Walking Down The Halbeath Road

23 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Given we have no real wingers I suppose he'd have come in handy at EEP but if McPake keeps playing his 4-3-3 with one or two of the front three drifting wide to provide a bit of width and the full backs pushing on then we might not need any genuine wingers in the squad vert often anyway.

Very different approach from McPake and maybe highlights the dreadful recruitment of Grant and Hughes. We are not made of money and the manager needs to be getting every drop of effort and talent out of the existing players, not trying to impose a philosophy or style of play that’s more about their ego than anything else.

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Season ticket sales now over 2200. I'm very (pleasantly) surprised by that!

It pretty good when you consider last season and lack of fresh faces over the summer. If we got 2500 that would be decent backing in this league.

Is Mehmet likely to be your first choice keeper? (please say yes)

Probably. He has been given the number 1 jersey. Not that it’s indicative of anything, but seems fairly likely.

Lack of signings is a bit dodgy with the first league game approaching. We’re relying heavily on duds from last season and young boys that have literally just got promoted to the first team this season.

Aye sounds like we played well. The lack of squad depth was telling though. Having to bring on Chalmers, for example, doesn’t help matters, but we only made 3 subs, one enforced*. It was telling that McPake didn't bring in any of the younger players.

*Thankfully McPake said after the game Benedictus will be fine for next week.

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Loler. Missed an opportunity there.

Never even heard of the guy tbh.

Even McPake wouldn't be stupid enough to sign him twice. Makes Jack Hamilton look like Buffon.

3 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Who dat

He's our back up keeper that McPake signed last season. Our new manager is now playing our youth keeper ahead of him he's that bad.

I was only joking, I don't think he will be signing for you lads although St Johnstone were bizarrely linked at one point.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's our back up keeper that McPake signed last season. Our new manager is now playing our youth keeper ahead of him he's that bad.

I was only joking, I don't think he will be signing for you lads although St Johnstone were bizarrely linked at one point.

Can we have some other players then please? You've surely got some to offload?