Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Can we have some other players then please? You've surely got some to offload?

I reckon McPake will go for a couple of our younger players once Bowyer has an idea of the squad. 

Finlay Robertson was a real talent and McPake’s personal favourite. Made the breakthrough at 16 but stagnated since that first season. Kind of a make or break season for him so would be good to see him outperform Dorrans once again like he did for us. 

Lyell Cameron is another possibility if needing an attacking midfielder. Got rave reviews at Peterhead and looks on the cusp of breaking through for us. You might remember him as the lad McPake threw under the bus in a game against you lot and subbed at half time after you were all over us at your ground but he's been impressive.

Other than those two, I can't think of anyone that'd be suitable for you to loan or that we won't need for our squad. I'm sure we'll be more than willing to help out though as Nelms still loves his 'son' McPake and he played a massive role with our current batch of youth. The problem is that they seem like being the key players rather than the expendables.

30 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

I reckon McPake will go for a couple of our younger players once Bowyer has an idea of the squad. 

Finlay Robertson was a real talent and McPake’s personal favourite. Made the breakthrough at 16 but stagnated since that first season. Kind of a make or break season for him so would be good to see him outperform Dorrans once again like he did for us. 

Lyell Cameron is another possibility if needing an attacking midfielder. Got rave reviews at Peterhead and looks on the cusp of breaking through for us. You might remember him as the lad McPake threw under the bus in a game against you lot and subbed at half time after you were all over us at your ground but he's been impressive.

Other than those two, I can't think of anyone that'd be suitable for you to loan or that we won't need for our squad. I'm sure we'll be more than willing to help out though as Nelms still loves his 'son' McPake and he played a massive role with our current batch of youth. The problem is that they seem like being the key players rather than the expendables.

We're a League 1 and so will take what we can!

Also, won't be hard to outperform Dorrans this season, as he (Dorrans) will be injured for most of it. He's missed almost of preseason and all League Cup games through injury.

We don't need more centre mids. 

That is by far our weakest position. If we don’t get some strong players for this league, we will get battered about the place in midfield. Hamilton is a brilliant signing, but we needed another 2 I feel of a similar sort of standard. Can’t see it happening tbh. Think we’ve painted ourselves in to a corner by dishing out long contracts to these players.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

That is by far our weakest position. If we don’t get some strong players for this league, we will get battered about the place in midfield. Hamilton is a brilliant signing, but we needed another 2 I feel of a similar sort of standard. Can’t see it happening tbh. Think we’ve painted ourselves in to a corner by dishing out long contracts to these players.

We currently have no wide players at all, and absolutely no backup at centre back. 

Meanwhile at centre mid we have one of our (on paper) best in Hamilton, our highest paid player in Dorrans, our brightest youth prospect in Todd who seems to have started pre season well, along with Chalmers and Allan for depth. 

Getting another one would be totally overkill. 

I’d like another DM option.  It’s a position that pick a up suspensions and injury, reliant on one man for that is difficult,  however it’s far from top of the list.

Winger

Center back

2nd winger

goalkeeper

DM cover.

4th choice CB.

Is my order of preference.   If we singed up those players we’d still be 2 short of last seasons depth. I’d be very worried over the long term future of the club if we can’t at least achieve decent enough quality in at least 4 of those positions,  if we’re only adding 1 or 2 it would suggest we’re financially fucked, purely as a result of the utterly incredible Peter grant experiment.

4 hours ago, Grant228 said:

We currently have no wide players at all, and absolutely no backup at centre back. 

Meanwhile at centre mid we have one of our (on paper) best in Hamilton, our highest paid player in Dorrans, our brightest youth prospect in Todd who seems to have started pre season well, along with Chalmers and Allan for depth. 

Getting another one would be totally overkill. 

McPake stated in an earlier interview that our central midfield is too similar and that we only have Todd as an attacking midfielder option.

I think we might get a wide guy who can play centrally. A bit like Ethan Ross does at Rovers.

Edited by Chubbychops

13 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Quick Google search shows he signed a two year deal with them last month.

Not on wiki, which is weird, but yeah he signed for them. It was announced on twitter a while ago.

It's midfielders and wingers we are needing sorted pronto. 

On 17/07/2022 at 00:22, Grant228 said:

We don't need more centre mids. 

Allan, Chalmers, Dorrans, Hamilton are our current centre midfielders. Dorrans hasn't kicked a ball this season, Chalmers is guff, Hamilton is a future Balon D'or winner and Allan is a good young player but I'm doubtful we can start a season with him as one of the first choice CM's. I feel we'll still see a handful come in but I'd be shocked if one of them isn't a CM.

If Dorrans ends up being out for some time and any of the other three get injured then we're down to two.

We need another keeper to challenge Deniz. We definitely need another CM and we need a wide player or two. The front line is sorted, four capable strikers who've been in decent enough form already.

41 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Allan isn't some wee youth player. He's 22 (23 next year). If he can't be expected to start then he shouldn't be there at all.

Aye, you have Todd aswell. 

I just don't see it as a priority position at all to strengthen. 

The league starts in a matter of days. McPake has talked about maybe picking someone up on loan once the Premier teams are close to finalising their squads and then maybe sending one of ours on loan. Just not sure why folk are talking about us adding 4-6 players? We’ve got a squad of 21 already. We won this league last time around with a squad of 22.

But if McPake's budget is limited, which it surely will be, then he needs to priotise which positions are strengthened. There may not be the budget to strengthen the defence, wide areas and the middle of the pitch. There may of course be the budget for that mind.