Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just had a quick look at the fixtures, I know Palmerston isn't the happiest of hunting grounds for us but hopefully we'll have one or two in before then and get three points on the board, they've been rotten this season much to my surprise. Then away to Clyde where we really should go and win. Be brilliant to go into the Falkirk game with 6 points from the road. Taking the Dundee game out of it (for Falkirk) I reckon they'll be aiming for 6 points before we meet as well with games against Kelty (a) and home to Alloa. Saying that, both of those teams are hard to work out, if Kelty have some more players back they'll make it tough at NCP, Alloa are a bit of a lottery, have been humped this season yet gave our an absolute pasting to Peterhead on Saturday.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Any time the B teams get a decent crowd then it will be used to convince clubs to allow them to enter the league system.

They've tried forcing this through over and over again and the resistance against it must be strong.

Suprised not to see the old firm fans take more of an interest, one of their big arguments was that they would support the B team, but as far as I can tell they have never had than a few hundred at the cup games so clearly they couldn't give two hoots.

My opinion is kind of split. I don’t want to see a B team progress. But I’d also accept the club forfeiting, like we did last year. Our squad still won’t be massive and it would be annoying if a first team player picked up an injury in a challenge cup game against someone’s reserve squad.

16 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

My opinion is kind of split. I don’t want to see a B team progress. But I’d also accept the club forfeiting, like we did last year. Our squad still won’t be massive and it would be annoying if a first team player picked up an injury in a challenge cup game against someone’s reserve squad.

If I was the club then I wouldn't forfeit as that would probably create additional issues.

I'd just use it as a game for Academy players though.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

10089 saw us pumped at home to Sevco Devember 2013.

Fraser Aird, Robbie Crawford and Nicky Clark scored in that game.

I took a penalty on the pitch at HT during this game and was absolutely blootered, still scored.

No interest in the challenge cup or whatever it's called, even less interest now. They should can this competition, it's actually a pain in the arse to waste a weekend with it, by the time this round comes around you've played almost everyone in the league and the interest will be high, then this comes in. I know it's because it's an International break but I'd rather just a weekend with no club football.

Edited by The Toun Clock

31 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If I was the club then I wouldn't forfeit as that would probably create additional issues.

I'd just use it as a game for Academy players though.

I don’t think we will forfeit at all. But issue with academy players is that the u18s play on Fridays. They have a game on Friday 23rd, so it’s unlikely we’ll then play them on the Saturday too. The Friday matches are why we haven’t been naming all of the youngsters on the bench anymore, for first team games.

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I'd blood the 5 young guys, Little and the young guy from Dundee and maybe give some game time to which ever striker hasn't featured much in the run up and get some time in Dorrans and Allan on their return from injury. But I wouldn't be playing Bene, Breen, Edwards, Hamilton or Chalmers.