Sam Young

Liam Hoggan

Jake Rennie

Out of contract -

Deniz Mehmet 

Aaron Comrie

Rhys Breen

Kyle MacDonald

Paul McGowan (think he's here on loan though)

Kevin O'Hara

Craig Wighton

Nikolay Todorov

I would offer terms to Mehmet, Wighton, Breen and one of MacDonald or Comrie. Unsure about McGowan I think he could be useful but not sure if he has the legs to last a season and with a tight budget probably best to maximize wages.

I wouldn't be against Todorov staying but feel better options could be out there also think Sutherland could add depth to the striking department, he's looked decent in the reserve games against some reasonable defenders, McGregor at Hibs for instance but he could probably do with a 6 month loan.

For me: 

Mehmet - but massively reduced from what was reported
Comrie
MacDonald
Breen
Wighton

O Hara will score goals against us if he leaves but he's not really in the running. 
I like Todorov but his pace pains me. 
Hold McGowan hostage so the Dundee fans deliver us Fisher. 

15 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Would offer contracts to Comrie, Macdonald and Wighton.

Ditching Breen I think would be a pretty unpopular decision considering the defensive quality of this season.

I would keep him and hope to bring in Fisher or Murray potentially both.

9 minutes ago, 101 said:

Ditching Breen I think would be a pretty unpopular decision considering the defensive quality of this season.

I would keep him and hope to bring in Fisher or Murray potentially both.

I think Fisher and Murray would be better, so if we got them would consider Breen superfluous to demand.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think Fisher and Murray would be better, so if we got them would consider Breen superfluous to demand.

Depends if we stick with 3 at the back then imo we need 4 decent CB options, I wouldn't be that happy with Comrie, Kerr, MacDonald or Edwards having to have a spell in the back line if we are going to be aiming for promotion next year

I’m not claiming to be ITK agent, but there has been rumours that McPake is trying to get Fisher on a pre-contract. Hardly a shock given he is out of contract and has worked closely with McPake for many a year. Not sure about Murray though. Think there were rumours about him during the January window. 

As much as I think Breen has improved and can offer a lot, he has got to be the most injury-prone player we have had in my lifetime. It’s maybe not worth the money if he is going to keep breaking down, especially if Murray and Fisher are indeed genuine options.

I’d expect/hope we’ve offered deals to Comrie, Wighton and Breen. We need to strengthen for next season, so if players have struggled for game time this season, I can’t imagine they’re part of the plans for next season. Only possible exception would be Todorov, who I think would be more useful in the championship, where teams are less likely to sit in against us. He’s also scored massive goals for us this season. I think he’s our best striker. But it all depends on what McPake thinks of him and who else is available.

Kind of in two minds about Mehmet. Would be fine with him staying, but wouldn’t be bothered if he left. Think clean sheets are largely due to the defenders. Don’t think he’s been fantastic or made saves you wouldn’t expect of a keeper. He’s not good at dealing with shots from anywhere between 15-25 yards out and he’s bad for parrying the ball back into the danger area (see second goal on Saturday) as an example.

Kind of surprised we haven’t heard about a Comrie extension. He must be our longest serving player (other than youth products), seems happy and McPake seems to rate him - sure he said he tried to sign him for Dundee. He’s also proven at championship level, so would seem a no-brainer to keep him. Unless he has a better offer from elsewhere…

2 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

As much as I think Breen has improved and can offer a lot, he has got to be the most injury-prone player we have had in my lifetime. 

You must be very young. We only released Lewis Martin last summer.

Not sure we'll be too difficult to deal with in regards to Fisher. Down the pecking order at Dens to the point we're playing a right winger/central midfielder at RB ahead of him and he's not even in the conversation at CH as he's a bit too slight.

Do think we'll chuck him a token offer of a new deal though so you'll need to pay compensation though.

49 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Would offer contracts to Comrie, Macdonald and Wighton.

You'd release the keeper who has broken a clean sheet record at the club? And a mainstay in that same defence? Interesting.

