Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If Dunfermline go into voluntary admin tomorrow will they be deducted 25 points? Was a precedent set with Dundee or was that because it was their second time? 25 point deduction will drop you to bottom of the league. Not the biggest immediate concern I'd imagine but hardly helpful for ongoing viability...

I suspect Dunfermline may come in for quite a harsh penalty based on the fact that they have accumulated "football debts" through the season (players wages, ticket money to Aberdeen, Hamilton, Falkirk and Cowdenbeath, etc. AND THE SFA for their cut of the Scottish Cup tie). The SFL Board are likely to use this a stick to beat Dunfermline and use them as an example to other clubs.

The SFL Board may also want to be seen (by HMRC) to be punishing the club 'appropriately' for the on-going and consistent payment issues. Footballing bodies are under real pressure and it would be a chance for the SFL to show HMRC that they genuinely take non-payment of taxes by member football clubs seriously.

Given how close to the end of the season it is, the SFL Board won't really have a huge chance to muck about. Even if they chose to relegate Dunfermline for going into voluntary administration it will have to be decided before the play-off's as there must be some sort of knock-on impact.

I still fear the worst today but.......

I really hope that if administration happens later today, that we accept whatever punishment the SFL give us without complaint.

I would also like to think that, even though a CVA may be agreed at some point in the future, some sort of group could be set-up to raise money for those local businesses who are shafted (GM excluded)

Living in a dream world I know but you can but hope......

It is absolutely imperative that Dunfermline fulfil their fixtures this season. Completely not fair to the teams who have won hard fought points against them. Correct me if I'm wrong but Falkirk stand to lose the most in that situation which is poor given we've bent over backwards to help them this season on more than one occasion.

It is absolutely imperative that Dunfermline fulfil their fixtures this season. Completely not fair to the teams who have won hard fought points against them. Correct me if I'm wrong but Falkirk stand to lose the most in that situation which is poor given we've bent over backwards to help them this season on more than one occasion.

Why is it imperative? Rovers have dropped ten points to a team which have failed to pay their wages. You could easily suggest the Pars have a squad they couldn't afford to keep. Rovers stand to go up to fourth if the Pars go bust. Not that I'd enjoy that. I'd far rather see them get shot of their c**t of an owner and live within their means.

Why is it imperative? Rovers have dropped ten points to a team which have failed to pay their wages. You could easily suggest the Pars have a squad they couldn't afford to keep. Rovers stand to go up to fourth if the Pars go bust. Not that I'd enjoy that. I'd far rather see them get shot of their c**t of an owner and live within their means.

Aye, but Falkirk will lose out!

Edit: In all seriousness, I was being slightly tongue in cheek but when you break it down;

• Dunfermline have fielded a team they couldn't afford all season
  • To fund this they have withheld ticket money from us (among others)
  • Despite this, Falkirk have gamely managed to overcome them and their superior squad and management team to the tune of two victories and a draw.
  • Dunfermline are now going to go bust, rendering that effort meaningless and plunging Falkirk into relegation danger at a time when our manager has now departed and the team is in total disarray on the pitch.

Understand that there's two ways of looking at things but there is nothing fair at all in the above situation that FFC would find themselves in.

Edited by Hughsie

Edit: In all seriousness, I was being slightly tongue in cheek but when you break it down;

• Despite this, Falkirk have gamely managed to overcome them and their superior squad and management team to the tune of two victories and a draw.
  • Dunfermline are now going to go bust, rendering that effort meaningless and plunging Falkirk into relegation danger at a time when our manager has now departed and the team is in total disarray on the pitch.

Understand that there's two ways of looking at things but there is nothing fair at all in the above situation that FFC would find themselves in.

Fair comment, despite my loyalties to RRFC!!

Wonder what the SFL will actually do , if anything, to balance out this total screw up?

I should add, I'm being tongue in cheek too!

Morton are overspending this very second, there's no way they can sustain the current squad based on the crowd size.

Yes but their sugar daddy is different to everyone else's. He's here for the long term. Nothing will ever go wrong with that set up. It's golden

Edited by roverthemoon

As far as I gather, every case is different and is decided by a panel if its SFL related

Dundee were given 25 pts deduction to start with I think and appealed and told to GTF.......

Livvy, I am guessing got relegated for going into admin......I personally think that was down to the tally owner tho being non co-operative and it being Livvy

Rangers one was delicate as they have different rules in the SPL...... ie they make it up as they go along

I lost the will to live in their case 2-3 weeks in, so I dont know if they were liquidated or just in administration and I still couldnt give a fuk whatever it is but they ended up in div 3

As I said earlier, I think these clubs who do end up in div 3 or even in the same division in these cases should suffer perhaps a 10 or 15 pts deduction for the next 3yr. I dont see why they should be able to wipe out debt so easy and come out the other end in a stronger position.

I think automatically relegating teams in administration to div 3 will seriously undermine what is already a not particularly good league. It will become almost impossible to get out of if we just have an annual cycle of 'big teams' starting over and working there way up. First Rangers, now maybe DAFC, next season Hearts and the one after Killie, who knows. Livi have already gone there and walked it. When I lived down south I joined a team in the bottom division hoping to play against other equally awful players, but the league had a rule where any team who didn't turn up to the AGM were expelled and then readmitted as a new team at the bottom, we ended up getting horsed by poorly run but technically superior teams every other week and in the end it just wasn't worth it.

Bizarrely, if Dunfermline survive then a points penalty leading to relegation might be better financially than staying in the First, given they'll have Sevco visiting twice, bringing with them TV money.

Edited by The Master

Bizarrely, if Dunfermline survive then a points penalty leading to relegation might be better financially than staying in the First, given they'll have Sevco visiting twice, bringing with them TV money.

Which is what I'm beginning to suspect has been Masterton's plans all along. A 25 point penalty imposed would put them down to 16 points, three below Airdrie, another club with a vested interest in relegation.

With the last game of the season being between Dunfermline and Airdrie on 4th May, we could see a world record number of own goals being scored!

I'm not buying the 'Dunfermline have an interest in being relegated next season' theory.

Sevco would bring a total of about 11K fans to the two games (saying they average £15 each admission fee) thats £165K. Plus a pittance of TV money.

Sevco would win the league, meaning Dunfermline would be in the playoffs, with no guarantee of winning them (anything can happen in 90 minutes of football).

They would still get decent crowds against Falkirk and Raith next season in the first division, and Id imagine higher home crowds. Look at what has happened to Clyde. It's a slippery slope outside the first division. Ross County and Partick went down and became stronger, and Id imagine QotS are about to do the same.

None of the above had a team in their division massively outspending any other club at that time though. If Dunfermline were relegated as a result of a points deduction they would not be the big fish in the small pond next season.

We've not had a good plan of how to pay the 'leccy bill so don't credit us with some cunning plan to get relegated to play The Rangers!

I echo the sentiments of other Pars - couldn't give a toss about any penalties coming our way. If we still have some sort of a club and there are points penalties, relegation and/or fines then so be it. Nobody outside DAFC put us in this position. Nobody is denying we've withheld ticket money and generally brought a farce and headaches to the league.

There is still a good fan base for a Dunfermline team and there are a number of Pars fans/businessmen with a few bob willing to invest time and money into their team - just not the current toxic version.

It's hard to see a short-term future that doesn't involve job cuts and people not being fully paid for jobs and services they carried out in good faith. If this is the case then there will be plenty of soul searching about how you really put your heart into supporting a club that has done this to people.