Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Aye, I presume Fenton is the back up option for Edwards - or MacDonald, who I'm sure has played on the left before.

Mahon is only 19 and has a bit of pedigree going by his career to date.  He's also been with us for 3 months now, so you'd imagine if McPake wants to keep him, he sees a player who can make some sort of impact in the 2nd half of the season now that he has settled in.  I'd guess it would be coming off the bench (barring injuries), but I'd imagine that being the same for anyone else who joins us in January.  I can't see the likes of Tiffoney or McMullen rocking up in the window and us starting to play some sort of expansive 4-4-2.

There isn't any glaringly obvious weak points in the team now, so I expect a quiet month unless someone McPake feels is a genuine upgrade on what we have comes available. 

Some more depth is needed in some places but as others have said, who's going to come and bench warm for us in L1? I'd rather roll the dice with Fenton if needs be than have someone eating a wage on the off chance they're needed.

59 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Wonder if there’s anything to the Agyeman rumour as I see the player is actually named in McPake’s Thursday interview. Normally with those things no names are mentioned, obviously McPake has played it down but he has to. 

I wonder if a swap deal could be done with either O'Hara or Todorov going up to Kelty, it would be a good deal for us if course.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I wonder if a swap deal could be done with either O'Hara or Todorov going up to Kelty, it would be a good deal for us if course.

I’d take a swap for O’Hara. Ideally I’d like to keep Todorov as he’s a big physical nuisance but I suppose if the offer was Agyeman or Todorov then I’m having the former. I just think  Todorov will offer more between now and the end of the season. I was delighted when we signed O’Hara (after a few days of letting the dust settle) mainly because he’d been a thorn in our side when playing for Alloa. He really hasn’t lived up to the hype, hat trick at Alloa, the odd goal here or there but not the guy I thought we were getting.

Edited by The Toun Clock

1 hour ago, The Toun Clock said:

I’d take a swap for O’Hara. Ideally I’d like to keep Todorov as he’s a big physical nuisance but I suppose if the offer was Agyeman or Todorov then I’m having the former. I just think  Todorov will offer more between now and the end of the season. I was delighted when we signed O’Hara (after a few days of letting the dust settle) mainly because he’d been a thorn in our side when playing for Alloa. He really hasn’t lived up to the hype, hat trick at Alloa, the odd goal here or there but not the guy I thought we were getting.

Why would O'Hara agree to move to part time football?

50 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see your manager is fair winding up DABs on Twitter. What a guy.

Hadn’t seen this until you mentioned it. I’ll never understand why grown men actually @ people on Twitter to slag them off/abuse them, based on what football team they played for/managed.

A lot of people involved in football have good things to say about McPake as a person. He probably didn’t need to reply to these tweets, but when someone’s accusing you of trying to end another player’s career, I can imagine it would be hard not to. Football fans trying to belittle the career of a professional footballer and now manager is always an odd move. “What a terrible career you’ve had” - man who has never played any level of competitive football.

We had some weirdo ‘fan’ tweeting him, slagging off our style of play last month. Top of the league and some guy went out of their way a few times to tell him he needs to change it cause it’s not good enough…

11 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Hadn’t seen this until you mentioned it. I’ll never understand why grown men actually @ people on Twitter to slag them off/abuse them, based on what football team they played for/managed.

A lot of people involved in football have good things to say about McPake as a person. He probably didn’t need to reply to these tweets, but when someone’s accusing you of trying to end another player’s career, I can imagine it would be hard not to. Football fans trying to belittle the career of a professional footballer and now manager is always an odd move. “What a terrible career you’ve had” - man who has never played any level of competitive football.

We had some weirdo ‘fan’ tweeting him, slagging off our style of play last month. Top of the league and some guy went out of their way a few times to tell him he needs to change it cause it’s not good enough…

McPake's previously said there's only a couple of people he has genuine issues with in the game and that's Craig Levein and Maurice Malpas. So don't expect dealings with those two dinosaurs if they get back in the game whilst McPake is with you.

11 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

McPake's previously said there's only a couple of people he has genuine issues with in the game and that's Craig Levein and Maurice Malpas. So don't expect dealings with those two dinosaurs if they get back in the game whilst McPake is with you.

This has improved my opinion of McPake. I will definitely be happy if Levein and Malpas remain nowhere near this club.

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would O'Hara agree to move to part time football?

Going on loan to a PT club doesn’t mean going PT, he would still train FT, topping up anything missing from PT training with us. 

FWIW I don’t see such a deal happening, all 4 of our forwards have something to offer and whilst agyeman looks a decent player and will likely sign FT at some point I haven’t seen anything to suggest he’s someone worth scrambling over.   With mcpake and MacKay both stating if there’s any doubt that with the current squads performance they’ll not pursue a deal I can’t see why they’d work too hard on this deal.

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I see your manager is fair winding up DABs on Twitter. What a guy.

It’s such a massive relief to have a guy with character which isn’t about how they exposed themselves to national media ‘for a laugh’ 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I never understand why footballers or managers are on social media, or at least don't have a private profile.

they should certainly keep a few things private,  but there’s certainly benefits from having a public profile, helps with fan relations, can keep them in the public eye if needing a move or for someone like cardle having a high profile(for Scottish football) account has helped him build a business that may see him ok once his playing days end.

On mcpake’s tweets today,  he’s stood up for himself and that’s quite good to see, not said anything controversial it’s fair enough.  he’s normally very quiet perhaps a few expected retweets involving the club or players he’s worked with nothing more.  There’s a line that needs managed but that’s not much different to ‘traditional’ media

3 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Don't mind Craig Levein tbf. 

Might be in the minrotiy but I find McPake's twitters escapades a bit of a minter tbh. 

5 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Might be in the minrotiy but I find McPake's twitters escapades a bit of a minter tbh. 

I get that. I wouldn't have liked if he was talking about Hibs on Twitter whilst he was our manager. As long as he doesn't make a habit out of it, no harm, no foul though.

11 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I’ll never understand why grown men actually @ people on Twitter to slag them off/abuse them, based on what football team they played for/managed.

Old firm twitter is genuinely unhinged. These people walk amongst us, a terrifying thought.

7 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Agree with both of those points.  Met Levein a few times he’s always had time to chat and I’ve found him very like how he is on the radio these days, quite funny and self depreciating.

Id just much rather all our staff would just say feck all on social media, stick to the job of getting us promoted.