Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Not sure what the associated costs would be, but have always thought the North Stand (that what it is?) At EEP would be fucking brilliant as terracing. Split 50/50 with home and away support. Would seem especially beneficial considering that seems to be where the folk making the noise are.

ETA. Not that it would necessarily stop wee dafties from chucking stuff, but still.

Absolutely. I think its a bit of a no brainer really, would be a bit of a buzz, a bit of publicity, encourage more away fans and up the atmosphere. As you say we have the perfect place for it too. 

Could have a whip round. 

10 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

That's what it used to be before the pish stadium redevelopment.

Ah right, that's a shame. 

Don't get me wrong, EEP is one of the better away days, especially for an all seater - but the rules around stadium capacity and all seating were a crime against football.

Anyways, glad to see you lot appear to be keeping Falkirk down. Hope you have a shite season once you're up next year though.

2 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Anyways, glad to see you lot appear to be keeping Falkirk down. Hope you have a shite season once you're up next year though.

Falkirk have a good chance at promotion through the play-offs as do yourselves. 

The Championship is going to be the most competitive it has been since reconstruction next season. 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

That would indeed be incredible, but the cost to do it would be astronomical for a club like us. Safe standing is pretty much a pipe dream, unless you are Sevco or Celtic. 

'Safe' standing is a con but, although expensive, what would the cost of making most of the NW just regular terracing?

Celtic already have 'safe' standing and a few EPL clubs do as well.

6 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Ah right, that's a shame. 

Don't get me wrong, EEP is one of the better away days, especially for an all seater - but the rules around stadium capacity and all seating were a crime against football.

Aye the rules were a joke. Glad they got changed.

Edited by DA Baracus

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Falkirk have a good chance at promotion through the play-offs as do yourselves. 

The Championship is going to be the most competitive it has been since reconstruction next season. 

Aye true, although I have a strong feeling they might not win the playoffs. Fully prepared to retract that statement if they pump us on Monday.

That's true, should be a very interesting league next year. Depending on who goes down / up, it could be the first completely full-time 2nd tier for a while. Not that full time status is a definite measure of competitiveness, but you know what I mean.

Edited by AuAl

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

'Safe standing' is on the agenda longer term. Been spoken about few times at supporters sessions. Being honest it's the next logical step. I'm sure the clubs aspiration was/is that a supporters group take up the reins and run with it, regarding an initial feasibility study. The immediate issue to overcome was that the existing steps in the NW aren't wide enough: what a load of shite that is surely, given folk stand safely every week in there.

Anyway pause for thought.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Safe standing is pretty much a pipe dream, unless you are Sevco or Celtic. 

Tbf if Killie can afford it then with some careful planning it should be achievable for most teams.

Like if your replacing the seating in a part of the stadium it would make sense to try and budget for the rail seating.

I suppose it's an issue of priorities with funds at the club so tight. Do you fork out to redevelop the north stand for safe standing or do you give Matty Todd a lifetime contract?

I'm all for safe standing but I would guess most people would rather that money was invested into the squad?

We’ve not had a proper captain for a while I don’t think btw. Don’t know if it’s achievements this season but having Beni as captain for a good years with relative success would be most welcome. We’ve been crying out for someone like him for ages. Someone that plays with heart on his sleeve. He is not Premiership standard and he may be ok in the Championship, but you can already see he is a player you’d hate to be up against as he gives absolutely everything. And he is number 4. Written in the stars to be a Pars legend. 

15 hours ago, DAFC. said:

We’ve not had a proper captain for a while I don’t think btw. Don’t know if it’s achievements this season but having Beni as captain for a good years with relative success would be most welcome. We’ve been crying out for someone like him for ages. Someone that plays with heart on his sleeve. He is not Premiership standard and he may be ok in the Championship, but you can already see he is a player you’d hate to be up against as he gives absolutely everything. And he is number 4. Written in the stars to be a Pars legend. 

I'd agree and I'd love to be wrong but I don't think he will have the legs for the longevity to be a legend.

Class in this league and will be great for young lads like Kerr to learn from and demands a lot from his defence.

30 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Bene is more than capable of playing championship football.  Can't think of any of our first team that aren't capable of playing in the league above. Obviously that varies from lower end to top end.

Tbf this team was relegated from the championship. We have only signed 2 players in bene and hamilton and the rest are loans. Ok we are more solid and the younger guys have a year under their belt but I wouldnt assume we are comfortable going into the championship

Edited by Fifes Elite Force

I think if you look at the players that played under Grant/Hughes and how brutal they were and the improvement made, glaring examples being Chalmers and Todd (but everyone really) I dont think comparing this team with the team that got relegated is viable.  

Now with a young but competent manager they are showing the quality and drive they really have, not the shite that was produced under 2 terrible regimes. 

It would serve us well to forget 2021/22 forever. 

IIRC, we had a quote from one of the board/sponsors when we were not long out of admin and it was a hefty 6 figure sum to covert the stand back to terracing. I’m sure fans could muck in and help out if there was a will to do it.

Or just make a solid gold terrace like some lower league Incas when we eventually sell Marty Todd.