamilton have been repaid in full. Good decision by the SFA I think - it has to look after its member clubs, which means ensuring that Hamilton are paid as quickly as possible. Assuming Dunfermline survive, I'd expect it to be paid up before next season, so I don't think it will actually see you missing out on a place in next year's cup.

Dunfermline have been banned from the Scottish Cup until Hamilton have been repaid in full. Good decision by the SFA I think - it has to look after its member clubs, which means ensuring that Hamilton are paid as quickly as possible. Assuming Dunfermline survive, I'd expect it to be paid up before next season, so I don't think it will actually see you missing out on a place in next year's cup.

I never actually knew that. Missed it somehow.

Seems right though.

Fair enough - not the fans or the players fault, we all know who's fault it is, however, when your caught with the craws, you get shot with the craws. We've committed the crime and now we must do the time. It's a harsh lesson but again, let's take it on the chin.
Is there a way we can try re-pay the loan back on behalf of DAFC? I mean, us participating in next season's SC will be a major boost to our finances, no matter what division we are in. I'm not saying don't continue to fundraise for DAFC, far from it as that is vital, but can we try reach an agreement with Accies over some sort of plan to repay them?

Banned from the Scottish Cup! Hard to bear.

Seems daft that people think we should be paying other clubs money due to them when all our incoming cash is barely keeping us going. Should we divert that elsewhere and risk a chance of survival just so we seem like good guys?

A far better plan is get to a stage where we are viable and stable and then pay the money back. No point in us giving money to other clubs and going bust ourselves. That's what Masterton has caused, the c**t.

Seems daft that people think we should be paying other clubs money due to them when all our incoming cash is barely keeping us going. Should we divert that elsewhere and risk a chance of survival just so we seem like good guys?

A far better plan is get to a stage where we are viable and stable and then pay the money back. No point in us giving money to other clubs and going bust ourselves. That's what Masterton has caused, the c**t.

A very valid point Poet,

I can see the reasons for Cowden & Accies to want their cash now, but now the club is in admin there is no chance of that happening soon, any cash coming in will cover bills, the rest will magically total up to the exact same figure as the administrators fees, so if the fans can raise additional funds to cover these debts then fair play and well done.

However I would extend the ban to the league as well as the cup, IMO you should not be allowed to kick off a new season carrying "football debt" forward from the previous one, in that scenario I would suggest relegation to the bottom division, any debts covered by SFL then withheld from any future prize money untill its fully repaid.

Presumably they'll have to pay within the next couple of months (i.e. by whenever the Preliminary Round draw is).

They'd be due to enter in R3 in late September, but if they failed to pay-up there'd be a 'hole' in the competition, so presumably they'll have to pay by the time the first draw is due?

Presumably they'll have to pay within the next couple of months (i.e. by whenever the Preliminary Round draw is).

They'd be due to enter in R3 in late September, but if they failed to pay-up there'd be a 'hole' in the competition, so presumably they'll have to pay by the time the first draw is due?

Actually don't want us to pay it out of principle, f**k that corrupt organization and everything they stand for

What i really don't get here (excuse me if i have missed it) but what do pars fans expect administration to achieve? In administration the rights of the creditors should be foremost in Jacksons mind. He has to agree a cva with them which means agreeing a cva with Masterton. ONLY IF keeping DAFC as a going concern isrhe most likely way if agreeing a cva should he seek to keep them a going concern. Administration us a business principal enshrined in the companies act. A football club should be no different from any other business but the fans seem to see it otherwise.

Actually don't want us to pay it out of principle, f**k that corrupt organization and everything they stand for

Eh?

That's exceedingly harsh on the club due £££.

What sanction do you think would've been appropriate? A fine?!?! A warning? Perhaps a(nother parallel) transfer embargo?

Edited by HibeeJibee

What principle? I am confused :unsure2:

If we don't actually pay the money we owe Cowden and Accies in the fullness of time then I will be very pissed off. Just now though, we unfortunately have more important matters to concern ourselves with.