Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Looks like this errea deal is going to bankrupt me.... 

They have certainly got them spot on so far. The missus wants the goalkeeper tops (never, ever has had a football shirt) and I’ve bought the away one. Going to be skint by the end of the month, Christ. 

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

No, but as I said further up the thread, they know who is home and who is away. 2nd seeds play 3rd seeds at home. 

Yea, and Stirling should have been invited based upon previous…but they asked the Coo…just saying, ain’t nothing certain.

8 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Add me to the GK top love in.  They have gone full in on being absolutely mental, which is exactly what keeper tops should be.

They’re quite nice, but the away top makes me think Q*bert…still like, but distracted.

Not a fan of any of the strips so far I have to say. Away top too shiny, too much going on in the background. GK tops too mental (although looks like short sleeves are an option which is interesting if they go on sale to the general public). And on top of that, the new SRJ logo is too big. Not looking forward to the home kit now and god help us when the third kit is revealed.

8 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Anybody from Thistle's release list you'd take? Wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Mullen.

Turner if he doesn't sign on, regardless of whatever beef he had with the club previously.

Never really rated Mullen but would be a decent back up to Wighton and offers something a bit different. There's a Dundee/McPake connection there so you might be right. 

8 hours ago, parsboi said:

A while ago I would have taken Cammy Smith, but not now.

We were linked with him for about 4 transfer windows on the bounce for a time I'm sure.

51 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Turner if he doesn't sign on, regardless of whatever beef he had with the club previously

As a player I think everyone in the league would take him. But his attitude I feel could be a real risk in upsetting the dressing room.

10 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Anybody from Thistle's release list you'd take? Wouldn't be surprised to see us sign Mullen.

Would not be shocked if Mullen ended up with us or a similar team in the Champ, not sure what his record is like tbh, is he one of those guys who gets 5 or 6 a season but has had that one really amazing season where you wonder if he'll replicate it. IIRC when he was at Dundee he was often on the bench. I know nothing about the other guys that have been released apart from Tiffoney who has of course went to Dundee.

Big list of the guys's that Thistle are still in talks with, I'd be shocked if any of them stayed given how dire their finances are.

After watching the play off final on Sunday I really thought Thistle would be the ones to beat next term, even with Dundee Utd in the league but if the guys they're talking to don't re-sign I think it'll be mid table for them.

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Would not be shocked if Mullen ended up with us or a similar team in the Champ, not sure what his record is like tbh, is he one of those guys who gets 5 or 6 a season but has had that one really amazing season where you wonder if he'll replicate it. IIRC when he was at Dundee he was often on the bench. I know nothing about the other guys that have been released apart from Tiffoney who has of course went to Dundee.

Big list of the guys's that Thistle are still in talks with, I'd be shocked if any of them stayed given how dire their finances are.

After watching the play off final on Sunday I really thought Thistle would be the ones to beat next term, even with Dundee Utd in the league but if the guys they're talking to don't re-sign I think it'll be mid table for them.

Following on from this, just read the Twitter replies from Thistle fans to the news and they all seem fairly happy with the ones going, apart from Danny Mullen so I suppose that shows they think he's a good player.

6 goals in 35 is pish for a striker. Be as well keeping Todorov. 

Saying that if we have released Todorov, then you’d think we’d be looking at other strikers, and Mullen has played under McPake, so…👀

Just now, DAFC. said:

6 goals in 35 is pish for a striker. Be as well keeping Todorov. 

Saying that if we have released Todorov, then you’d think we’d be looking at other strikers, and Mullen has played under McPake, so…👀

We'll 100% be looking at strikers with both Todorov and O'Hara departing. The problem last year for large spells was that we weren't clinical enough in front of goal, we won't get away with that in the Championship as I don't think our defence will be as secure just given the better opposition and we should be playing against better defences. If Wighton continues where he left off and McCann improves again like he should then that's a good start.