Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I think The Rangers version of financial meltdown has maybe glossed over how brutal it's going to be at East End Park. 4pm is apparently the time the adminstrator will meet the staff.

It must be brutal for any employee with the prospect of no job for the foreseeable future. If players are made redundant, there may be a few picked up over the week end but with mortgages to pay and families to provide for it must be hell, particularly if you have not had full pay in the previous month.

Situations like this bring the focus of overspending into sharp focus.

Time supporters started writing after happy clapping ?.....

"Dear Chairman,

As a ______ year supporter of _______________F.C. can I express my utter delight at the recent successes and applaud everyone involved in getting us to this position. As I'm sure you are aware the joy of attending football matches in your home town and at other grounds propels you through the most emotional roller coaster ride unavailable in any other sport and when it ends in success the feel good factor is almost immeasurable.

As fans we look forward to the new challenges ahead, new opposition, new grounds and so on. However, above absolutely everything else, I would be obliged if you and the board could publicly reassure the fans that the Club or even the Company that owns/ will not be tempted to gamble with the clubs' future by way of excessive budgetary forecasting and expenditure in a gamble to maintain our new-found status.

Recent events have underlined the utter foolishness of that policy with other clubs and many, if not all, of our clubs fans would rather we took the pain and experience of relegation rather than staying up with crippling expenses devaluing the club to the point of extinction. After all, having a club to support in any division is far better than having no club to support at all.

Absolute transparency of the budgeting process will be required to show the fans, would be sponsors and other clubs that we are behaving in a workable manner to embrace our new reality and that the survival of the club is under no threat should the worse case scenario happen next season.

Once again, Thank you and once again Congratulations !

'Mon the _____________________ !!!

Signed."

I think the one thing this proves is that Scottish football needs to get rid of Airdrie.

As long as they continue to be absolutely gash, they will some how fluke out of hitting the level they should by the teams above them consistently saving their ar$e by going bust. They are a curse on the game....

I'll be pretty pissed off if the end result is Dunfermline still in Div 1 next season with no debt, a clean slate and a healthy squad.

Odds on that's what will happen though.

Yup.

That's certainly what the Dundee precedent shows. I think that's much the most likely scenario.

I can't stress how much I agree with this and with HTG's post. It is utterly soul destroying trying to watch Rovers make ends meet while other clubs go out and spend ridiculous amounts of money trying to sustain an SPL dream, getting themselves into trouble, only to go into Admin and reach a CVA. Meanwhile, Rovers go season on season with a dwindling fanbase trying to cut their budgets while struggling to compete with other teams. I'm not going to make any bold statements on what will happen, but I'd be exceptionally disheartened if the Pars managed to get a CVA and then pulled off a 'Dundee'. Scottish football in the whole needs a massive review, not some report by a politician. Even after Rangers went bust, we've yet to see so much to the change promised. The SPL have kept their ridiculous voting structure, the clubs still try to trot out same excuses for a smaller top tier, and we still have the same cretins in charge. There is absolutely no accountability in our game whatsoever.

Hate to disappoint you guys but there is next to no chance of this happening. The vast majority of our first team squad will be let go today. A 15 points deduction will see us smack bang in the drop zone with a bunch of kids asked to save our Div 1 status. We will be relegated. As we deserve to be...........

Hate to disappoint you guys but there is next to no chance of this happening. The vast majority of our first team squad will be let go today. A 15 points deduction will see us smack bang in the drop zone with a bunch of kids asked to save our Div 1 status. We will be relegated. As we deserve to be...........

f**k me if things arent bad enough.....two trips to Methil.....

We will see. We heard similar pronouncements of doom from the Dundee fans, and look how that turned out.

They kept several well paid players and got rid of the dross, including Dodds and Jism.

I can't stress how much I agree with this and with HTG's post. It is utterly soul destroying trying to watch Rovers make ends meet while other clubs go out and spend ridiculous amounts of money trying to sustain an SPL dream, getting themselves into trouble, only to go into Admin and reach a CVA. Meanwhile, Rovers go season on season with a dwindling fanbase trying to cut their budgets while struggling to compete with other teams. I'm not going to make any bold statements on what will happen, but I'd be exceptionally disheartened if the Pars managed to get a CVA and then pulled off a 'Dundee'. Scottish football in the whole needs a massive review, not some report by a politician. Even after Rangers went bust, we've yet to see so much to the change promised. The SPL have kept their ridiculous voting structure, the clubs still try to trot out same excuses for a smaller top tier, and we still have the same cretins in charge. There is absolutely no accountability in our game whatsoever.

Ultimately it requires the majority of well-run clubs to standup to the minority of chancers.

Lets not jump to conclusions about us being relegated.

At this stage, we don't know what the points deduction will be, if it's 10 points, we won't finish behind Airdrie. Even if it's 15 points, i still reckon we would finish above them. If it's more severe then that could be a different story, yet we've just got to wait and see what the punishment will be.

