Jump to content

Walking Down The Halbeath Road


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

not sure mate, All i know is Mochrie was at the game Saturday and Mcpake is facing a little bit of a battle getting the move approved. The player wants to go, the Manager wants him so hopefully it happens. 

Is the Mochrie situation likely to be resolved his week,    would the Pars sign him and CRawford or will it be either or...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is the Mochrie situation likely to be resolved his week,    would the Pars sign him and CRawford or will it be either or...
No idea. Its seems he is not being listened too and he is getting very frustrated.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, lochgellyPAR said:


Are you his Dad or his agent?

Players families on P&B has in the past had some glorious ramifications, here's hoping this one ends in a belting headstone moment.

Edited by cb_diamond
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 31/07/2022 at 02:05, Captain Saintsible said:

I hate Dunfermline 

i know my history and I know what occurred in the 1961 Scottish Cup Semi Final that triggered Dunfermline’s subsequent success and my club’s decline

You are where you belong now 

 

Haha what a complete walloper you are

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

Players families on P&B has in the past had some glorious ramifications, here's hoping this one ends in a belting headstone moment.

Lewis Spence’s (who went from Pars to Dundee) dad went on a Pars site and would call out fans who criticised his wee boy. Spence also came back from a team holiday sporting a black eye after a disagreement with Ben Richards Everton (a good couple of feet bigger than Spence in every direction) so it’s easy to see where his temperament came from. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Lewis Spence’s (who went from Pars to Dundee) dad went on a Pars site and would call out fans who criticised his wee boy. Spence also came back from a team holiday sporting a black eye after a disagreement with Ben Richards Everton (a good couple of feet bigger than Spence in every direction) so it’s easy to see where his temperament came from. 

Conclusive proof that the old adage "crazy beats big" isn't always the case!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Genuinely thought something would've happened by this stage of the week due to names being mentioned in the Courier at the end of last week. 

Truely the most fuckin boring summer transfer window since the embargo 9 years ago.

Edited by Chubbychops
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Genuinely thought something would've happened by this stage of the week due to names being mentioned in the Courier at the end of last week. 

Truely the most fuckin boring summer transfer window since the embargo 9 years ago.

Despite the embargo, we had 5 new players by the end of July that summer! 1 permanent (James Washburn, whoever he is?) and 4 loans - Ryan Scully, Ryan Ferguson, Jordan Moore and Luke Johnston. So we’re somehow 2 players behind where we were when we had a transfer embargo! That being said, Benedictus and Hamilton make me more enthusiastic about our chances than any of those players did.

It’s worrying that we seem to be struggling to complete these deals. Crawford’s a free agent and Mochrie isn’t part of United’s plans this season, they know they want to loan him out. These deals should be relatively straightforward to complete. Guys that should be desperate to get a club where they’ll get regular game time.

Also worth noting that you can play trialists in League One. A bit surprised we didn’t even put Crawford (or any other trialists?) on the bench at the weekend.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, smpar said:

Has any other SPFL club had a quieter summer than ourselves?

I'd imagine Peterhead would be the obvious candidates in our league and Elgin & Albion seem to have been fairly quiet.

Above us obviously Morton have told Imrie that 3/4 of a squad is all he is getting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Despite the embargo, we had 5 new players by the end of July that summer! 1 permanent (James Washburn, whoever he is?) and 4 loans - Ryan Scully, Ryan Ferguson, Jordan Moore and Luke Johnston. So we’re somehow 2 players behind where we were when we had a transfer embargo! That being said, Benedictus and Hamilton make me more enthusiastic about our chances than any of those players did.

It’s worrying that we seem to be struggling to complete these deals. Crawford’s a free agent and Mochrie isn’t part of United’s plans this season, they know they want to loan him out. These deals should be relatively straightforward to complete. Guys that should be desperate to get a club where they’ll get regular game time.

Also worth noting that you can play trialists in League One. A bit surprised we didn’t even put Crawford (or any other trialists?) on the bench at the weekend.

Got Robert Thomson in as well iirc.

 

I half thought that about Crawford being a trialist but could you imagine he played, picks up and injury and is left humped.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Got a strong feeling that by the end of today we will be no further forward with recruitment.

 

giphy.gif

I agree this season recruitment has been a cluster f**k so far. Leaving it to late in window is wrong IMO. And I don’t agree market has been slow. Whoever is dealing with signings hasn’t learnt there lesson from previous two windows 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SRB said:

I agree this season recruitment has been a cluster f**k so far. Leaving it to late in window is wrong IMO. And I don’t agree market has been slow. Whoever is dealing with signings hasn’t learnt there lesson from previous two windows 

Dunfermline should be able to blow most clubs out the water wit wages and signings especially loanees,   is your financial situation holding you back is Grant and Yogi still on the monthly payroll, if so it makes sense...

 

This is a mind numbing league when it gets going, but is hard to get out of, ask Falkirk,   we seem to have the title deeds of League 1 as well..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...