For me everyone is worth a deal bar O'Hara and Todorov (although wouldn't be the worst idea to give him a year as a squad player, has scored some very important goals off the bench).

Edited by VinnyPar

Also, I think Comrie, MacDonald, and O’Hara have run their course. Todorov just isn’t good enough either. We’ll need much better for next season if we are serious about putting a challenge in. What we have got might be ok to get mid-table obscurity, at best. We will probably stick with a back 3, and I’m not comfortable with Comrie being one of the CH options. 

IMO Breen will get a move down to England, so that will mean we’ll need 3 centre halves, a couple strikers, right-wing back, and a better midfield option than Chalmers (who will not be good enough in the Championship)*. 

*Before anyone starts, he has had a good season but is not any more than mid-low level Championship. 

21 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Kind of surprised we haven’t heard about a Comrie extension. He must be our longest serving player

138 appearances for Comrie 135 for Edwards.

52 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Not sure we'll be too difficult to deal with in regards to Fisher. Down the pecking order at Dens to the point we're playing a right winger/central midfielder at RB ahead of him and he's not even in the conversation at CH as he's a bit too slight.

Do think we'll chuck him a token offer of a new deal though so you'll need to pay compensation though.

Never seen Fisher play right back. He was a right sided centre half in a back 3 a lot of the time with us or centre back in a back four.  I wouldn't have described him as slight to be honest but maybe that's in comparison to what you have.

I think it sounds like a good move for all parties if he moves to us in the summer. I think he will get plenty chances to devlop with us too.

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Never seen Fisher play right back. He was a right sided centre half in a back 3 a lot of the time with us or centre back in a back four.  I wouldn't have described him as slight to be honest but maybe that's in comparison to what you have.

I think it sounds like a good move for all parties if he moves to us in the summer. I think he will get plenty chances to devlop with us too.

We do have a couple of big haddies right enough - and Fisher looks classier than any of our CH's but not sure he's good enough for top of the Championship (at this stage due to the lack of games he's had in his career) and probably not good enough at all for the top flight.

I do wonder how much compensation we'd be entitled to though. That could be the biggest stumbling block in the deal more than anything. I'd like to see us keep him, but happy to send him your way for a season of first team football in the Championship but who knows. We've currently got 3 players signed up for next season and 2 of those our manager is actively trying to get rid of in Shaun Byrne & Zak Rudden.

I think O’Hara is getting overlooked too easily tbh. His energy, instinct and finishing makes him a good option as a sub. Whether or not he’d accept a new deal knowing he’d barely start a game is another question, but considering he likely isn’t a top earner I’d be offering him another year. 

Comrie and MacDonald should both be offered new deals. I’d rather get Fisher and/or Murray before Breen, but wouldn’t be disappointed to see Breen kept on. Assuming McGowan is back to Dundee, I’d hope for a more influential central midfielder and have Chalmers on the bench. 

1 minute ago, smpar said:

I think O’Hara is getting overlooked too easily tbh. His energy, instinct and finishing makes him a good option as a sub. Whether or not he’d accept a new deal knowing he’d barely start a game is another question, but considering he likely isn’t a top earner I’d be offering him another year. 

Comrie and MacDonald should both be offered new deals. I’d rather get Fisher and/or Murray before Breen, but wouldn’t be disappointed to see Breen kept on. Assuming McGowan is back to Dundee, I’d hope for a more influential central midfielder and have Chalmers on the bench. 

I wouldn't be shocked if O'Hara is on decent wages. We signed him off the back of a good season with Alloa, we wouldn't have been his only suitors and we gave him a three year deal. 

As far as our loan signings go the only one I'd be trying to get back is KRH. I'd be OK with Fisher coming back but I wouldnt be offering compensation. 

I reckon Mahon has got it in him to go somewhere and be decent, but he's not really had much of a sniff here. 

Mochrie, McGowan and Otoo can be on there way with a league winners medal. 

I'd honestly imagine McPake giving McGowan a deal for next season. Think that was the whole point of him leaving in January from us. Kind of an end of an era.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Byrne join you either.