Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Thought something was going on with the Crawford deal due to the time he was with us and how keen McPake sounded.

That's life as a League 1 club I suppose. Dundee might not proceed with an offer and he might still sign.

Edited by Chubbychops

2 hours ago, parsboi said:

That’s a shout, as long as we get the Livingston version where he had really bulked up and was pivotal in their success!

He’s injured just now but saw the Dundee manager the other day saying he’d look at all options including punting folk on loan. 

32 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Crawford is just on trial with us at the moment. Doesn’t mean you're out of the running.

Thought I’d missed something, when all I could see reported was that we were interested, but he’s now on trial with Dundee. Seems likely we’ve made an offer, but he had a trial arranged with Dundee already and wants to explore that option - which is understandable.

34 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

He’s injured just now but saw the Dundee manager the other day saying he’d look at all options including punting folk on loan. 

Doubt Byrne would be available.

More likely to be Finlay Robertson.

I doubt the board could have seen the extent to which the energy costs will increase, and thus the club's energy bills, so perhaps running a lighter squad will be advantageous in terms of what they're paying out in total.

Teams with larger squads will be very uncomfortable when they start getting demands for massively increased energy bills and find that they've spunked the cash on maxing out the player budget.

There's obviously a balance to be found however.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Doubt Byrne would be available.

More likely to be Finlay Robertson.

From memory was Robertson not a player that liked to sit a bit, comfortable on the ball and pass it around a bit? 

He's not really the type of midfielder we need. 

23 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

From memory was Robertson not a player that liked to sit a bit, comfortable on the ball and pass it around a bit? 

He's not really the type of midfielder we need. 

A better Graham Dorrans as it were.

13 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Efe Ambrose is apparently playing in a friendly for us tonight.

Please tell me he wasn't as bad as I think he was for you guys...

Poor buggers. Bombscare.

Loves to fanny about with wee tricks at the back rather than concentrating on the basics of defending.

Edited by Chubbychops

37 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Efe Ambrose is apparently playing in a friendly for us tonight.

Please tell me he wasn't as bad as I think he was for you guys...

An accident waiting to happen.

I remember him making an error at Killie which let them back into the game and he also got sent off in play-off tie with QP.

I'm sure he could be solid enough but not worth the mistakes that will inevitably arrive.

48 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Cheers chaps.

He's been using our facilities to stay fit over the summer so maybe we're just letting him play to get match fit and get a deal somewhere else? Probably wishful thinking.

He is box office though. One minute he's skinning attackers in his own box, the next minute he's completely misjudging the flight of the ball and, oops, you're 1-0 down. Never a dull moment.

Let's just hope your other CB can run faster than a sloth with indigestion.