Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Did I imagine this or has Leishman asked Pars supporters to hand over savings and holiday money to keep the club afloat?

Read this in "The Courier" yesterday. Thought it was a misquote at the time. Surely it has to be.

Is there any guarantee that any of the monies raised won't end up in Masterton's pocket?

Well done to all those who have donated money, I hope it isn't wasted.

Did I imagine this or has Leishman asked Pars supporters to hand over savings and holiday money to keep the club afloat?

No you didn't, he said that.

Masterton has also signed over his shares to the administrator. I however am still suspicious of his motives considering he's a lying little shit who was willing to rip Pars fans off.

No, definitely not a misquote, it was in the Star yesterday also.

It really pisses me off that the same fans who were blamed for financial mismangement are getting blackmailed again.

They also said that they have set their stall out for 5000 fans on Saturday. They have failed to learn that the Dunfermline fans are sick and tired of being blamed for their mess. Dunfermline has a population of 50,000 and we were getting crowds of 6K and we still get the highest attendances in the first division.

Not impressed one bit so far by Pars United. I know we have to be positive and get behind the club etc etc but as a season ticket holder I've been doing this for years. They are milking the hardcore fans for all they've got, I reckon this will backfire and we will be lucky to get 3000 on Sat.

I appreciate that the Pars are a huge part of people's lives but that is verging on emotional blackmail.
"Give up your holiday money and savings to maybe save the Pars."

Mis-quote surely?

Masterton signing over his shares is a step in the right direction.

Still got a long way to go in sorting this mess out, yet if Jackson says this will help the process then i am happy with the news.

Also great to read that there has been a small advance on April's wages to the players and staff. :)

No, definitely not a misquote, it was in the Star yesterday also.

It really pisses me off that the same fans who were blamed for financial mismangement are getting blackmailed again.

They also said that they have set their stall out for 5000 fans on Saturday. They have failed to learn that the Dunfermline fans are sick and tired of being blamed for their mess. Dunfermline has a population of 50,000 and we were getting crowds of 6K and we still get the highest attendances in the first division.

Not impressed one bit so far by Pars United. I know we have to be positive and get behind the club etc etc but as a season ticket holder I've been doing this for years. They are milking the hardcore fans for all they've got, I reckon this will backfire and we will be lucky to get 3000 on Sat.

Who is blaming fans for financial mismanagement other than a few trolls on here? The situation is dire - dig deep or there won't be a club. It's not really a time for worrying too much about every little nuance of your thoughts on the rights and wrongs of it all. I know there's still a lack of trust and a resentment simmering because of the Masterton involvement but all the dosh will go to the adminstrator and we have to trust him to use it how he sees fit.

Leish has won us promotions, staved off relegations in miraculous circumstances and in my lifetime there has been nobody even close to him when it comes to raising the profile of DAFC. I think he's more than earned the right to ask fans to do all they can to help and I think he'd be heartbroken if he really was the last ever Par to score a winning goal at Ibrox.

Edit: hypocrite alert: I'm going to a wedding on Saturday so sorry big Jim! I will bung my entry/pie/50-50 money the way of the club though!

Edited by Shandon Par

Is there any guarantee that any of the monies raised won't end up in Masterton's pocket?

if a CVA is agreed and with him being the major creditor you`d have to think some of the monies raised will go in mastertons hipper

Leish has won us promotions, staved off relegations in miraculous circumstances and in my lifetime there has been nobody even close to him when it comes to raising the profile of DAFC. I think he's more than earned the right to ask fans to do all they can to help and I think he'd be heartbroken if he really was the last ever Par to score a winning goal at Ibrox.

Edit: hypocrite alert: I'm going to a wedding on Saturday so sorry big Jim! I will bung my entry/pie/50-50 money the way of the club though!

theres no doubting Leish`s is dunfermline through and through but he sat on the board whilst the debt accrued,could he have not done something then?how much of the money owed to him did he recieve when he resigned not too long ago?

Edited by Rovers_Lad

theres no doubting Leish`s is dunfermline through and through but he sat on the board whilst the debt accrued,could he have not done something then?how much of the money owed to him did he recieve when he resigned not too long ago?

I think having a directorship at the Pars involved handing over a substantial sum to Gavin Masterton then finding yourself left in the cold. Calling it a board of directors was stretching it a bit. We're owing a total of £1m to guys like Leish and the various bods in the TPC and other lower profile folks who put in money in good faith. They have done something about it by pulling the plug on Masterton.

Being on the board didn't really give leishman influence, masterton was selling positions on the board but as soon as you joined you were ignored when it came to the big decisions, or worse agreed to one budget only to be told at the next meeting a completely different one had been made.

fair comments.

We're owing a total of £1m to guys like Leish and the various bods in the TPC and other lower profile folks who put in money in good faith. They have done something about it by pulling the plug on Masterton.

was he not owed something like 25k which a fair portion was repaid on his resignation

Having been at the game today it was great to hear of all the funds raised so far, the plans going forward and to see a crowd close on 5,000 turn up.

The Cowdenbeath offer for Pars fans on Tuesday is clever and could wipe the debt owed to Cowdenbeath in one go and also raise funds for Pars United.

I went to have a look at details for todays game this morning on Facebook and was very surprised to see the last post by Dunfermline Athletic was on Christmas eve! Can a fan not help run this page?

Having been at the game today it was great to hear of all the funds raised so far, the plans going forward and to see a crowd close on 5,000 turn up.

The Cowdenbeath offer for Pars fans on Tuesday is clever and could wipe the debt owed to Cowdenbeath in one go and also raise funds for Pars United.

I went to have a look at details for todays game this morning on Facebook and was very surprised to see the last post by Dunfermline Athletic was on Christmas eve! Can a fan not help run this page?

You must have been on the wrong page bud. The DAFC Facebook is updated fairly regularly and especially so lately.

http://www.facebook.com/dunfermline.afc

You must have been on the wrong page bud. The DAFC Facebook is updated fairly regularly and especially so lately.

http://www.facebook.com/dunfermline.afc

I know facebook will not be the biggest priority of the club just now but thats not even a proper business facebook page and could be closed at any time if its a personal page who is actually a business.

When you google Dunfermline Athletic facebook you get https://www.facebook.com/DunfermlineAthletic.FC which is a proper facebook page with all the Insights and stats that you don't get with the page above.

Facebook can help if someone at the club has lost the password and migrate everything to the correct site.

I know facebook will not be the biggest priority of the club just now but thats not even a proper business facebook page and could be closed at any time if its a personal page who is actually a business.

When you google Dunfermline Athletic facebook you get https://www.facebook.com/DunfermlineAthletic.FC which is a proper facebook page with all the Insights and stats that you don't get with the page above.

Facebook can help if someone at the club has lost the password and migrate everything to the correct site.

I can't even begin to tell you how much this doesn't matter just now. Appreciate you're probably trying to help but these are issues for another day.