Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

An ‘absolute dud’ would not have got you promoted. He hit the target of promotion, regardless of how he got there. Your strange posts are just as bad as the ones overhyping his success and it’s strange that you can’t see that. As I’ve said, I think he got the job done, but ultimately, change was needed at Dundee. He’s learned from that and has possibly become a better manager.

An ‘absolute dud’ would come into the club, talk about winning the league, then get sacked after no wins in the first 12 games. Conceding about 30 goals in the process. Alternatively, another absolute dud would come in, sign a load of duds and try to pass teams to death, whilst in a relegation battle.

Trust me, you’re in the totally wrong place if you’re trying to argue that a manager who hit his targets was an ‘absolute dud’. As I’ve already said, I agree with some of your assessments, but this is a ridiculous thing to say.

I mean, that's just nonsense.

An absolute dud can get teams promoted if they're getting cash thrown at them hand over fist.  Charlie Adam single handedly dragged us through the play offs in spite of McPake's terrible management.

You call my posts 'strange', yet you are the one trying to lecture Dundee fans on how he did at our club. The thing that I initially questioned was that he had done something at the first attempt - which was not the case. 

Just because a manager is not John Hughes or Peter Grant does not mean they escape the term 'dud'. 

9 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

From his interviews where he says Edinburgh is where he wants to be at this time in his career. He has started his own academy through there. Here's a direct quote (source) :

"FC Edinburgh fits in with exactly what I want to do at this juncture in my career. There were other options on the table, including staying full-time, but the project the club is trying to build, I want to be a part of.

"I've got my eye on the other side of my playing career too. I've got coaching aspirations, I've got my licence already, UEFA A qualified, so I can dip my toes in that as well as I've just launched my own football academy so I am trying to build that up.

Plus there would be a significant fee involved (significant for our level) if he somehow changed his mind, which I can't see him doing.

Too much fact. GTF 😁

28 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Would we not have to do that regardless? We'll be due compensation for him. 

Yes we would have to pay a fee. I was more meaning they might be trying to force our hand into doing a permanent deal now for a fee rather than leaving him here on loan til his contract expires when he could leave for nothing?

17 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I mean, that's just nonsense.

An absolute dud can get teams promoted if they're getting cash thrown at them hand over fist.  Charlie Adam single handedly dragged us through the play offs in spite of McPake's terrible management.

You call my posts 'strange', yet you are the one trying to lecture Dundee fans on how he did at our club. The thing that I initially questioned was that he had done something at the first attempt - which was not the case. 

Just because a manager is not John Hughes or Peter Grant does not mean they escape the term 'dud'. 

As I said I just don’t think ‘absolute dud’ would hit their targets. It’s as simple as that. McPake hit his target in getting Dundee promoted. For me, there’s a big difference between a manager that could have done better/has room for improvement and an absolute dud. He finished 2nd in the league, behind only Hearts, who will have had a bigger budget than Dundee. He won promotion in the playoffs. Is that not what his target would have been?  Dundee were very inconsistent for the majority of that season and should have been further clear in 2nd/closer to Hearts. But he still hit his objectives. 

Yes, there are a lot of dud managers out there - I’m well aware of that! I just this assessment seems harsh.

Its football though, everyone has (and is entitled to) their own opinions. At the end of the day, I’m glad things didn’t work out for him at Dundee in the end, cause I’m glad he’s here and doing well with us. I’m sure if/when things start going wrong here, you can come and slag me off when I’m calling McPake a dud and demanding he gets sacked!

27 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Yes we would have to pay a fee. I was more meaning they might be trying to force our hand into doing a permanent deal now for a fee rather than leaving him here on loan til his contract expires when he could leave for nothing?

I suppose, I think the timing is strange but I can understand why Dundee have brought him back, last six month of his contract, have a look at him properly etc. 

He's done us a turn, he's Dundees player so I've got nae complaints about how it's turned out, hope he goes on to a good career and I wouldn't say no to taking him back next season. We're in the market for what is the 3rd choice CB though so I don't think it's disastrous, hopefully we can bring in someone as good. 

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Recording next interview for East End Tales later. 

Our guest scored one goal for us, v Hibs which won't be the game in question. 

Gavin Reilly, discussing the Cammy Bell hat trick of penalty saves? I think he scored against Hibs…

Fisher going is a bit of a hit,  already was an area we were short in and are now a team who play a back 3 with only 2 center backs 🤔.    We can adapt reasonably short term but any injuries and it will be difficult, i think we’re probably going to be starting every available defensively minded player at the club tomorrow as an example.  Need to get cover in.

Timing seems a bit odd, he can’t play for Dundee tomorrow so why not let us keep him for a few more days?

Didn’t head through today. Result exactly as I imagined, right game, gave a good account of ourselves but Thistle going through. Sounds like we had the better of the chances and should be in the hat, but I’m not overly fussed that we’re out.

Journo from the Dunf Press was doing the post match with Dave McKay. McKay said that we might see Fisher back, it’s not dead in the water.