Walking Down The Halbeath Road

15 hours ago, Airduray Diamond said:

How has kyle Mcdonald got on since he returned from loan, for us he looked a shadow of what he used to be, can see him being a problem for you guys if he’s a starter

Plenty effort but as many others have said, his final ball is poor. I recall him playing wide right when Yogi first came in, this was because he had a good final ball but yesterday was woeful. I genuinely think he could play and play well as a sitter or even centre mid, he's looks physical with a decent engine and isn't bad on the ball until it comes to crossing.

17 minutes ago, par-adise said:

Yep he just isn't a winger. Nor are Wighton or O'Hara. Squad is very unbalanced as a hangover from last season so these guys are playing out of position. Hope they don't become a scapegoat as a result.

O'Hara is a weird one. He's got the pace to play wider but rarely beats a man going past them. So you get him to play through the middle and he ends up taking up wider positions. He's not the penalty box poacher I thought we might be getting after his Alloa stint.

Wighton was decent when he came on, didn't do much but what he did do he done well. In terms of ability he's a very good footballer, he'll come good. Again, he played wider for Dundee and didn't become a 'number 9' until he joined Hearts.

FWIW, Chalmers is a bit of a scapegoat but I thought he had a good game on Saturday.

I don't buy into the scapegoat thing. He's a midifleder that doesn't like tackling and he doesn't offer very much other than short passes. It's really not fine for a midfielder to offer so little. I don't want the guy getting abuse or anything. I just want him replaced with a more effective midfielder.

1 minute ago, Chubbychops said:

I don't buy into the scapegoat thing. He's a midifleder that doesn't like tackling and he doesn't offer very much other than short passes. It's really not fine for a midfielder to offer so little. I don't want the guy getting abuse or anything. I just want him replaced with a more effective midfielder.

I know what you're saying but say Todd's goal doesn't go in on Saturday and we finish 0-0, there would definitely be posts on dotnet/here/socials talking about how poor the performance was. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see some individual posts about certain players and someone like Chalmers getting mentioned in a negative way.

I noticed Chalmers wife tweeted a photo of their son in his pars kit outside the footstep of legends wall saying how happy the wee boy was being able to go and cheer on his dad and that they'll be right behind him in support this season. No doubts he's aware of the stick he's received (some of it totally warranted) but I just hope he goes on to prove us all wrong this season.

Guys like Jamie McCunnie/Scott Muirhead were scapegoals as well. Aye they weren't brilliant but they'd have to have an absolute worldy just to get praise. The star striker could miss numerous chances and no one notices, yet one of the guys mentioned could play brilliant for 85 mins but misplace one pass and hear the groans from the stand. It happens all the time at East End and throughout Scottish football. Fans make their mind up on players fairly quickly.

Going back a bit now but as I remember it McCunnie was a honking right back but actually quite a tidy midfielder. Unfortunately for him he seemed to be used more as a right back.

Saturday was a drab watch. Pretty solid defensively but we just lack any creativity. If the unbalance in the squad means you have to have three strikers on the pitch then I'm not against playing pretty agricultural stuff up to McCann and Todorov with Wighton or O'Hara running off them. Rather than trying to play two of them as ineffective wingers.

20 hours ago, 101 said:

Well it's not red tape then or anything to do with their nationality unless Im missing something?

not sure mate, All i know is Mochrie was at the game Saturday and Mcpake is facing a little bit of a battle getting the move approved. The player wants to go, the Manager wants him so hopefully it happens. 

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Wingers needed. Couple of players with creativity and maybe someone supplementing the midfield with a bit of dig.

I believe McCann will bag double figures this season.

8 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

He absolutely is a scapegoat for the support, rightly or wrongly.

13 hours ago, Arab_R_us said:

not sure mate, All i know is Mochrie was at the game Saturday and Mcpake is facing a little bit of a battle getting the move approved. The player wants to go, the Manager wants him so hopefully it happens. 

Is the Mochrie situation likely to be resolved his week,    would the Pars sign him and CRawford or will it be either or...

11 hours ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Are you his Dad or his agent?

Players families on P&B has in the past had some glorious ramifications, here's hoping this one ends in a belting headstone moment.

Edited by cb_diamond

On 31/07/2022 at 02:05, Captain Saintsible said:

I hate Dunfermline 

i know my history and I know what occurred in the 1961 Scottish Cup Semi Final that triggered Dunfermline’s subsequent success and my club’s decline

You are where you belong now 

Haha what a complete walloper you are