Walking Down The Halbeath Road

IF we finish 9th and must partake in the play off matches and secure our place in the play offs final, which BBC Alba usually screen live(both legs), does anyone know if we'd be entitled to any TV money from them for the 2 legs? If so, does anyone have an idea how much, roughly, they pay for these matches? Could be a wee added bonus which'll help us over the close season! (I realise the money, if any, wouldn't be a lot, but even £10-£20k over the 2 matches in TV money, never mind gate receipts, could be pivotal for us!)

Don't think it's T.v money I think it's more selling 6 thousand seats to them.

That would more likely be it. If either of us survive the summer that is...

But, if you do go down, your crowd over a season will drop more than 12k - you will lose all your derbys and high away supports, plus your home support will most likely drop. So being in 2nd will not benefit you any more financially.

IF we finish 9th and must partake in the play off matches and secure our place in the play offs final, which BBC Alba usually screen live(both legs), does anyone know if we'd be entitled to any TV money from them for the 2 legs? If so, does anyone have an idea how much, roughly, they pay for these matches? Could be a wee added bonus which'll help us over the close season! (I realise the money, if any, wouldn't be a lot, but even £10-£20k over the 2 matches in TV money, never mind gate receipts, could be pivotal for us!)

This possibility does stick inmy craw a bit. Nothing against the Pars or their fans at all, but I think Dunfermline (and any team that enters admin and has to do a CVA) should be demoted automatically (ETA: at end of season) - the fact they have been deducted a number of points which gives them the guarantee of not finishing 10th (no way are Airdie going to not finish 10th), it gives them 2 scenarios - the chance to stay in the division (and thus, no real punishment), or the chance to get extra income in potentially 4 playoff games (gates split i think?), and either stay in 1st division (thus, no real punishment AND a hefty financial bonus) or get relegated (but with a financial bonus.)

Not really fair on all the other teams in 1st division and 2nd division who have either lived within their means, cut costs accordingly, or limited their debt to much lower levels than that of Dunfermline. As i say, nothing against the Pars directly, just feel not only have they got off way too lightly, but are getting unfair helping hand against every other club who has lived within their means, and are being given every opportunity to carry on as they were in same league next season, and that just does not sit right with me.

The 15 point deduction does not fit the crime imo.

Edited by OTIG_FTOF

But, if you do go down, your crowd over a season will drop more than 12k - you will lose all your derbys and high away supports, plus your home support will most likely drop. So being in 2nd will not benefit you any more financially.

Say at a conservative estimate we sell 6.6 k seats to Rangers over the season, that's pretty conservative tbf.

This season Raith have brought(if your lucky) 3 thousand, Falkirk have brought similar, if not slightly lower. Unless it's an important game then the derby games are not going to increase. I'm not even sure if our home support will drop, if we're up there challeging for the play-offs it will be at worse similar to what we were getting this season, while also being able to put out a cheaper squad.

I'm not sure if we'll make more money in the second, I'm pretty sure we wouldn't. But it wouldn't be a disaster and a promotion season could be just lovely.

This possibility does stick inmy craw a bit. Nothing against the Pars or their fans at all, but I think Dunfermline (and any team that enters admin and has to do a CVA) should be demoted automatically (ETA: at end of season) - the fact they have been deducted a number of points which gives them the guarantee of not finishing 10th (no way are Airdie going to not finish 10th), it gives them 2 scenarios - the chance to stay in the division (and thus, no real punishment), or the chance to get extra income in potentially 4 playoff games (gates split i think?), and either stay in 1st division (thus, no real punishment AND a hefty financial bonus) or get relegated (but with a financial bonus.)

Not really fair on all the other teams in 1st division and 2nd division who have either lived within their means, cut costs accordingly, or limited their debt to much lower levels than that of Dunfermline. As i say, nothing against the Pars directly, just feel not only have they got off way too lightly, but are getting unfair helping hand against every other club who has lived within their means, and are being given every opportunity to carry on as they were in same league next season, and that just does not sit right with me.

