Walking Down The Halbeath Road

29 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I don't feel bad for him in the slightest tbh.

Either he knew what the constraints would be and accepted the job anyway or he didn't do his due diligence before signing up.

In terms of football management, in mcpakes shoes there’s not many jobs he could say no to.

Depends on what targets he’s been set internally as well.

Thursday Pars fans. From memory usually quite a consistent pen gif day, be nice to get a couple of the recently named players in the door today. I’d stick the house on us signing Crawford since he’s been training with us, Mochrie would be decent from what I’ve seen so I’d very much welcome this too. 

If Mochrie can play wide then great, but of he's more a central player then we're going to have another very unbalanced squad. Grant had a couple of wingers but wanted to play a system without any, McPake looks to want to play with some width but we don't have any. Plus la change... 

What happened with that young guy we had who was a right back but could also play further forward? Did we end up signing him?

Still also need a third centre back.

51 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

If Mochrie can play wide then great, but of he's more a central player then we're going to have another very unbalanced squad. Grant had a couple of wingers but wanted to play a system without any, McPake looks to want to play with some width but we don't have any. Plus la change... 

What happened with that young guy we had who was a right back but could also play further forward? Did we end up signing him?

Still also need a third centre back.

I think if Mochrie is signed it'll be as one of wide positions in the front 3. Crawford would be welcome and puts Chalmers further down the pecking order. After that I'd be looking for at least another centre half and another wife player.

9 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

I think if Mochrie is signed it'll be as one of wide positions in the front 3. Crawford would be welcome and puts Chalmers further down the pecking order. After that I'd be looking for at least another centre half and another wife player.

Stephen Husband

15 hours ago, lochgellyPAR said:

I really think we’ll struggle to get up this season due to our bench atm. If we’re not winning the game we don’t really have anyone to bring on to change that. I feel for McPake being left with doodoo players and no budget to bring in any decent ones

I don't.

He knew the task at hand, and if he thought he couldn't handle it, he'd have walked away from the negotiation table. In saying that, I am absolutely willing to give him a couple seasons to get out this league because last season has completely screwed us. Expecting very little at all this season. The additions of Benedictus and Hamilton have been very good ones for this level, but we need a good few of that ilk if we are wanting to be title contenders, and it just isn't going to happen due to the clusterfuck in our finances caused by last season. Will gladly be proved wrong, but even a few game-changers for the bench probably isn't going to happen. Our bench is frightening at the moment. Todorov, Chalmers and about 6 kids. Grim. 

I feel for any manager at our level struggling to get folk signing. It’s clearly been a massive problem for a lot of Scottish teams in this window, not just us.
I somehow doubt that if we’d had someone else at the reigns our window would have been any better. I’m still hopeful we can get 2 or 3 names to paper at least before the window ends but to an extent we’ll just have to wait our turn

1 hour ago, Stoo61 said:

Could have had Hamilton and Pybus battling for the DM position...what a dream.

Alas, its Chalmers.

Let's be totally honest, if Dan Pybus was still here he wouldn't be challenging Chris Hamilton for the DM position. Will never fault DP's effort but he wasn't a great footballer, he won POTY as he became a bit of a cult hero with the YT because his name had the word bus in it and there wasn't another person who had done anything of note.

Now would I sooner have Pybus as part of the squad than Chalmers? Probably. That being said, neither had the full package. Pybus didn't have much technical ability, whereas Chalmers is okay on the ball, just a bit of a sh*tebag about it. Chalmers doesn't have the effort and fight, whereas Pybus would at least try and get stuck in and run around. Maybe we could melt them down and create a decent all round midfielder, Dan Chalmers.

23 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

he became a bit of a cult hero with the YT because his name had the word bus in it

😂

This is preposterous but also 100% true.

The fact he hasn't found a new club yet should tell you all you need to know, especially considering some of the utter shite getting offered deals.

Thought Thomas won POTY? Pybus got the coaches' player of the year.

Wouldn't take him back, although would prefer him over Chalmers.

Hope Chalmers is seething about being called pish and in response bangs in a couple of screamers on Saturday after putting in a magical MOTM performance where he runs the game and had Alloa players bemused, and that he furiously runs towards the NW giving it the 'shhhhh!' after each goal. Would also accept the 'hand cupping ears' gesture as well.

[emoji23]
This is preposterous but also 100% true.
The fact he hasn't found a new club yet should tell you all you need to know, especially considering some of the utter shite getting offered deals.
Because he is indeed shite. And when folk look by the 'running around a lot' and look at what he actually brings to the side, it's very little. I wonder if he'll badmouth you when he gets a new club as well [emoji57]