Walking Down The Halbeath Road

57 minutes ago, madton said:

Long had he been with you? Did he play friendly games etc?

Wondering how far away he is from match fitness.

Would have thought you would have offered him a better deal than us.

I'd say a fortnight - 3 weeks. We were told he was training and was still rumoured about 3 weeks later, then he went on trial to Dundee. He didn't play in any of our pre-season/league cup games. Could have been the odd behind closed door/bounce game but we weren't told of that, just that he trained but trained well.

Hard to say, maybe we did but he wanted to play a league up.

1 hour ago, madton said:

Long had he been with you? Did he play friendly games etc?

Wondering how far away he is from match fitness.

Would have thought you would have offered him a better deal than us.

Not sure how much we're offering these days. Would of thought it would be at least the same as any lower half pay scale championship club.

Could be a few things though, ranging from you guys pushed the boat out a bit more than we wanted to pay, location better for him. I'm sure his from Ayrshire or simply wants to play at a higher level above all else.

I was a kid watching the pars in the old division two. Saw them go up successive divisions. I was a teenager bouncing amongst the idiots in the cage against Ardrie and falkirk in the early 90"s, absolutely loved it! I was a season ticket holder during Jimmy Callderwood, David Hay and Stephen Kenny. Took a hiatus due to life and having children. Kind of switched off football until this season. Managed two games this year, Alloa and today at Kelty.

Missed being at the games but by Christ we are shite!

51 minutes ago, MuckleMoo said:

I was a kid watching the pars in the old division two. Saw them go up successive divisions. I was a teenager bouncing amongst the idiots in the cage against Ardrie and falkirk in the early 90"s, absolutely loved it! I was a season ticket holder during Jimmy Callderwood, David Hay and Stephen Kenny. Took a hiatus due to life and having children. Kind of switched off football until this season. Managed two games this year, Alloa and today at Kelty.

Missed being at the games but by Christ we are shite!

We were miles worse last season so count yourself fortunate...

Tbf yesterday was a glimpse back to last season but in League One, let's hope it doesn't continue. 

McPake needs to work out what he's doing upfront. 

If he's intent on playing a half fit Wighton he needs to be up top, through the middle....or just let the boy heal up. 

Having said that, O Hara can only play in that role. His touch is often poor and he can't beat a man. He is half decent (and half off side) at getting in on goal through the middle and poaching. 

Todorov looks a little livelier and a little hungrier at this point. I think he has almost benefitted from coming off the bench though. Start him and he'll almost certainly be shite.

McCann is what he is, a steam train. For me, he starts but why not shove him out wide instead....f**k it. 

No wingers, no party. 

Edited by Stoo61

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Yesterday was as bad as pretty much anything I seen from a Pars team . The plan of attack is a complete shambles just as bad as last year. McPake's bizzare front three needs binned ASAP.

Seemed to just be get the ball in the box as quickly as possible, no matter where you're standing on the park.

Since we used to use the same tactic playing football at lunch in high school, it seems generous to even describe it as a "plan".

Two weeks in a row we've looked better once we switched formation so hopefully McPake thinks about that ahead of Airdrie.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Yesterday was as bad as pretty much anything I seen from a Pars team . The plan of attack is a complete shambles just as bad as last year. McPake's bizzare front three needs binned ASAP.

As far as the front three go there is absolutely no link up between any of them, it's like three players playing in complete isolation with no understanding of each others movement or runs.

O'Hara running around a lot and being offside, Whighton being extremely lackadaisical and McCann being unable to time more than one jump in ten and having the first touch of an O'Hara. 

On 21/08/2022 at 17:43, Heaton said:

I don't think the formation etc we are using is by choice really. The fact we can't get and didn't have any wide men, McPake is still having to shoehorn and make the best out of what we have.

It is by choice though? I would get your argument if he wasn’t playing guys out of position, to try and shoehorn the players at the club into his preferred formation. How’s that not by choice? He’s choosing to play a formation that we don’t have the players for.

We don’t have wingers, but have players capable of playing wing back, which is why we’ve looked better when we’ve played 3-5-2. I don’t understand your argument about him being forced to play 4-3-3 with no natural wingers.

It’s odd that we have three up front yet they all manage to look isolated. Even against Alloa we suddenly looked so much better when Wighton came on and started playing close to McCann. Suddenly two players had someone to pass too or pick up their flick ons etc.