Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Maybe taken him a bit of time to get across to the Kingdom and do all the media stuff this morning. We normally announce signings late afternoon.

Na. My completely baseless theory is far more exciting....

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Na. My completely baseless theory is far more exciting....

Agreed. 

I'll now be slightly disappointed if it's only the CB we announce, despite the fact I 've been greeting on about new CB for weeks.

A couple of Ewan Otoo's family have started following the Pars twitter feed. Sure thing now.

Edited by Chubbychops

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I love this team :wub:

I wasn't saying that at half time but fair fuks.

Went for the throat when given an opportunity.  You get the feeling that was a defining moment in the championship race.

Still loads of hard games left but we seem to find a way without being that impressive.

This league is much harder than the one we won back in 2015/16

Edited by Chubbychops

Loved the unity today.   You see the unused subs rushing in towards the celebrations of the 4th and at FT hamilton is running towards otoo to embrace him,   it would be easy for a man who has been hooked after 30 minutes to be a bit pissed off,  but he's delighted to congratulate the player who replaced him despite being at the club a day.

On 10/02/2023 at 11:52, CallumPar said:

Good news. Hopefully the guy comes in and does well. Really pleased that it’s someone who can cover LB too. On paper, sounds like some very good business for us.

edit - do Celtic B not play their home games at Airdrie? Should know the pitch well, if so.

Otto was outstanding when he came on, arguably MOM

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I wasn't saying that at half time but fair fuks.

Went for the throat when given an opportunity.  You get the feeling that was a defining moment in the championship race.

Still loads of hard games left but we seem to find a way without being that impressive.

This league is much harder than the one we won back in 2015/16

No I wasn't saying that at half time either, although I think we have played worse than we did in the opening 45 and weren't punished.

But the team clearly have a great unity and spirit as I think they were the only ones to back themselves to get back into it. Doubt many folk watching thought we would go on an win.

8 hours ago, 101 said:

No I wasn't saying that at half time either, although I think we have played worse than we did in the opening 45 and weren't punished.

But the team clearly have a great unity and spirit as I think they were the only ones to back themselves to get back into it. Doubt many folk watching thought we would go on a win.

We collapsed after the disallowed goal. Thought Airdrie had a lot of the ball, but we’d had all of the chances until they took the lead. After the first goal though, we couldn’t have argued if we’d been 3/4-0 down at HT. We just fell apart and they looked very good.

We started brightly after HT. McCann had a great effort from distance that the keeper got his fingertips to. Then we lost another soft goal on a counterattack. Thought we might crumble again, but the team stuck in and deservedly won in the end.

I’ll be honest. I thought bringing Mahon on ahead of Mochrie/KRH was the wrong decision. But he played very well and completely proved me wrong. McPake has a very good habit of getting it right, even when it seems strange to us mere mortals.

Matty Todd is the best midfielder in this division, there is no doubt about it. What a player he’s turning into.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

Matty Todd is the best midfielder in this division, there is no doubt about it. What a player he’s turning into.

Any scouts reading, this is clearly nonsense Matty Todd is best avoided and Aaron Splaine is a far superior CM.

Who was the last Dunfermline manager that could have changed it and had a system to come back into a game 3 scud down for all their positives or negatives I don't think,

Hughes, Grant, Crawford, AJ, Potter could have. Obviously JJ did it against Stenny but he wasn't renowned for being able to change a game during the 90.