Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

For all I thought he was a tremendous player, John Collins comes across like an idiot an awful lot.

It was embarrassing listening to him and that absolute slavering tit Allan "Biscuits" Preston during last week's Edinburgh derby. Pair of wee lassies

6 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Kevin Nisbet back to fitness and scoring. Hibs should cash-in before the end of January IMO.

Hopefully someone comes in for him before his contract runs out or he gets an extension of sorts. Plenty of money to be made from a 30% sell-on. If I remember rightly, Hibs KB’d a 3.5 mil offer from Birmingham for him. They’d have been better cashing in then as no-one is going to pay anything truly substantial for players playing in Scotland, no matter how good they are. I really can’t see a club from England paying any more than £4 mil for a player that doesn’t play for Celtic/Sevco. 

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

John Collins saying earlier how lazy Nisbet is. Five goals in five games after what, 18 months? out. 

John Collins is a fucking moron. Listen to some of the stories about him as a manager on they football podcasts and that’ll confirm just how thick the guy is. 

On 06/01/2023 at 01:10, DAFC. said:

That’d be quality. Can’t see it happening though. Only one team in Scotland has bespoke Umbro: Hearts. A club in our position will usually go for whatever is popular in the lower leagues or Scotland as a whole. TFG was incredibly popular in the early 00s in Scotland for some reason. Macron, Hummel, and obviously Joma, seem to be the most popular for clubs outside the big guns. 

Wouldn’t mind O’Neills. Done a good job with Partick’s kits it seems. Macron or Errea would be decent though. Don’t really want to see us go back to Puma and the likes of Nike/Adidas would just be catalogue numbers you see kids teams wearing at your local pitches. Looking at Scottish football as a whole this season, it seems like Joma is the most popular supplier. I like what Macron have done with Dundee United’s this year. They’d be my choice tbh.  

I’ve got a couple of Gaelic jerseys, made by O’Neills obviously. They’re absolutely brilliant quality. 

Good to see Nisbet off to a cracker after his injury. Thought we’d missed our opportunity at a pay day after his poor form and injury, might be a possibility again. 

11 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Hopefully someone comes in for him before his contract runs out or he gets an extension of sorts. Plenty of money to be made from a 30% sell-on. If I remember rightly, Hibs KB’d a 3.5 mil offer from Birmingham for him. They’d have been better cashing in then as no-one is going to pay anything truly substantial for players playing in Scotland, no matter how good they are. I really can’t see a club from England paying any more than £4 mil for a player that doesn’t play for Celtic/Sevco. 

John Collins is a fucking moron. Listen to some of the stories about him as a manager on they football podcasts and that’ll confirm just how thick the guy is. 

McGeady could be a godsend for Nisbet, pinging balls at his feet. With clubs watching Porteous, Nisbet is bound to draw attention too. Said it before on here but Kevin Thomson outlined some grim behaviour from Collins. Tbf to Collins he was a huge success as a player but what worked for him might not work for everyone and he seemed to be very tough on players that were not carbon copies of him.

15 hours ago, smpar said:

I’ve got a couple of Gaelic jerseys, made by O’Neills obviously. They’re absolutely brilliant quality. 

I've family in Ireland and have a couple of O'Neill's items too, quality is very good and they do a good number of bespoke items from what I've seen.

12 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Confirmed with Glentoran now:

Was the offer to “blow them out the water” a fart against thunder then?

I would have been surprised if he came to us when he can end his career in his home country. Good luck to him. 

19 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Was the offer to “blow them out the water” a fart against thunder then?

I would have been surprised if he came to us when he can end his career in his home country. Good luck to him. 

No idea but it was also reported by the Courier as you can see.

Not sure what McGinn would have added to our team. He’d add ‘experience’ but I can’t see who he’d get a game ahead of. Would rather see us bring in someone like Agyeman, who would offer a different threat and he’d be someone we could develop and make money from selling on.

I do think adding some experience would be good. But has to be someone who’d also add something to the team with their ability too.

4 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

To be fair the courier did post exactly that a matter of minutes ago but looks like he’s going to Glentoran. 

F6C1A242-97E2-4251-B072-1029FC3E5073.jpeg

Seemed very odd timing for the story, I would have thought when a player is moving so far it's all tied up well before an hour or 2 before he signs officially, unless of course his agent thought they could get an improved offer from Glentoran before he signed on the dotted line.

22 minutes ago, 101 said:

Seemed very odd timing for the story, I would have thought when a player is moving so far it's all tied up well before an hour or 2 before he signs officially, unless of course his agent thought they could get an improved offer from Glentoran before he signed on the dotted line.

Aye, todays movement screams agent trying to squeeze a few more quid out of Glentoran