The 15 point deduction does not fit the crime imo.

Too many pals involved in making the decision. Leishman and MacDoog although not directly involved (supposedly) must surely have had some influence as these folk are all "pals" It all stinks.

Hopefully the money would be diverted directly to the creditors

Cowden fans seething. Is this just because we're due you some cash?

just? baw and other foot springs to mind

you should be embarrassed

some of the 20k raised by bucket collections over the last week should see its way to fellow clubs like cowdenbeath and hamilton who you have stolen from

heard the rangers pocketed something like 20k for television revenue this season

Possibly less. There was some stuff in the papers about it in the autumn, when SFL3 clubs were kicking-up a fuss about losing money due to making less from the TV deal than they spent on groundworks to accomodate the TV games.

Under SFL rules, income beyond ~£1.2M is divided:

* SFL1 clubs... 55%

* SFL2 clubs... 33%

* SFL3 clubs... 12%

so under that breakdown your average SFL3 club takes home 1.2%. If the TV deal was £1M p/a that's £12k for that average SFL3 club.

just? baw and other foot springs to mind

you should be embarrassed

some of the 20k raised by bucket collections over the last week should see its way to fellow clubs like cowdenbeath and hamilton who you have stolen from

A Dunfermline fan personally paid Cowdenbeath £500 from his own pocket, 50 fans paid in to a Cowden game this week and another Pars fan on the Pars Alive forum has donated a further £50 because they couldn't make the game midweek.

All the money that makes its way into the buckets is controlled by Bryan Jackson to use as he sees fit.

A Dunfermline fan personally paid Cowdenbeath £500 from his own pocket, 50 fans paid in to a Cowden game this week and another Pars fan on the Pars Alive forum has donated a further £50 because they couldn't make the game midweek.

aware a mystery donater paid cowdenbeath £500 and doff my cap to him and of the 50 fans that attended the cowden game(poor turnout no?)

All the money that makes its way into the buckets is controlled by Bryan Jackson to use as he sees fit

why is this controlled by jackson?i thought bucket collections along with raffles,auctions,concerts,bag packing at asdas was organised and carried out by the ordinary supporters?

are there any donations seeing there way to hamilton or just cowdenbeath?

aware a mystery donater paid cowdenbeath £500 and doff my cap to him and of the 50 fans that attended the cowden game(poor turnout no?)

why is this controlled by jackson?i thought bucket collections along with raffles,auctions,concerts,bag packing at asdas was organised and carried out by the ordinary supporters?

As harsh as it is, the reality is that the administrator will not be looking to give any money over to Cowdenbeath or Hamilton. The administrator's concern is keeping Dunfermline alive, not any other clubs. If Hamilton or Cowdenbeath were to see any money owed to them, it would be much.

I must add that I think it's pretty disgraceful the way my club have ripped off both Cowdenbeath and Hamilton, as well as everyone else they owe money to, and I would dread to think that this would have a big impact on either of those clubs. The SFA and/or SFL should withhold future funds due to us to the value of what we owe those clubs and pay them from it.

Cold and wet night with some fans buying tickets online, pretty good turnout tbh.

As harsh as it is, the reality is that the administrator will not be looking to give any money over to Cowdenbeath or Hamilton. The administrator's concern is keeping Dunfermline alive, not any other clubs. If Hamilton or Cowdenbeath were to see any money owed to them, it would be much.

I must add that I think it's pretty disgraceful the way my club have ripped off both Cowdenbeath and Hamilton, as well as everyone else they owe money to, and I would dread to think that this would have a big impact on either of those clubs. The SFA and/or SFL should withhold future funds due to us to the value of what we owe those clubs and pay them from it.

The Administrators job is to secure as good a deal as possible for creditors. He shouldn't be concerned with the survival of DAFC unless this is best for Creditors.

At least that's the world outside football..

The Administrators job is to secure as good a deal as possible for creditors. He shouldn't be concerned with the survival of DAFC unless this is best for Creditors.

At least that's the world outside football..

Indeed, but your last sentence shows that you know how this all works.