Walking Down The Halbeath Road

56 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

A "bad" hamstring injury for McCann according to McPake.

A worry, could be 8-12 weeks out with that,  he’s a young guy with a decent injury record so hopefully it’s at the lower end of even a bit quicker.  Thankfully he and wighton have timed their injuries so that wighton is back to top form just as he drops out.   Shows the randomness in football, start of the season we were all generally in the mindset that 4 first team strikers was a tad excessive when we typically play only one centrally and now with them all having injury concerns we are glad to have the cover.

Edited by parsforlife

For all the sensitive souls weeping after McPake's post-match comments vs Alloa, you'll be happy to know he seemed buzzing tonight.

Wee joke about his family watching the game on an illegal stream over in Spain and then recording cuts off as he starts talking about having a few beers 🍻

Well deserved.

55 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

An absolute shiter to have McCann out injured now. No proper cover for Wighton and Todorov. Can Mahon play up there ?

Mahon replaced McCann. Ended up with him and Mochrie up front. Their running did cause problems, but it meant no real goal threat, other than Todd from 40 yards…

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Mahon replaced McCann. Ended up with him and Mochrie up front. Their running did cause problems, but it meant no real goal threat, other than Todd from 40 yards…

Cheers I couldn't work out who came on sur to the quality of the stream and I had audio off. 

17 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

You lads want to slip up at some point? I can't see yous dropping many points this season, so think tittle is yours and we will be in play offs

The game at TFS in a few weeks is shaping up to be huge, immovable force and unstoppable object etc 

1138939599_Screenshot2022-10-19at11_30_15.thumb.png.e03c3164f15241fecf60122134debe62.png

Will probably be another 1-1 draw and a case of as you were 

38 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

You lads want to slip up at some point? I can't see yous dropping many points this season, so think tittle is yours and we will be in play offs

Fucking slavers man!

Its the middle of October still over 6 months of football to play.

This season is shaping up to be great fun with a potential season long head to head battle with you guys for the guaranteed escape from this pit of misery (as I’ve just posted very early to definitively say that).

Takes me back to my teenage years in the late 70’s when we last found ourselves battling it out at this level.

Hoping for a different outcome this time!

1 hour ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Fucking hell c***s haven't even been out trick or treating yet. 

There's so much more to come from this season, not least the January transfer window. 

You could also have injuries to important players that could derail us, or yourselves. Beating Clyde isn't a sign that we're not going to slip up, I don't see us winning this weekend for a start. 

Fucking hell c***s haven't even been out trick or treating yet. 
There's so much more to come from this season, not least the January transfer window. 
You could also have injuries to important players that could derail us, or yourselves. Beating Clyde isn't a sign that we're not going to slip up, I don't see us winning this weekend for a start. 
Negative Nancy.

(Would take a point on Saturday)

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

The game at TFS in a few weeks is shaping up to be huge, immovable force and unstoppable object etc 

1138939599_Screenshot2022-10-19at11_30_15.thumb.png.e03c3164f15241fecf60122134debe62.png

Will probably be another 1-1 draw and a case of as you were 

1-1? We don’t concede goals away from home, so 0-0 is the only way you’re getting a point.

In all seriousness, it’s a massive game at the start of next month. I’d expect both teams to get at least 4 points from their next 2 games. If we can beat you at TFS, we’ll be in control, but any complacency and I’d expect you to take full advantage. Injuries/suspensions concern me, but I think all teams have similar depth issues right now.

1 hour ago, Arab_R_us said:

Both bitter rivals out on their own vying for automatic promotion all season

surely what both sets of fans live for ?

Just a shame we are stuck in this hell hole of a division, regardless of that both sets of fans will no doubt turn up in good numbers again for the game at Falkirk. Think the previous fixture was the 2nd highest attended game in the country that day, this one won’t be far off it again pending where the old firm / Edinburgh teams are playing that day 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

You’re giving them too much credit, they’ve been grinding out results without really blowing anybody away. A bad run will eventually hit them as it does most sides, especially when a few injuries/suspensions get picked up.