We're going to see this season out with youngsters, yet that might not necessarily be a bad thing in the long run (if we remain in business for the foreseeable future that is). We've got to support those who remain after today and do so in numbers, by giving them the confidence and the belief that we can stay up.

I think the one thing this proves is that Scottish football needs to get rid of Airdrie.

As long as they continue to be absolutely gash, they will some how fluke out of hitting the level they should by the teams above them consistently saving their ar$e by going bust. They are a curse on the game....

Away and don't talk pish, do you think that it is fun being an Airdrie Supporter watching the curent level of football on offer, most fans want the team to be relegated and rebuild at a level which the team is pitched. We are not the curse and we do not need our arses saving, as stated by most of the other posters which have a brain, we are some of the few actually operating within our means

Yet you'll still walk away pretty much debt free if a CVA is passed. Rovers had to claw the club back from the gangsters in charge and got left with paying the mortage on the stadium on top of the debt while playing part time second division football for 5 years. We're still lumbered with it. Don't get me wrong, I wish the Pars fans the best of luck. But it really does make me wonder if Rovers should abandon trying to play by the rules and go on a spending spree, have a good team for a season, before going into Admin. I'll personally volunteer to get teary eyed in front of the camera. We'll be back in a few years debt free and ready to take on Scottish football.

Well, it has worked so far for Livi/Dundee/Sevco... :rolleyes:

Lets not jump to conclusions about us being relegated.

At this stage, we don't know what the points deduction will be, if it's 10 points, we won't finish behind Airdrie. Even if it's 15 points, i still reckon we would finish above them. If it's more severe then that could be a different story, yet we've just got to wait and see what the punishment will be.

We're going to see this season out with youngsters, yet that might not necessarily be a bad thing in the long run (if we remain in business for the foreseeable future that is). We've got to support those who remain after today and do so in numbers, by giving them the confidence and the belief that we can stay up.

And if 12-12 goes through for next season, there's probably no SFL1 relegation at all.

The points about governance are good ones, but it's worth noting that Scottish football is a million miles ahead of many other countries in terms of punishing teams for financial indiscretions. Spanish clubs regularly go into administration without any punishment at all, while the English leagues seem to avoid punishing clubs for as long as possible. It's worth noting that various English clubs (Luton, Bournemouth etc) have gone down the newco route with points deductions being the only punishment.

There should be financial licensing for clubs, and I think most people have now woken up to that idea and I expect to see it implemented across most of Europe in the coming decade.

Away and don't talk pish, do you think that it is fun being an Airdrie Supporter watching the curent level of football on offer, most fans want the team to be relegated and rebuild at a level which the team is pitched. We are not the curse and we do not need our arses saving, as stated by most of the other posters which have a brain, we are some of the few actually operating within our means

And they say the junior forums are rife with idiots who have no sense of humour.

The points about governance are good ones, but it's worth noting that Scottish football is a million miles ahead of many other countries in terms of punishing teams for financial indiscretions. Spanish clubs regularly go into administration without any punishment at all, while the English leagues seem to avoid punishing clubs for as long as possible. It's worth noting that various English clubs (Luton, Bournemouth etc) have gone down the newco route with points deductions being the only punishment.

There should be financial licensing for clubs, and I think most people have now woken up to that idea and I expect to see it implemented across most of Europe in the coming decade.

It might be worth using Darlington as a counter-example to English 'leniency'. Because they couldn't agree a CVA, the FA decided that they were to be treated as a new club - so forced a name change and bumped them down 4 divisions.

Yet you'll still walk away pretty much debt free if a CVA is passed. Rovers had to claw the club back from the gangsters in charge and got left with paying the mortage on the stadium on top of the debt while playing part time second division football for 5 years. We're still lumbered with it. Don't get me wrong, I wish the Pars fans the best of luck. But it really does make me wonder if Rovers should abandon trying to play by the rules and go on a spending spree, have a good team for a season, before going into Admin. I'll personally volunteer to get teary eyed in front of the camera. We'll be back in a few years debt free and ready to take on Scottish football.

Well, it has worked so far for Livi/Dundee/Sevco... :rolleyes:

I highly doubt we'll be "debt free" - any bidders wishing to take over the running of the club will have to strike some sort of deal for renting the stadium which won't be cheap.

I highly doubt we'll be "debt free" - any bidders wishing to take over the running of the club will have to strike some sort of deal for renting the stadium which won't be cheap.

Believe me, it'll be a helluva lot cheaper than paying the debts in full. Administration hasn't done too badly for Livingston or Dundee or Motherwell. As long as it remains the low cost, low penalty option, there will always be an "ambitious" football club happy to drink at that particular well. Jeez, the recognized field experts have now been there twice apiece inside a decade, and it really hasn't hurt them at all.