Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, 101 said:

What a mental thing to tweet. 

Guy has apologised several times now and his bio says he's only 16. Still well out of line but McPake isn't coming across greatly either to keep Tweeting about it.

9 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Guy has apologised several times now and his bio says he's only 16. Still well out of line but McPake isn't coming across greatly either to keep Tweeting about it.

Agreed, the initial tweet was shite. However he has apologised and evidently realises his tweet was shite, McPake doesn't need to accept this apology, however maybe he shouldn't be searching his name on twitter after a few jars. 

McPake doesn't come across well there IMO.

McPake is absolutely right in his responses. It's about time people realise that the shite they write in public isn't the same as what might be seen as a silly comment in private between mates. If the lad is 16 maybe it's a lesson for him and everyone else that age to be careful on social media.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Tbf if someone tweets about your children getting raped then pretty much anything is fair game.

I hope the guy didn't realise quite how young his kids were and I'm glad to see him apologise, McPake is well within his rights, and would be perfectly understandably, to tell the lad to beat it.

Safe to assume the wee guy probably didn’t know how young his kids were- I’d say the intent of the initial tweet was meant to be funny but it’s just gone horribly wrong. Good lesson for the guy to learn as he seems genuinely awful for it. 

McPake is understandably fucking raging about it and would do well to not go on about it any more than he has. 

Perhaps McPake shouldn’t have responded. But that’s easy to say as an outsider. As he said in his tweet, his kids are young. I would imagine that, in a few years, there’s a good chance they’ll start using social media. Should he be having to worry about his young children seeing tweets like that? I think this is part of the problem with the likes of Twitter. That kid is posting anonymously and thinks he can say whatever he wants. If his name and photo were attached to his profile, there’s not a chance he would be posting that kind of thing.

Also, McCann came on as a winger. Can’t imagine Todorov going up and down the left wing ffs. I’m sure Todorov would have been on, if we didn’t have so many enforced substitutions in other positions. McPake and Mackay have both said in interviews that if we need a goal late on, they want Todorov in the box

Aye the original tweet was poor but he clearly didn't think about how old McPake is or how old his kids would be. The original reply was justified but after the guy apologised (and its hard to tell tone from a tweet of course, but it reads as if its genuine and heart felt) its clear it wasn't intended to be anything really nasty. Glad it's been deleted now but do think that players and managers should be encouraged to stay off social media after games and/or not reply to comments. Not just for things like this, but when laughing at other clubs or whatever they can get dragged up years later if they sign for said club or whatever. 

56 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see McPake has now deleted his Twitter.

Good. 

50 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Aye the original tweet was poor but he clearly didn't think about how old McPake is or how old his kids would be. The original reply was justified but after the guy apologised (and its hard to tell tone from a tweet of course, but it reads as if its genuine and heart felt) its clear it wasn't intended to be anything really nasty. Glad it's been deleted now but do think that players and managers should be encouraged to stay off social media after games and/or not reply to comments. Not just for things like this, but when laughing at other clubs or whatever they can get dragged up years later if they sign for said club or whatever. 

Aye, agreed, have never really understood why footballers and managers have accounts as there's just too many fannies and scumbags who will use it to abuse them.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Ah shit, you're right, only 5 more after Falkirk! However that does then mean that we can indeed win the league in Grangemouth should we win the next three and they lose the next three (with the third game for each team being the one in Grangemouth). In fact in that scenario a draw would see us win the league (we'd go 16 clear with 15 points available after).

Like I said though, that's pretty unlikely. Can't see Falkirk losing twice and think next Saturday will be a tough game.

Still, would be nice if it happened!

Think you're forgetting that Falkirk would also get a point if there was a draw between us 😉

6 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

Mental our top scorer in the league has 8 goals. Something which 100% needs addressed in the summer.

O'Hara and Tordorov to leave? Do we go and get someone a bit left field or get Agyeman from Kelty who hasn't exactly been scoring for fun but should be better with better service. 

Our strikers are the biggest confusion I have with our squad.

Each of them have something, none of them have enough of everything and they are absolutely not prolific in any sense. 

But I like all of them in one way or another. 

I want McCann to wake up one day and have clicked into gear and everything come together because he's a unit, pretty quick, decent feet, tall and will literally run through people but....it doesn't work. Why not?! 

Edit: To clarify im not on a downer here after the weekend, just a topic of discussion. Top of the League, looking....down on the Falkirk....etc. 

Edited by Stoo61

2 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Our strikers are the biggest confusion I have with our squad.

Each of them have something, none of them have enough of everything and they are absolutely not prolific in any sense. 

But I like all of them in one way or another. 

I want McCann to wake up one day and have clicked into gear and everything come together because he's a unit, pretty quick, decent feet, tall and will literally run through people but....it doesn't work. Why not?! 

Edit: To clarify im not on a downer here after the weekend, just a topic of discussion. Top of the League, looking....down on the Falkirk....etc. 

totally agree with you, i think you could make an argument for all 4 of them to be punted next year without too much of a whine.  Wighton and McCann I’d keep, Ohara and Todorov if they were to move on then I wouldn’t be too fussed.  

I'd give McCann a run in the team ya know. Can't be good for any striker, at this level especially, to be in and out and we have done that with all of them pretty much. Wighton has had a run now of course. 

Straight swap, McCann for Wighton for a good run of games.