Walking Down The Halbeath Road

But they've just made next weeks West Fife Derby a 'be all & end all' game. What else do you think Jackson & Longmuir were discussing yesterday?

"If you put us within a whisker of Cowden, & make it the most important game of the season, can you imagine how many punters will turn up?"

What a stroke of luck it being at EE, eh?

Fair do's to them then. I still can't believe they aren't getting over 5,000 with the state they are in.

I expect them to get a decent turnout for the derby then...

Think Ferguson's offer was more "We'll send up a team to play you in a friendly". No time was specified so I'd imagine that will be in the future. On that note, we've had our own version of the Connolly/Connery with the "We can have Coldplay play at Starks Park..." back in 2004 with Reclaim the Rovers. Their bassist is from Kirkcaldy and I don't think he's ever mentioned us.

Hasn't everyone had that at some point? Snow Patrol studied in Dundee and became Dundee fans and pledged they'd perform a concert with all proceeds going to the club, but somehow or another it never happened.

Lifted from .net original thread.

"All monies collected over the weekend are now counted (except for the coppers from the Asda collection on Friday).

We had a bucket collection at Asda on Friday, Sammy’s Shopping trip to the Kingsgate on Friday, a bucket collection at the game on Saturday, an envelope collection in Hospitality on Saturday and a further Asda bucket collection on Sunday, and of course Kieran’s walk on Sunday. Busy weekend!

Quite amazing totals –

Asda - Friday - £2,210

Sammy’s Shopping Trip – Friday - £420

Hospitality Envelopes- Saturday - £3,586

Bucket collection at the game on Saturday - £12,796

Asda Collection – Sunday - £1,307

Kieran’s walk – Sunday – total still to be confirmed.

So a mighty big THANK YOU to all the Pars fans out there who worked tirelessly and contributed in numbers to help achieve a massive total of £20, 320 (ish)

Hopefully this total, together with the extra numbers through the gates and the financial contribution from those who partied in Legends and the Gallery will give a very positive feeling to Mr Jackson."

How about paying the clubs you owe with some of this money? Clubs who have far less money and live within their means.

Or, why not just fritter it away on trying to maintain the dream of living beyond your means.

But they've just made next weeks West Fife Derby a 'be all & end all' game. What else do you think Jackson & Longmuir were discussing yesterday?

"If you put us within a whisker of Cowden, & make it the most important game of the season, can you imagine how many punters will turn up?"

What a stroke of luck it being at EE, eh?

It's a conspiracy!!1!1!

:bairn

You should probably aim these questions at Bryan Jackson tbh.

Think Ferguson's offer was more "We'll send up a team to play you in a friendly". No time was specified so I'd imagine that will be in the future. On that note, we've had our own version of the Connolly/Connery with the "We can have Coldplay play at Starks Park..." back in 2004 with Reclaim the Rovers. Their bassist is from Kirkcaldy and I don't think he's ever mentioned us.

yup I remember some of the stuff with that. Saying that wasnt the most bizzare thing I had heard would happen in a fund raising event. Still has to be less stressful than the Harlem Fifa tourny I helped run a few years ago lol

Fair do's to them then. I still can't believe they aren't getting over 5,000 with the state they are in.

I expect them to get a decent turnout for the derby then...

Expecting a certain number of fans to turn up is what got us in that shit in the first place mate.

What the hell happened btw to Alex Ferguson's offer of help. Or was another of those Billy Connolly & Sean Connery's "we'll help relaunch Third Lanark/we'll buy Partick Thistle" type moments?

With Man Utd's hectic schedule I don't think anyone was expecting it before the end of the season.

Thing is, did the offer of a friendly actually come from Fergie himself, or was it Man Utds rogue spokesman who lied about Man U wanting Rangers in the PL???

Who is Manchester United? You define Manchester United.

Apparently it was Fergie while bevvying with Roy Barry

For all the talk that if Dunfermline were to go down they would be getting TV money from playing Rangers, is there actually any additional money for it?

I thought (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the SFL was paid for the rights and the rules have that split amongst the 30 clubs rather than to the teams involved in the live games?

For all the talk that if Dunfermline were to go down they would be getting TV money from playing Rangers, is there actually any additional money for it?

I thought (and correct me if I'm wrong) that the SFL was paid for the rights and the rules have that split amongst the 30 clubs rather than to the teams involved in the live games?

heard the rangers pocketed something like 20k for television revenue this season

no

and

correct