Walking Down The Halbeath Road

37 minutes ago, Just a bairn said:

Great bit of business to be fair. Is 30% common nowadays? It’s been so long…

Nah, think the 30% was only agreed if we let him leave when he did for what he did (think it was about £250k).

30 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Other things we need:

A bigger Elvis statue in Legends

Scoreboard

Fill in the corners with seats

Buy out the KDM sponsorship

Change seat colour across whole ground 

Top up the USH meter

A stripper pole in the players lounge 

Buy a lowland league club in the inevitable event of insolvency we've been warned about again

Buy Kevin Nisbet

Finally build that hotel.

42 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Scoreboard

Fill in the corners with seats

Have some ambition ffs.

500" screen for every stand.

Doubling the height of every stand and filling in the corners with massive tropical fish tanks.

I'd actually quite like a Scoreboard, small one like Easter Road between the top and bottom tier of the main stand or something. Not sure it could go anywhere else. We were meant to be getting one as we were a ground picked to host Scotland ladies games for a tournament but it got binned around the covid period, was mentioned at a PSC meeting by Ross McCarthur.

What was the crack with the Elvis statue? I know we had one, but why? Sure some of the players got photos with it alongside the Scottish Cup when we were on our 2004 run to the final.

39 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I'd actually quite like a Scoreboard, small one like Easter Road between the top and bottom tier of the main stand or something. Not sure it could go anywhere else. We were meant to be getting one as we were a ground picked to host Scotland ladies games for a tournament but it got binned around the covid period, was mentioned at a PSC meeting by Ross McCarthur.

Not quite - we were going to host games in the 2019 UEFA European Under-19 Women's Championships but for some reason they decided at the last minute to move the games that were due to be played at East End to somewhere else (think it was Forthbank). It was probably just as well we didn't host, as the Scoreboard was rather tin-pot - I can't find any good images bit at Firhill it was plonked in the open end behind the goals and looked like one of the old Subbuteo scoreboards that was plain black with "HOME" and "VISITORS" in plain white writing and a tacky 7-segment display like you'd get on an old Casio Calculator.

2 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

Great bit of business to be fair. Is 30% common nowadays? It’s been so long…

We had rejected a higher offer I beleive from Dundee United, which didn't have a sell on IIRC, in favour of the Hibs one which was a good bit lower, but with what is a fairly substantial sell on. 

Being greedy I wish Hibs had accepted the offer from Birmingham last January (rumoured to be 3.5 million), but it's still worked out pretty well. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Not quite - we were going to host games in the 2019 UEFA European Under-19 Women's Championships but for some reason they decided at the last minute to move the games that were due to be played at East End to somewhere else (think it was Forthbank). It was probably just as well we didn't host, as the Scoreboard was rather tin-pot - I can't find any good images bit at Firhill it was plonked in the open end behind the goals and looked like one of the old Subbuteo scoreboards that was plain black with "HOME" and "VISITORS" in plain white writing and a tacky 7-segment display like you'd get on an old Casio Calculator.

Ah thanks for clearing that up, wasn’t 100% sure. Sure there was some mention of floodlights getting revamped too.

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

You can't even see the score board from that stand we were in, so yeh it clearly wasn't best thought out.

If we are going to get something it should be fully customizable for things like the 50/50 number and should we ever need it to confirm a 'VAR check'

6 minutes ago, forzapars said:

New deal until 2024 for Josh Edwards seemingly on the cards according to Scott Burns of the Daily Record.

That'd be very good buisness, was convinced he'd be away. 

Best left back in the league by a mile.