Walking Down The Halbeath Road

31 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Sounds like Billy Mackay is leaving Caley as they've offered him buttons to stay on. Very proven goalscorer but perhaps a bit too similar to Wighton? 

Also feel at 35 is a bit too old, especially if we are going to have Snodgrass, McGowan in the team. 

Would much rather keep Tordorov than the other options suggested.

I think we need some sort of physical threat up front. If there’s no better option for that available, I’d like to see us keep Todorov.

For me, McCann is likely to play left of the front 3, so shouldn’t be counted in our ‘striker’ options, which now consist of just Wighton. McPake likes to have players that offer something different, certainly doesn’t seem to make like-for-like changes. So I’d be surprised if we brought in someone similar to Wighton.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

The gaffer on his hols on the same boat trip as Hammy and Robert Snodgrass. I'd expect Snodgrass to be signed up next week.

Not to be one of those pedantic Instagram stalking weirdos but if your meaning from McPake’s Instagram story where he tags Snodgrass, the other tag Royle Eleven is for the clothing company that Snodgrass owns and a hat from their site is in the picture so I think that’s where the tag comes from, however happy to be proved wrong if you know he’s there too. However, Chris Hamilton is with him.

I’d love Snodgrass at the Pars, it wouldn’t be another Dorrans situation IMO. I think he’s still far fitter and was always a better player anyway, was a regular feature for Hearts until Neilson got the boot!

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We were clinical enough to be fair. But I get your point.

Yeah I should have rephrased, we were clinical enough to get the job done, but we could have won the league by more points and goals by more games if more clinical. A lot of narrow wins.

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

5:15 is a grim slot on the Tele other than that decent to have a Saturday off before the season starts

I’d have Saturday 5.15 as just about the best slot to have if you’re on TV.  

in order of preference 

reasonable

Sat 5.15

friday night

sunday afternoon 

A bit shit

sat lunchtime 

sun lunchtime 

Burn in hell

monday evening 

Obviously Saturday 3 o’clock is best, but you don’t really get them, tho I do believe the group stage is early enough in the season that it avoids the official black out.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

5:15 is a grim slot on the Tele other than that decent to have a Saturday off before the season starts

Probably stick some sort of friendly in on that Saturday, every chance it's inter-squad or behind closed doors. Failing that, Hibs or Hearts at home or something.

The news that Partick Thistle are struggling financially got me thinking back to the dark days of 2013. What a horrible time to be a Pars fan.

I seem to remember that Partick Thistle were one of the clubs (along with Raith Rovers & Cowdenbeath) that offered to help out with a “if you bring x amount of fans to Firhill, we will give you a percentage of the gate receipts”

I can’t find the exact details anywhere but should their situation get terminal there is an opportunity this season for us to repay that favour. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that, and from what I’ve read I don’t think it will, but it’s important to remember where we were at that time and try to repay where we can (and not at 0p in the pound) 

I knew we ended up not actually getting any money from the Rovers. Couldn’t remember the circumstances - thought we didn’t actually take the required number. 

I’m not even sure if we got money from Thistle, and I seem to remember the club owed Cowdenbeath money so they just kept what they were owed? It’s all a bit hazy but the gesture was definitely appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Weegie Par said:

The news that Partick Thistle are struggling financially got me thinking back to the dark days of 2013. What a horrible time to be a Pars fan.

I seem to remember that Partick Thistle were one of the clubs (along with Raith Rovers & Cowdenbeath) that offered to help out with a “if you bring x amount of fans to Firhill, we will give you a percentage of the gate receipts”

I can’t find the exact details anywhere but should their situation get terminal there is an opportunity this season for us to repay that favour. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that, and from what I’ve read I don’t think it will, but it’s important to remember where we were at that time and try to repay where we can (and not at 0p in the pound) 

I can't remember the details of Thistle, but the Rovers initiative was about as self serving as they come. Ticket sails prior to that announcement were frightfully low, everyone I knew was donating the ticket money to the club rather than go to Raith away. Raith then said they'd give money back from every sale above 2,000. At the time we weren't going to take more than 1,000.

25 minutes ago, Weegie Par said:

I knew we ended up not actually getting any money from the Rovers. Couldn’t remember the circumstances - thought we didn’t actually take the required number. 

I’m not even sure if we got money from Thistle, and I seem to remember the club owed Cowdenbeath money so they just kept what they were owed? It’s all a bit hazy but the gesture was definitely appreciated. 

Cowdenbeath IIRC set up a turnstile at one of there games where Pars fans could go through and the money would come of our debt to them. 

The Raith away attendance was announced as 1990 or something close, tbf from looking at pictures it looked about right? They got about another 1,000 away fans. In the aftermath I was surprised that more clubs don't try it, if you're only budgeting for 500 away fans for example, put an initiative out whereby every fan over a thousand has their gate receipt go back to the club. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I can't remember the details of Thistle, but the Rovers initiative was about as self serving as they come. Ticket sails prior to that announcement were frightfully low, everyone I knew was donating the ticket money to the club rather than go to Raith away. Raith then said they'd give money back from every sale above 2,000. At the time we weren't going to take more than 1,000.

Cowdenbeath IIRC set up a turnstile at one of there games where Pars fans could go through and the money would come of our debt to them. 

The Raith away attendance was announced as 1990 or something close, tbf from looking at pictures it looked about right? They got about another 1,000 away fans. In the aftermath I was surprised that more clubs don't try it, if you're only budgeting for 500 away fans for example, put an initiative out whereby every fan over a thousand has their gate receipt go back to the club. 

The away stand holds around 3300. There's a picture from that game that shows the stand about 4/5 full. 

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

That’s Nisbet officially went to Millwall for £2M + add ons.

Tbf its not official yet. Fairly sure similar "deals done" rumours were rife in January then he changed his mind.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf its not official yet. Fairly sure similar "deals done" rumours were rife in January then he changed his mind.

Nah, they said they'd accepted an offer (much like the news was a couple of weeks back) but it wasn't confirmed Nisbet had accepted terms.