Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

He got a two year contract after that!

I work with one of the players from that team. Says he needlessly split the League 1 promotion side up too quickly and destroyed any momentum. Says the treatment of Faz was disgraceful. Man management wasn't a strong point for AJ.

I know he got a two year contract but did he not get emptied in the January, six months into his new two year deal?

Aye I spoke with one of the players who was around just when AJ came in, said he was kept in limbo about a new deal but AJ made it sound like he wanted him, then just completely patched him.

2 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye I spoke with one of the players who was around just when AJ came in, said he was kept in limbo about a new deal but AJ made it sound like he wanted him, then just completely patched him.

The player I work with said the same thing happend to him.

Edited by Chubbychops

20 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

As a team that regularly plays 3 at the back we need at least one CB possibly another (one that could cover left back) would be good.

Sam is a big loss. He seemed to be enjoying his time with us and putting in good performances. I'm sure we can get replacements though. 

If Dundee don't play him in the next few months I would make a move for him in the summer regardless of what division we are in.

Looks like McPake has a great relationship with him and if we got promoted and Dundee don't get to the top flight I would fancy our chances of getting him back. 

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Did what? 

Got you promoted back to Premiership. Thought that was pretty obvious. Your club is rather poorly run, to say the least, therefore it was no surprise to see you sack him and appoint fucking Mark McGhee to take you straight back down.

Also, Dundee can get absolutely fucked. Can't get a daft game on and now recalling Fisher, who will no doubt not get any game time. Sound. 

19 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Got you promoted back to Premiership. Thought that was pretty obvious. Your club is rather poorly run, to say the least, therefore it was no surprise to see you sack him and appoint fucking Mark McGhee to take you straight back down.

Also, Dundee can get absolutely fucked. Can't get a daft game on and now recalling Fisher, who will no doubt not get any game time. Sound. 

Well, it's not obvious, because it was just factually wrong. He didn't get us back up at the first time of asking nor even anywhere close to that.

Is it? We are a managers dream (up until McPake) as they get lots of money thrown their way and get to do whatever they want. They also get a huge amount of time to get things right well beyond what most managers would get at other clubs. Let's not pretend that getting Dundee up at the second attempt after having a huge budget, never being involved in a title challenge and slugging it out with you lot, part-time Arbroath and Raith is some massive achievement. We were going right back down under him despite him being given in his own words before the season started, 'a budget to challenge for the top 6'.

We're still suffering from his tenure now from his constant signing of his mates to long, expensive contracts. 

ETA: Again, as I say, I'm glad he's doing very well with you guys, but the rewriting of history here for what was an absolute dud who was fast becoming a joke figure at us until we appointed an even bigger one is some laugh.

Edited by Ludo*1

Fontaine would be a solid replacement. Although we’d badly miss Fisher’s mobility, Fontaine could easily keep us solid until the end of the season, so secure the title. Can he train FT though? Gone to PT, may have other commitments and has a long injury history. No idea who would be available, whether on loan or permanent. Important that we bring in the right player to replace him, as our success so far has been based on our solid defence, which he was a big part of. Think it’s a good spot for a younger player, like Fisher was, playing in a 3 with someone like Benedictus leading the defence.

No chance Dundee have recalled Fisher and don’t plan to play him. It would not benefit anyone to recall him, unless he’s part of the first team plans. Kid’s playing here every week and doing well. Would stall his progress and p*ss him off if they don’t play him. Then he’d leave in the summer without negotiating a new contract.

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

No chance Dundee have recalled Fisher and don’t plan to play him. It would not benefit anyone to recall him, unless he’s part of the first team plans. Kid’s playing here every week and doing well. Would stall his progress and p*ss him off if they don’t play him. Then he’d leave in the summer without negotiating a new contract.

I've no evidence to suggest this is true but I wonder if Dundee found out we're talking to him about a pre-contract & recalled him to try & tempt us to pay a small fee to keep him til the end of the season?

Just now, da_no_1 said:

I've no evidence to suggest this is true but I wonder if Dundee found out we're talking to him about a pre-contract & recalled him to try & tempt us to pay a small fee to keep him til the end of the season?

Would we not have to do that regardless? We'll be due compensation for him. 

I haven't seen much if any of Dundee this season but I'd expect him to be in and around their first team, bearing in mind it's a division up. For his first few games with us he was on the bench and got in due to a change in formation. If he can get in the team I'd be shocked if he doesn't at least have 10 starts for Dundee by the end of the season.

Just now, Grant228 said:

Would we not have to do that regardless? We'll be due compensation for him. 

Think so, was mentioned briefly at the PSC meeting through the night. McPake said he didn't know how it worked anymore, what the fee would be, if one would be required etc, think he made resemblances to the hand ball rule as it's all a bit vague, but the gut feeling is yes a development fee would be due. 

13 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

ETA: Again, as I say, I'm glad he's doing very well with you guys, but the rewriting of history here for what was an absolute dud who was fast becoming a joke figure at us until we appointed an even bigger one is some laugh.

An ‘absolute dud’ would not have got you promoted. He hit the target of promotion, regardless of how he got there. Your strange posts are just as bad as the ones overhyping his success and it’s strange that you can’t see that. As I’ve said, I think he got the job done, but ultimately, change was needed at Dundee. He’s learned from that and has possibly become a better manager.

An ‘absolute dud’ would come into the club, talk about winning the league, then get sacked after no wins in the first 12 games. Conceding about 30 goals in the process. Alternatively, another absolute dud would come in, sign a load of duds and try to pass teams to death, whilst in a relegation battle.

Trust me, you’re in the totally wrong place if you’re trying to argue that a manager who hit his targets was an ‘absolute dud’. As I’ve already said, I agree with some of your assessments, but this is a ridiculous thing to say.

13 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

You know this how?

From his interviews where he says Edinburgh is where he wants to be at this time in his career. He has started his own academy through there. Here's a direct quote (source) :

"FC Edinburgh fits in with exactly what I want to do at this juncture in my career. There were other options on the table, including staying full-time, but the project the club is trying to build, I want to be a part of.

"I've got my eye on the other side of my playing career too. I've got coaching aspirations, I've got my licence already, UEFA A qualified, so I can dip my toes in that as well as I've just launched my own football academy so I am trying to build that up.

Plus there would be a significant fee involved (significant for our level) if he somehow changed his mind, which I can't see him doing.

Edited by DA Baracus