Walking Down The Halbeath Road

26 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

The official award that McPake was put forward for is definitely by other managers as McPake said himself in the Si Ferry interview be voted for Ange.

McPake himself is almost certainly a fan of one of the two bigot teams.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

They couldn’t afford him as they are saving up to buy Matty, Matty Todd.

They’re buying two players now? Matty and Matty Todd? Is Matty some sort of Brazilian superstar with Scottish lineage?  

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

They’re buying two players now? Matty and Matty Todd? Is Matty some sort of Brazilian superstar with Scottish lineage?  

The way he scores goals it can't be ruled out.

14 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

3 hours ago, par-adise said:

Anyone else suffering from Todd withdrawal symptoms? Is it 23 June yet? 

Matty Todd is magnificent and we will get at least £7million for him once he wraps the title next season. 

2 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Matty Todd is magnificent and we will get at least £7million for him once he wraps the title next season. 

Why so pessimistic? 

Also is there anymore news with regards to what pre season friendlies we'll have? 

13 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Why so pessimistic? 

Also is there anymore news with regards to what pre season friendlies we'll have? 

The sell-on clause from Bayern to PSG is where the real money is.

Without Falkirk and McGlynn I was a wee bit worried about James McPake not having someone to make his blood boil. Fortunately Jim Goodwin will be there and will get both barrels from Mr Angry of Dunfermline. 

19 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

McPake himself is almost certainly a fan of one of the two bigot teams.

A Celtic fan originally (I think) then said he'd 'converted' to Dundee when he was with us.

He's very past club orientated though so I'd imagine it's now Hibs, Dundee & Dunfermline above Celtic.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

A Celtic fan originally (I think) then said he'd 'converted' to Dundee when he was with us.

He's very past club orientated though so I'd imagine it's now Hibs, Dundee & Dunfermline above Celtic.

Hearing him at the end of season sponsors’ event he clearly has lots of affection for Dundee (and not so much for Dundee Utd). 

Hoping we might at least see the new kit this week. Sounds like it’s been done and dusted for a long time.

I was in the club shop on Saturday morning and they were getting rid of the Joma stuff pretty quickly. Two training shirts and a pair of shorts from the away kit for £13. Suppose they can’t have any of that on sale when the new manufacturer’s stuff is on the shelves.

Edited by The Toun Clock

9 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Hoping we might at least see the new kit this week. Sounds like it’s been done and dusted for a long time.

I was in the club shop on Saturday morning and they were getting rid of the Joma stuff pretty quickly. Two training shirts and a pair of shorts from the away kit for £13. Suppose they can’t have any of that on sale when the new manufacturer’s stuff is on the shelves.

I’d imagine the Joma deal is up at the end of May or something. So wouldn’t be surprised if the club release/announce something on Thursday/Friday.

3 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

New kit will get unveiled at St Pauli game.

Doubt it mate, Dave Cook said the other week he wanted it on sale in the club shop by mid-June. Of course this could change but that was his official plans as of the meeting a couple of weeks back. I'd be shocked if we don't hear who the new manufacturer is (almost certainly Errea by the sounds of it) and also an image of the kit. 

I think in an ideal world they'll want it on sale pre-St Pauli. The way things are going, if this kit is a really good one then it'll sell like hot cakes, even our lesser liked kits sell well these days.