Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yeah. From what I heard, the relationship with Joma is dead. Two sides to every story, but apparently the feeling at the club was that we didn’t get the same service that we used to. Will be good to get a fresh start and hopefully some new ideas. Will be very disappointing if we don’t get bespoke kits anymore though.

We didn’t plan for a third kit this season, but Joma refused to produce/provide anymore home or away tops after first batch sold out and gave us a rubbish catalogue third kit instead. Of course, both parties knew the deal was up and wouldn’t be renewed before we requested more tops, so it’s possibly not a great surprise that they weren’t very accommodating. But it seems like very poor customer service anyway - particularly since the contract with Joma doesn’t expire until June.

Fans of other clubs probably better to ask about quality of other suppliers, but Macron kits always looked quite decent. Hopefully we don’t go for some sort of Nike/Adidas catalogue kit, that will be worn by Sunday league teams.

58 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yeah. From what I heard, the relationship with Joma is dead. Two sides to every story, but apparently the feeling at the club was that we didn’t get the same service that we used to. Will be good to get a fresh start and hopefully some new ideas. Will be very disappointing if we don’t get bespoke kits anymore though.

We didn’t plan for a third kit this season, but Joma refused to produce/provide anymore home or away tops after first batch sold out and gave us a rubbish catalogue third kit instead. Of course, both parties knew the deal was up and wouldn’t be renewed before we requested more tops, so it’s possibly not a great surprise that they weren’t very accommodating. But it seems like very poor customer service anyway - particularly since the contract with Joma doesn’t expire until June.

Fans of other clubs probably better to ask about quality of other suppliers, but Macron kits always looked quite decent. Hopefully we don’t go for some sort of Nike/Adidas catalogue kit, that will be worn by Sunday league teams.

Always got the sense when big Andy Borrowman was there we got some perks, but no idea if that's just a feeling, stuff like running out of home kits and stuff didn't happen when he was involved, that said maybe they are more popular now.

As long as we get bespoke kits I'd be happy with anyone providing they are of a suitable quality.

Miller Fenton's loan deal with Berwick was only until January hopefully we can get him out to a L2 side now he has had some game time (11apps) albeit without setting the heather alight.

The quality of this season is poor. Mine has bobbled within 2 washes. Returned it and was told to make sure to wash it at 30, to which I said it's what everything is washed at anyway. 

The replacement I got did the same after 1 wash. Shite quality compared even to my previous Joma tops that didn't do this.

Edited by Heaton
Typo (40 in error. Changed to 30)

4 minutes ago, 101 said:

Miller Fenton's loan deal with Berwick was only until January hopefully we can get him out to a L2 side now he has had some game time (11apps) albeit without setting the heather alight.

He's been back at the club a while now for rehab on his injury,   meant to be back fit but Mcpake seemed to suggest he's staying as a member of the squad.  perhaps that would change if we bring in more senior left back cover,  ultimately he is beginning to reach an age where he'll need to be pushing for first team minutes reasonably soon. 

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

He's been back at the club a while now for rehab on his injury,   meant to be back fit but Mcpake seemed to suggest he's staying as a member of the squad.  perhaps that would change if we bring in more senior left back cover,  ultimately he is beginning to reach an age where he'll need to be pushing for first team minutes reasonably soon. 

Didn't realise he was even injured, yes I would hope next season he gets time in the first team, but with limited experience it's not ideal, perhaps the challenge cup is a good time to give Edwards a rest.

3 hours ago, Heaton said:

The quality of this season is poor. Mine has bobbled within 2 washes. Returned it and was told to make sure to wash it at 40, to which I said it's what everything is washed at anyway. 

The replacement I got did the same after 1 wash. Shite quality compared even to my previous Joma tops that didn't do this.

Numerous players had the numbers and letters peeling off their shirts at Kelty the other week.

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Numerous players had the numbers and letters peeling off their shirts at Kelty the other week.

That's surely an issue with us though? It'll be our kitmen/women that press the numbers onto kits. 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Bring back Umbro

That’d be quality. Can’t see it happening though. Only one team in Scotland has bespoke Umbro: Hearts. A club in our position will usually go for whatever is popular in the lower leagues or Scotland as a whole. TFG was incredibly popular in the early 00s in Scotland for some reason. Macron, Hummel, and obviously Joma, seem to be the most popular for clubs outside the big guns. 

Wouldn’t mind O’Neills. Done a good job with Partick’s kits it seems. Macron or Errea would be decent though. Don’t really want to see us go back to Puma and the likes of Nike/Adidas would just be catalogue numbers you see kids teams wearing at your local pitches. Looking at Scottish football as a whole this season, it seems like Joma is the most popular supplier. I like what Macron have done with Dundee United’s this year. They’d be my choice tbh.  

8 hours ago, CallumPar said:

We have had them all it feels like,   Prostar,  diadora, surridge, puma, macron humnel,  joma,    been with Umbro last 3 seasons and stuff is top quality with a good range,   I seem to remember pars having some umbro crackers back in the day...

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Let's be honest here, regardless of a football shirts quality or indeed manufacturer, nobody over 30 year old should be wearing them. It's like seeing plasticine squashed in a balloon older men wearing fitbaw tops. 

22 minutes ago, Wind Chime Jimmy said:

Let's be honest here, regardless of a football shirts quality or indeed manufacturer, nobody over 30 year old should be wearing them. It's like seeing plasticine squashed in a balloon older men wearing fitbaw tops. 

Bit harsh on Benedictus. Somebody should probably let the likes of Messi know that they’re too old to wear football kits as well.