Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If that money helps fund promotion, I doubt you would find anyone at all who gives a shit about it.

A quick donder over to the East End Bounce forum would clearly suggest otherwise.

Always nice to add new opportunities for little jibs and such…

”Kinda Dumb Move Group” East End Park has a ring to it…but I’m sure there’s much better to be found.

On a more serious note, while money for little (or nothing) is quite nice, I’m in the group that dislike selling naming rights. It’s just that it seems a slippery slope from selling a little to selling a lot, and it can be addictive for the club. It also introduces another factor into the club’s thinking and decision making, outwith the fans. IDK, it just seems kinda cheap.

24 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

If that money helps fund promotion, I doubt you would find anyone at all who gives a shit about it.

Nah, some yer da types are in mourning bemoaning the fall of society as a result.

7 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

A quick donder over to the East End Bounce forum would clearly suggest otherwise.

Never even heard of that tbh.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

That was so cringeworthy that my phone snapped clean in two.

Thanks a lot.

YW, BTW, noticed this little blurb in the Dum Press (bold is mine, interesting eh?):

“In a first of its kind deal for the club, KDM Shopfitting Limited – who trade as KDM Group – have signed a long-term partnership with the Pars which will see extensive branding of the stadium along with a number of digital and experiential rights.

5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

YW, BTW, noticed this little blurb in the Dum Press (bold is mine, interesting eh?):

“In a first of its kind deal for the club, KDM Shopfitting Limited – who trade as KDM Group – have signed a long-term partnership with the Pars which will see extensive branding of the stadium along with a number of digital and experiential rights.

No, not really interesting. Just means that their name will appear on the club's social media and website.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

No, not really interesting. Just means that their name will appear on the club's social media and website.

Experiential rights…that word’s doing a power of lifting. Just seems a wee bit twiddly…but, as others have noted, the company owners seem right good Pars c**ts, so probably just fine. Nice to see them keep EEP clearly in the name, as others have noted, totally unrelated names drive ya nuts.

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Not interesting in the slightest since it's the same wording used on the club's official website that I've already read.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Dens has been called The Kilmac Stadium for about 6-7 year.

No one pays attention to it and everyone still calls it Dens except on official broadcasts.

Money for nothing basically.

Bolton are the team I think about when it comes to nam changes of the stadium. Can guarantee 90% of people would still call it the Reebok despite it changing 8 year ago. Money for nothing can’t see why anyone would complain. 

We simply need all the money we can get. Even clubs our size are going to struggle once the shit truly hits the fan next year with the soaring energy bills. Christ knows how the part-timers in League 2 are going to manage it. 

8 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We simply need all the money we can get. Even clubs our size are going to struggle once the shit truly hits the fan next year with the soaring energy bills. Christ knows how the part-timers in League 2 are going to manage it. 

Nah, not an option for the 'birthday caird pish' crowd who are all crying into their scarves and mumbling about the good old days.

12 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Seemingly there's an idea around about moving kick off times to earlier to avoid having to use the floodlights.

No idea if that is actually being genuinely considered mind, or how feasible it would be if serious.

Just a traditionalist, love a bit of tradition me. Like I say, it's all good given that the name East End is still in there and it'll probably never be mentioned anywhere of note. 

Would we change our team colours from black n white to yellow n red for a McDonalds sponsorship? Not for me. 

But aye, I feared the worst, but this is fine. 

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Seemingly there's an idea around about moving kick off times to earlier to avoid having to use the floodlights.

No idea if that is actually being genuinely considered mind, or how feasible it would be if serious.

Interesting, hadn't see this anywhere. Guess it would have to be 1pm kick off to make it guaranteed to work in December? If you calculated the collective cost for all clubs there may be a strong argument for it.

16 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think it's a totally sensible idea and why I doubt the SPFL will go for it. It would also mean you could sell more TV games.

22 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I think that makes a lot of sense actually. 

Would be easier if we didn't live in a country that kept voting for absolute c*nts to run the country, causing this economic hell for businesses and working people, but hey-ho.